Spoiler I Became the Ugly Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Den Rise

Den Rise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For this kind of story i mean the "I've reincarnated into the villainess/mob character/heroine's friend" type of story. The ML is 90% of the times a lot more powerful than FL while the FL is the typical white lotus that needs to be protected. Obviously there are few exceptions like "Beware of the Villainess" or "how to protect the female lead's older brother" "Kill the Villainess" in which the FL is really powerful (and btw this kind of FL is awesome for me, Melissa and Roxana for ex. are two amazing characters and i love them)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Th.ay, svtspeach, Angelai and 3 others like this.
  2. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There may be a genre / nationality bias to this. Japan seems to be about the worst where the FL will wind up being the ML's slave or maid 75% of the time (no surprise their birth rate is below replacement). Korea seems to have noblewomen ground down at a high rate (30% or so long night of the maid , the counts secret accountant come to mind) and a lot of really abusive MLs. China seems to split between domineering CEOs and insanely overpowered Mary Sue. No idea about the anglosphere (UK,US,Australia etc) novels most seem to be harder to read than MTLs and likely written by illiterates.

Now admittedly using a sample of novels on novel updates is about as bad as it gets for drawing conclusions about the actual reading habits in the country, it's not bad for the novel updates universe.

sovokop, K1ndNaru, Angelai and 4 others like this.
  3. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree. Is really hard to see a setup like this, specially with the kind knight that is always the poor 2nd ML... I really like their dynamic and is good that she solves her own issues instead of sit there while the strong Prince/Duke does all the job.

Looking at the Korean novels that were adapted to manwha I can count on my hands how many times the MC really married down so is pretty refreshing to see! Not to mention he's a brunette also a super duper rare ML trait, they are always blonde, black or silver haired with the occasional redhead.

Angelai, Haylaam12 and Den Rise like this.
  4. huneybomb

huneybomb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR!! The knight is the last person i want to be with her. And its more like shes going married with her adopted child lol

5. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The knight is ML? He is bland as hell. I mean, I don't mind a noble lady marry to a commoner story, but in here, he is really a terrible choice IMO.

svtspeach and MatchaMatchaLuv like this.
  6. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys do u know where I can read the novel? pls I can't wait for season2 T~T

djan29 likes this.
  7. djan29

djan29 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The discussion is longer than the spoiler:eek: :confused: can anyone have more spoiler :oops::giggle:

Lucy_, Angelai and Ghost123 like this.
  8. T1mmy

T1mmy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone checked the manga out? I assume it's the same in Novel but why does she have memories of the future? Like Chapter 7 when she finds Theve while shopping and knows he will become an awesome knight. She even calls him by name without ever having met him before this point. Nevermind sorry, went back to check it out in first chapters, and she got five years plus of memories. Talk about not wanting to build anything, just throw in endless memory scenes. I'm done with this.

9. MatchaMatchaLuv

MatchaMatchaLuv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you do have a point. TBH, they're both kind of cliché. And I don't really see much Spirit Kings x MC stories too? Just mages and etc. Anyway, in this story, I just find the ML really bland in comparison to the Spirit King. I felt more chemistry between the two of them than the knight. But that's just me, so‍:blobsnow:.. If you like the knight better than the spirit king, it's fine. They do end up together anyway whether some of us like it or not.

10. Chenleong

Chenleong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I’m not mistaken, in the early chapters it was explained that when the mc transmigrated, she received sylvia’s memories since she was little until the cause of her death which gave her knowledges about the world and every future event that will happen

11. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a head fake. It's life 1 bad end for Sylvia, transmigrates to earth lives life there, transmigrates back to where the story begins. Sylvia is the original.

12. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But does he love her? Like he supposedly loved her in the past timeline? Why doesn't he love her when he originally did in the past (kinda hate when authors do this)

Anyone got spoiler on the brothers? The table of content doesn't even link post that are spoilers, they're just discussion posts

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  13. june27

june27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finding out she forgives the family sucks they don’t deserve it like when the younger sister was kidnapped and sylvia helps am 100% sure he was gonna say get my daughter just the younger sister but then stopped and than said children make you think he doesn’t think of her as his child or daughter I don’t think they deserve forgiveness

Like you would think he would try and protect her from rumors but he doesn’t he just adds fire by shaming her for what she does it kinda shows he hates her (sylvia) I think if it was rumors of the younger sister he would stop them but if it’s about Sylvia he wouldn’t they keep saying that she’s older she should know better like what the hell

