Spoiler Baby Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 5, 2020.

1. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone a little ... disturbed ... by how closely the art copies the art of WWMAP? I mean, it's pretty and all, but the dad's character design copies Anastacius from WWMAP and the character design (the face and the hair length and bangs) of the protagonist copies Athy from WWMAP? Even the eyes of the protagonist are the same color and have the same semi-jewelish pattern (except less pronounced) as Athy. Besides these resemblances, the son of the Duke looks just like Lucas, and the Emperor who the protagonist will marry in a marriage of convenience looks like Ijikiel (with mauve eyes instead of golden eyes). I wish the artist would at least give a little credit to WWMAP for the eyes of the protagonist - I'm nearly certain that they followed the tutorial online made by Spoon (artist of WWMAP) for how to make jewel eyes. It's okay if some of the characters look like characters from WWMAP or share certain features, but really, having all of the major characters bearing obvious resemblance to major characters from WWMAP (including Athanasia, Anastacius, Lucas, Ijikiel, and even outfits of Claude.) takes it a bit too far.
    For example, look at this picture of Athanasia from Who Made me a Princess.
    [​IMG]
    Now look at this picture from Baby Empress.
    upload_2021-5-25_13-40-47.png
    Below is a picture of Anastacius from WWMAP.
    [​IMG]
    And now, a picture of the Duke in Baby Empress.
    upload_2021-5-25_13-50-40.png
    By the way, here is also a picture of Claude from WWMAP. If you compare with the picture of the Duke from Baby Empress above, the character design of the Duke copies Anastacius from WWMAP and the outfit of Claude from WWMAP as well.
    [​IMG]

Also, if you notice closely, the woman who is shown when the protagonist of Baby Empress thinks about who the Duke might have loved (who is probably dead) bears resemblance to Diana, Athy's dead mother and the person who Claude loved in WWMAP!
    This is Diana from WWMAP!
    [​IMG]
    Oh look, it's Diana 2! (Just kidding, we don't know her name.)
    upload_2021-5-25_14-18-6.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Yume-sama, snowest296, nichan and 5 others like this.
  2. killinitKim

killinitKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude I can see it too

But srs were does the brother come in
    Or did the Duke and his finance already do the deed

Or maybe
    Since they said there not letting her get married to the prince it could mean the brother will be born after the mothers release and around the time they are refusing mc bro is about 10 y and mc is 18y

And the title baby empress could just be a reference for mc getting engaged as a baby or being crowed at a young age but not getting married

3. Chenyuen498

Chenyuen498 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in the promo it seemed like she did get married at a young age. Something like the manhwa Survive as the Hero’s Wife

perez and killinitKim like this.
  4. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
    The brother is adopted (in Chapter 16) to become the Duke's successor. And according to chapter 1 MC he gets married at 10

5. hiyori

hiyori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil about the dukes fiancee

6. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I don't mind it that much if a beautiful art like this can be invested in a good stories then everything is worth. Wmmp art style is truly beautiful but I don't like it's story but in other side I m enjoying baby empress and its bonus when you have a good plot with a good art as wmmp whose story is soo hard for me to like.
    I don't know if baby empress's art work done by same person as wmmp or not but as long as the wmmp's artist is not offended or showing it's disdain for having similar artstyle I don't mind it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  7. hadis77

hadis77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first i realy thought the artist was the spoon but then i noticed the quality wasnt the same as spoon and the name was diffrent totally creepy. Besides i am realy sick of this kindes of stories that fl is sweet and everybody end up loving her totally cliche

Lilyworld likes this.
  8. hope6

hope6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1st mc is a prophecy child
    2nd duke is 25 years old and unmarried .. emperor push duke for adoption. That's why at first duke mansion doesn't like mc. But later mc attitude makes their heart change
    3rd duke had a fiancé who stuck in ice wall before 1 week of the marriage . Now any miracle can save her.
    Now the question is does Duke fiancé save and reniute with duke?

9. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yikes, I would definitely NOT suggest Lady Baby to you, where the whole world is centered around the protagonist and everybody loves her eventually, except for the villains, because apparently, anybody who does not like the protagonist is some kind of monster. That kind of cliche takes out a lot of character growth too.
    I prefer more realistic stories (although I check on WWMAP occasionally because the art is too good to resist) ... I guess I'm just more into josei? I really like Your Throne too because they subverted that - you have the sweet, beautiful heroine who is so kind and generous that everybody adores her and even the prince fell in love with her, but she's actually being manipulated ...
    At least WWMAP's politics made the slightest bit of sense, but the politics of Baby Empress are all over the place? Like, why is the war being fought? It's like people are focusing more on "Oh, lets find the child of prophecy, because she will end the war" instead of trying to end the war themselves. And her marrying the Emperor as a kid ... that doesn't make any sense. In reality, the Emperor would have a regent ruling for him instead until he comes of age. Also, the FL of Baby Empress might be kind and pitiable, but she has no political sense. How could someone like that be Empress? I hate how stories try to use royalty positions just to quickly make their character seem "important."

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  10. hadis77

hadis77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly my point.i like more practical heroine than naive god the ones that are too forgiving im like bru wtf

11. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a question. Will Adele or whatever the name of her friend in the orphanage is, will turn into antagonist because she's jealous the cute MC got adopted to the Dukedom, was even higher importance being and can get what all she dreamed about?

shiory likes this.
  12. Waiting4DB5K

Waiting4DB5K Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I saw some people compare it to WMMP, I can kind see it. But I/we need to see more to be sure. One thing sure though is that our MC here isn't so "mature". Actually, If we compare, she would be the "Jenette" of this novel? Like: kind, cute but really naïve. She looks like the kind to be easily manipulated. (Still, she is still young and can change so it could change) If WMMP was the story of "Athy", Baby Empress would be "lovely princess/Jenette/OAthy" of WMMP but with Duke family instead a royal family? (Good parallel is that Duke adopt a boy as Brother later who could play the "role" of Ijekiel).

Just my POV on the question.
    Personally, this story looks cute and good but if the character end to be a Jenette2 I guess I'll never really end to really "like" this story as much as WMMP. (Still love BE though. The MC is just cute but worried to see her be manipulate) Also, I love politics/power struggle things on WMMP so I kind hope this story (baby empress) will progress well and that they'll use well their cards. And I pray that MC become more mature and smart so people can't manipulate her easily. Or If ever, that she have a smart all with her to do it for her.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Nefroza and perez like this.
  13. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    She's so cute mooore spoilerrr puplease

14. killinitKim

killinitKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how you think @reizleigh more spoilers plz or if y'all know where I could find the raws I'd really appreciate it

I also like translating so if you feel translating is hard or you need help I'm here for you @iiiiirrrrriiiii

15. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
  16. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the FL a bit boring. She's too passive and naive (even for a child). Is there any character growth for her?

17. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]Illustration of Chapter 3
    [​IMG]Illustration of Chapter 10
    [​IMG]Illustration of Chapter 19
    [​IMG]
    Illustration of Chapter 25
    [​IMG]Illustration of Chapter 36
    [​IMG]
    Illustration of Chapter 44
    [​IMG]
    Illustration of Chapter 53