Question What’s wrong with being a villainess fiancé?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do the fiancé’s get labelled as a villainess for bullying the slut that tries to seduce their man? Like how is she in the wrong some bitch comes along and starts flirting with your fiancé and your meant to do nothing that’s bullshit you teach her a lesson so she’ll leave your man alone I want justice for the villainess cause she’s the true victim

xnvesha.14, trixhenituse and Lissi like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes, and that's what countless villainesses in uncountable otome stories are occupied with setting right. :blobReach:

AliceShiki and Raven Evernight like this.
  3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because the prince and his aides are stupid ~

4. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there are two girls fighting for a guy and the guy is aware of the fight, the guy is to blame. The boy can stop this fight because both girls love him so they will take him seriously.
    even if the novel progresses differently than I said, unlike Otome, guy has an opportunity to fix things.

and you know, the main male character often lacks common sense

xnvesha.14 and Munimuyi like this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: Yeah, you should never go after taken people!!! That's being a homewrecker, not a heroine!! :blob_mask:

Unless the guy was a slag and those two are scummy together... then you gotta put both of them on your ignore list!!! :blobhero:

6. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't like all of them does it that way though, quite a few of the ones I've come across don't have the "heroine" trying to seduce the fiancé but rather the other way around and the "villainess" taking out her anger on the wrong person.

Gitami and AliceShiki like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm now remembering a yuri novel that starts with the main Love Interest (she was from a Duke's family, for the record) having her engagement broken with the Prince, because the prince had fallen in love with a Baron's daughter and was going to marry her.

And then all of the prince's aides started calling the main Love Interest names and telling her to confess to her bullying sins and whatever... And she kinda started breaking down under the pressure.

Then the MC (a princess) breaks into the scene, saves the love interest and flies away together with her!
    ... She really flies, with a broom and stuff.

Anyways, it's kinda funny to me because it totally felt like a direct reference to usual otome game plots, but while the MC is indeed isekai'd, the world is just a standard fantasy world and has nothing of otome game to it.

It's quite the cute novel, but I think it's been a while since the last update... T.T

8. xnvesha.14

xnvesha.14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I think it's fine if you like someone, but rather than labelling the fiance as a villainess, it should be more of a fair competition and the decision should be left to the man being chased.

Gitami and Raven Evernight like this.
  9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no right or wrong in love and war. The one that's right often depends on which perspective you are looking at.

In a rather unrelated note, I don't want to get close to people that bully other people either. Those are two separated matters, and while I would avoid the new girl for stealing xxx's fiancee/lover, but I would think MC have bad character for taking revenge using violence too.

asriu likes this.
  10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree~

The whole point of engagements/marriages is that they are more official than a casual relationship. There are expectations and promises tied to it.

If someone tries to come in between a couple (and not just keep silent about their "like"), even if they "like" the guy, or the guy actually accepts the third party's pursuit, it's scummy.

It's not really as simple as just "I like you, I don't like her anymore, so let's be together" imo. It's not a 2-person's world. To run off together like that is both scummy and irresponsible.

11. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Villainess is also in fault for target heroine. She should have talk with her scum fiance. If he don't change then break up with him. She just vent her jealousy or anger on wrong person heroine. Even if there is no heroine, i am sure her fiance will cheated on her with other woman. Her fiance is most fault, cheater and scumbag. He just play with other girl when he have fiance. No pity for villainess. She is just stupid. If villainess know her fiance has affairs with other woman. She will target or bully other woman. She doesn't break up with her fiance, and forgive her scum fiance. She will blamed on other woman for seduced her fiance. Lol villainess is just stupid. She have no brain or common sense

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    xnvesha.14 likes this.
  12. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest a lot of the times I just blame the parents for forcing the engagement in the first place.

Gitami and Dragontrainer201 like this.
  13. Dragontrainer201

Dragontrainer201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. In a lot of these cases, the engagement was arranged by the parents when they were still children. I could see an outsider sympathizing with someone being stuck in an unwanted engagement and wanting to help them get out of it.

Nimroth likes this.
  14. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    its bc the 'villainess' is not the 'heroine' Mostly ML in Villainess genre likes 2 faced bitc-- heroine.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:
    consider some setting on noble of ancient setting~ meh thats normal~ marriage is just another way to gather influence~

Raven Evernight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.