Spoiler Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read ch.6 and other than the world building, its a bit refreshing to read that most of the notable cast members are on their 30s

Can anyone remind me which Kingdom Alec is from or the sh*tty Count mentioned in the spoilers/and by extension where the rest of Akatsuki/Dawn members switched branches from?

2. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping this thread. Been busy with RL for a week that I tried to catch up on novel reading. Quite surprised we get the discrimination with arrogant newbies given how MC is adored by the senior adventurers AND is the GMs adopted sister

Peerly, lazynoodles, syofiaa and 3 others like this.
  3. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Please tell me the imminent cat fight that was hinted on the latest chapter is going to short and won’t be dragged out.

Hypothon likes this.
  4. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    (Light) Novel wise, these b*tches last one or two chapters (1 for POV from the Shiori protecc squad and Shiori herself)
    Its funny that the author's afterword on the 3 girls, though tragic for one of them, gives them all names
    Mage got demoted, Swordswoman dies, Archer returns home and becomes an adventurer there "moderately"
    I'm actually much more interested with the author mentioning 4 points that he'll slowly tackle eventually
    Something about Nadia, RURIE before meeting MC and even the author mentioning the day she was born, Alec and his prince life, and I forgot the 4th

5. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, actually when Alec came by, the case of MC's old party is over.
    The one behind all MC's abuse in her old party is actually the former guild master. He skilled at illusion and taught MC some illusion magic. He is former noble (count or viscount??), and he has hand at some 'whorehouse' involving foreign women. He kind of lied to the foreign women that if they have scars, they will be very bad (forgot the details), and because the limited vocabulary plus they doesn't really knowledgeable about it, that make many foreign women got caught in the scheme.

MC's old party actually is quite decent at first, but because they got influenced by former guild master, MC's life becomes hell, and at that time MC's has severe case of low esteem that make her hesitate to tell her problems to her friends. After, the abandoned and MC get saved by Ruri (it is said that MC doesn't tame Ruri at all, but their relationship actually is like friend. Because MC is kind to give water to Ruri, make Ruri later help MC. After that Ruri always accompany MC and to her delight she get many delicious thing (aka some 'scary' insects as she is really good at helping people to shoo the banned insects lol).

The one who delivers punishment to the mastermind (aka former guild master etc) is Zack (the present guildmaster). He is actually 'former' noble, a duke's brother. So, even if mastermind threatened him with his status, Zack actually has higher status than him, plus unlike the mastermind, Zack still kept communication to his bro. (PS. actually Zack likes MC but he has a guilt over what happened to MC that make him feel doesn't deserve her.)

And about Nadia, in WN, it is hinted that she is actually the former fiancee of second prince. Former not because breaking engagement but because the said prince is dead. The second prince is Zack's best friend...more to Zack is kinda like the second prince's right hand.
    And the present king was 3rd/4th prince (forgot if Alec is 3rd or the king. Alec quit his prince life because his life is in danger because some people doesn't want him threatened the king's place...sad thing actually he doesn't want to become king and the brothers relationship ia actually really good, but because some nobles, Alec escape to save his life with the help of king and Zack..)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Melita_H, Kitsuna, Opelia and 24 others like this.
  6. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
  7. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler Much appreciated I hope that ex-count suffers throughout the rest of his life

9. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got sad with this :blobsad:
    It's actually Zack. Though she thinks it might actually be like a suspension bridge effect. Where in she was scared and alone in another world and he was the one who was always there for her. But still she liked him. That changed though after the akatsuki incident when zack proposed to be her brother. He was so guilty in what happened that he thinks he didnt deserve her.

There's this one chapter i feel bad for zack. People at the guild were gossiping about alec and shiori that they saw them kissed in front of shiori's apartment then alec stayed overnight (nothing happened though). Zack heard it and showed distress and im like dude you could have had her and you did nothing!:notlikeblob: i get that he feels guilty but why did he have to let his self be in the brotherzone? I feel sad he lost the opportunity to be with shiori.. :blobupset:

evilboop, Elisee, Kitsuna and 23 others like this.
  10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    WN or LN? Is this from a Shiori POV chapter or her actually admitting it to someone (like say... Alec? Rui? or Nadia?)
    Any new spoilers? Even in WN. What's tge latest post dating and cohabitation?

snowberry likes this.
  11. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WN. It was Shiori's POV. I was only checking chapters with interesting titles and didnt check the latest chapters so i dont know.
     But if I'm here now, I'm looking down on him. I felt like I could never recover. I was aware that I was so inclined to Alex that I thought so.

――It was my second love in this world.

The first time may have been something that couldn't be called love. Instinctive addiction to a man who became an asylum under unusual circumstances. I knew that was the so-called suspension bridge effect.

(-But I still probably liked it)

He took care of me and said, "If you have any problems, say anything." He sent me "I support you" when I decided to become an adventurer. He praised me, "I did my best." Even though he wasn't a kid, he stroked his head with his big warm hands-I liked Zack.