MariaBr, Magen1, Enmea and 3 others like this.
  14. marryserver

marryserver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa has a long pause, why?

lan2001h likes this.
  15. HelaKeizer

HelaKeizer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a novel for this? someone has de link?

lan2001h likes this.
  16. JustATalkingOwl

JustATalkingOwl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad that Sylvia ends up with Tev. To me, he's adorable. What's more, their interaction is pretty subtle and sometimes cute, like when Sylvia blushes at the sight of Tev's abs. Like how Tev runs away, then hiding behind the door with his face red after hearing Sylvia call his name in her unconsciousness. They're there for each other. Those small things are precious.

I've read someone's spoiler on previous pages (I forgot which page), then I thought, "Oh, I feel its bittersweet, but that is what makes their existence and togetherness are simply beautiful."

Btw, I'm waiting for the kind souls who have read the novel to share more spoilers. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Angelai likes this.
  17. Mirai Tsukihime

Mirai Tsukihime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I agree... I am so happy.. I always read these manhwas where the FL is supposed to be a villainess... But then she turns into a typical MC and og MC turns into villianess.. Then what was the point of the whole thing... Their roles are reversed.. That's all.. It's the same plot all over again... This time the sister is good.. That's so refreshing... Similarly it's refreshing to see the ml is the knight. and I am pretty sure those who are against him right now will drool all over him after the glow up...

Honestly, the only one at fault in the family was the father. He was the one who neglected... Others are still kids and teenagers. They are still learning things... The sister, Irene was still nice to sylivia even though she bullied her all the time just because she was jealous. Everyone has their faults and make mistakes if we can overlook the MC's past behavior as a bully then we can overlook the siblings not caring about her... The brother also mended his way when she confronted him.. I mean if my sister would bully me, I would ignore her or judge her for being at fault.. Although I agree that the father should have asked her why she was behaving this way.. So it's his fault as a parent.

Also all those people saying the crown prince should have the MC... I mean he was the one responsible for sylivia's exile in the past life.. Because he was angry that she slapped Irene.. He could have easily forgiven her or given a less dangerous punishment.. But no.. He exiled her... And duke followed his order.. So in this life he can never be the ml.. Never.

applebeans likes this.
  18. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yassss hahahaha

I like him since
    FL likes to call him cat and seems really happy around him, he's more like gentle protector second ML in other novels, but here he's the ML! I wasn't sure usually I start shipping with the bodyguard and the crown prince or god ML comes swooping in!!
    REJOICE! :blobmelt::blob_pompom:

I do feel like the artist is biased to him, but
    his design makes him look like a girl… his eyes are very big and his face very small, long-ish hair, and the clothes are baggy and hides his lines, so he looks like a girl if you don't already know he's a guy :notlikeblob:

because i don't have a problem with Lucas from WMMAP, he looks like a guy no matter how long his hair is or how big his eyes are. The spirit king looks like a guy even with long hair…
    I'll get used to it later though ><
    thanks for that spoiler

nihal eleonor likes this.
  19. My heart s a twoD

My heart s a twoD New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooohhhhhhhhh, tho I have some kinda tiny bit of mixed emotions about the end.
    Our MC's end game is still who I expected... Theve.
    Tho I feel bad for the crown prince... It's still his choice to marry Aileen, but is it some political marriage? (did I use the term right?) and if Aileen is really a saintess type of character... Then she's suitable to be the next empress even if their marriage is for political purposes.
    It's just that, the Crown Prince's marriage proposal to the MC is rejected so he ended up with a Sylvia's simp (Aileen haha, because that's what she seems to me... Peace v^^) it would be good if the Crown Prince and Aileen could be friends and yeah... The rest is up to them

Can I ask what WMMAP stands for? I haven't read a character named Lucas so I can't figure out the title hahahahaha... [edited after 20mins. hahahahaha was it who made me a princess??? I haven't read it so the abbreviation didn't ring a bell earlier. haha]
    And btw... It's the same to me... No matter how pretty a man character is... I can't be confused by what their gender is. (that's especially because if you're so used to super duper pretty male characters *shout out to Manhua San Lang and Crown Prince* kyaaaaah and to the other pretty male characters as well... )

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  20. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who Made Me A Princess