There was no reason not to like him in that situation.

However, someone gave me "advice" and covered that feeling, and ...

"... I'm sorry I didn't notice it."

When he regained consciousness, he distorted his face and hugged him, "Why don't you become my sister?"-The moment he said that, the love was completely over. He felt responsible for the incident and said that he would become an "elder brother" so that the person who imitated the stupidity would never approach.

lazynoodles, geckin, tasyaaaa and 8 others like this.
  12. Darlfield

Darlfield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really a 'post a spoiler' person so I hope people will not bombart me with tons of questions as it pressures me to reply to everyone (makes me feel like presenting a public speech) huhu it makes me anxious but I do understand the 'curiousity of a reader'

This will be my first spoiler on NU so huhu... and I'll just assume most of you people have read the latest manga chapter release of this..

This is not 100% accurate.
    Japanese is not my first language.
    MTL-based only.
    Read at your own risk.
    You've been warned.

I kind of actually like Zack hoho don't mind me (▰˘◡˘▰) and I dunno how accurate this is I just tried MTL-ing the novel. What I got is Zack was actually Shiori's first love (GHASH) however, when the Akatsuki incident happened Zack just kind of declared "I'm sorry I couldn't take care of you. How about I be your brother?" kind of line (ouf of his own guilt) and just like that he kind of blowed his chance on Shiori. Shiori, on ther hand, had a hard time treating him both as his crush and as a brother. So yeah, she kind of moved on and treated him as a family.

Btw Zack's POV on Shiori is so FLUTTERY FOR MY STOMACH, CAN'T TAKE ALL THE BUTTERFLIES (well part of it is I like Zack so the feels kind of add up to that) huhu I mean they both liked each other in a romantic way but yeah the story kind of HAHAHA but well.. Zack's thoughts were like 'I want to hug and kiss her, and drag her to the bedroom' (I mean their quite old for their age like 30-ish sth and most are single GHASH hahaha so maybe he kind of thought that but I know he is a gentleman so self-restraint was quite high) and to add Shiori is really attractive more on because of her demeanor and intelligence and so on so people tend be drawn by her men and women alike (of course d*mn b*itches exist lol) but all is well...

HEY! don't misunderstand what I stated about the bedroom ZACK IS NOT A PERVERT!! ╥﹏╥ it's just a part of his POV and just so happens that the situation kind of set his heart on fire WHAT CAN HE DO TO OUR VERY IDEAL BRIDE SHIORI PEOPLE(/TДT)/ even I still lowkey ship them ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭ ZACK IS A GENTLEMAN PEOPLE!! I JUST WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT, YEAH SOME THINGS JUST KIND OF LIKE THAT hahaha

I'm just so excited with how the story goes and I wanted to talk abt it sooo yeah... this may not be the whole story as I don't have the luxury to do so lol exams are giving me more headaches than reading a mtl-ed novel...

I'm gonna repeat saying this is not 100% accurate so for people who actually read the novel as well you are more than welcome to correct myself...

Can I say this? Huhu just ignore this post if you don't feel like it

Alex is actually a crown prince candidate or sth but because of a broken heart (our boy is such a softie I tell you ( ꈍᴗꈍ)) he decided to run away from the imperial palace with the help of his step-brother and decided to be an adventurer. Well, the heartbreak became a trauma to Alex thus the reason why he doesn't get along well with woman (I'm confused to how should I state this because it was mentioned that he also visits brothels from time to time and was even famous for being good in bed/bottomless). Though I'm not saying he is a sex-driven person (you get my point, he's in his 30-ish and is healthy and single) he's setting is just like that. He's good man in general. On the other hand, our FL is slowly being reverred to as a saintess/celestial maiden (I won't be surprised, but I hope she won't accept the title). For people who actually met Shiori they have always said she is so similar to Touhou (an eastern country) int erms of her gen features but at the same time not. She is so saint-ish in their POV. Hahaha Shiori really is an ideal bride with all honesty. Alex is so lucky or to be precise both are lucky with each other as they gradually heal their wounded hearts and terrible past.

My opinion: I would even marry Shiori on the spot if I were Alex.

I think this will be my last spoiler post for today.. My nerves have calmed down from all the excitement

Alex's guardian Christopher (I think he is a either a Duke or a Marquis) invited Shiori for a cross-examination on her identity along with Zack & Alex:

At the end of the examination Chris excused Zack and Alex to have a private talk with Shiori.

As Alex is determined to go back to the imperial palace and aid his step-brother, as well as, face his past (like Shiori really made Alex realize the cost of him running away) there will be possibilities that he will be offered/forced to marry a noble woman or even princess but not an immigrant (FL is treated as an immigrant as her identity was ambiguous) and so Chris asked if what will she do if that ever happens.

Shiori: With all honesty, I hope you don't get angry Marquis/Duke?

-Shiori then proceeds to narrate her downfalls-

1. I have been thrown into a world far different from mine. Without knowing anything.

2. I have been used to the bones by the people I trusted (Akatsuki) and was abandoned and left to die.

So far Marquis/Duke I have already encountered death twice and I still struggle to make a place here in this foreign world. If Alex is going to the imperial palace. I'll be left alone in Tris (the place they are live in) and I will hear gossip and rumors about Alex. Rumors of his marriage. Gossips with him and a woman. I'll be sure not be able to take it. If Alex is going to get married and be happy, but that woman is no longer me. Then I WOULD RATHER DIE. If you're going to take Alex away from me, I won't be able to take it. I'm already exhausted. So, I ask you to kill me in the least painful way. Don't tell Alex about it, just tell him I went to Mizuho (an eastern country).

Chris was shocked and Shiori just cried her heart out.

Chris: I understand. I, as someone who actually watched over Alex as he grew up wanted to test the woman he fell in love with. But I hope you won't take out of the possibility. And pls don't tell Alex of this.

Shiori nodded

*By 'kill' like literally 'kill' her*

AARRRGGG this is not really how it was stated word for word but I hope you get the gist of it... I really bawled so hard and re-read this plenty times as this really broke my heart ಥ╭╮ಥ

Chris POV after the talk w/ Shiori:
    Chris has already received reports how Shiori is such a calm, intelligent, and chaste woman and he has witnessed it the moment he met her in person. But that's not all she also have a firm and passionate resolve. Something that you can witnessed in the royal family. She is a strong woman. To add, Shiori is a celestial lady (their hypothesis) Shiori and Alex really are meant for each other. They met even between two worlds apart.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  13. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler! Regarding the 'celestial lady' title, is it a special one? What does it mean to be a CL?

14. Darlfield

Darlfield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! From what I could understand, compared to other isekai'd definition of celestial lady. There was really nothing special about it.
    This is just one of their missions in the adventurer's guild. It was regarding a theater play and they are commissioned to protect the leading theater actress (?, if my memory serves me right, dropped the novel for now) and they kind of had some problems with the play and the caretaker of an orphanage which was a friend of Shiori suggested to them to have Shiori do what she did to the children which was using illusionary magic to help innovate the play. So the scenario became the leading theater actress singing songs while Shiori plays a background effects. The last performance was a song that was regarding the kingdom and what Shiori showed them was something like how we view planet earth like the view from sky, fields, etc.
    Can't really put all the details but this mission kind of triggered the church (?, I believe) that a saint sent by their god has been sent and also many nobles present that time where looking after her identity. They find it amazing when in fact compared to the modern world Shiori came from it's just something we get to see if we wanted to and we have the internet we can browse the solar system from. Shiori just added her imagination and creativity in doing the background effects and the people their started to believe that it was a 'perspective of the god'. I think you've also been already been spoiled about how Shiori told Alex, Chris, and Zack that she was actually from a different world which adds up to the conclusion that she was a 'celestial lady' (though they claim nothing changes between them, but regarded it as a means that they have to protect her from greedy nobles and also from the church)

Also, from the way Shiori lives (her lifestyle, demeanor, food, etc.) people around her also felt that she was different. Can't say for sure if this will add up to the claim but I've read some POVs that kind of point out how she was so kind, gentle, sister-like, etc. that I felt they are thinking she was a 'saint' or something.

Shiori befriended a client she met in a mission. Turns out she was an artist and a noble. (Can't really go into details on this mission but...) when at one time they met because Shiori was teaching some cooking techniques (you know how knowledgeable she is esp in cooking when from a modern world) at their household she told Shiori that she was commisioned (?, I believe) to sculp an image of a saint for the church (if I'm right) and she wanted Shiori to model for her telling her that if she was not the model she will not do it. That person's POV went on saying how Shiori was oozing with kindness, gentleness, humbleness (all -ness lol) that even if it was just her image/statue it will reflect her the same

So far, haven't read anything amazing being a 'celestial lady' and the novel is still ongoing so... this is something I can only answer for you. Hope my lengthy tale helps you :blobtired:

By.Eve, geckin, snowberry and 10 others like this.
  15. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the response! I enjoyed reading it. I'm surprised it took a while for them to discover her being a wanderer/CL since lots of adventurers have been noticing how her magic is so unusual — double casting spells, extreme precision, etc. I do hope this CL status will help her solidify her position to marry ML (since they do come from different backgrounds).

Darlfield likes this.
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
  17. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. I’m so happy some of the manga series official version has been updating lately (this and the dragon knight’s fiancée/lover series)

Any spoilers on the current arc of the manga with the racist side against immigrants?

chamchaworld likes this.
  19. ispcizero3rd

ispcizero3rd New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any developments on Sihori skill and capability ? i just wish that there will be a time where she's not weak and discover her setbacks in magic. i mean she was being belittled because her magic capability.