Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, it went like this in the original timeline?
    Diana: "Please take care of our child when I die ..."
    Claude: *proceeds to use dangerous black magic to wipe his memory of Diana and Athy, ignores Athy her whole life, then kills her when she is eighteen.*

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  2. Athy1000

Athy1000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

Do you, by any chance, know why today we dont have a chapter of WMMAP ?

3. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Claude POV side story, when he met 4 Yo Athy, he already forgot about Diana, but the black magic hasn't completed yet, every time he see Athy, the voice inside his head remind him not to open the box (his memories), every time he tried to remember it gave him a severe headache and he has to urge to kill Athy. Before Claude met Athy, he found her treasure buried in his garden, he think someone tried to curse him, when Felix tried to investigate, Claude said he is going to catch the trespasser himself. The first time when he met Athy, he contemplated to kill her or not, Athy pouch (where she hide her treasures) fall from her thigh, he is surprised 'oh, she is the trespasser', he invited her to eat cakes and when he is contemplated to kill her, she call him 'Daddy', it piqued his interest, so he is thinking 'I will kill her later', that's pattern repeated, meanwhile his headache and insomnia got more severe. When they go boating and Athy fell, he really is going to let her drown, but seeing Athy eyes that look like she know her father won't save her and lost all hope, he decide to screw the voice inside his head and open his memories box.

So basically when he met 9 yo Athy in 1 TL, the black magic already completed, he forgot about Diana and Athy and every time he met Athy, it only gave him headache (the side effect of the black magic), meanwhile because of Jeanette magic nature 'I want to be loved', it soothe his headache, it only works like painkiller though and Claude still dying in the end. Lucas also said something in the line, only Athy could undo Claude black magic curse ( Every time she is in the near death experience, like seeing Athy vomited blood, it freed Claude from the black magic shackle). When Lucas first met Claude, he saw the trace of the black magic, but even without him doing anything, Claude could get rid of it eventually. But after Claude get caught up in Athy mana explosion, because of Athy magic nature 'reverse the time', Claude goes back to the time before he met Athy and the black magic is in full swings again, that's why he forgot Athy and tried to kill her again.

4. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¿Alguien sabe dónde puedo leer la novela completa?

alguien me dijo que el weebton y la novela eran diferentes, lo leí en wattpad pero lo borraron :-;

5. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u write in english ,pls?

6. _.valerian._

_.valerian._ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I see thanks for answering me :3

7. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His point of view is a joke. Like contemplating to kill your child. How ppl love claude is beyond me

8. AthyXLucas-FelixXLillian

AthyXLucas-FelixXLillian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry if this was answered answered but I don’t feel like going through all 150 pages. Again sorry but do Lillian and Felix get together?

9. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the need to point out that the Claude POV side story was from the novel and the rest of the present day plot in the manhwa actually deviates quite a bit from the novel. Which isn't to say that this explanation doesn't work but it would be best considered as a headcanon at this point.

Nope they do not get together in the novel. The manhwa hasn't finished so we don't know what will happen there.

Athy1000 likes this.
  10. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I just found this new manwha, Baby Empress, recently, and I'm a little disturbed by how closely the art copies the art of WWMAP. It has very pretty art, but the character design of the protagonist copies Athy, even having semi-jewelish bright blue eyes. The Duke, the adoptive father of the protagonist (who is called Adele), acts just like Claude, and he looks just like Anastacius from WWMAP (and wears clothes that look just like Claude's formal attire.) The Emperor who the protgaonist of Baby Empress is going to marry according to the promo, looks like Ijikiel (with mauve eyes instead of golden eyes). And the Duke's son in the promo looks like Lucas, with a similar hairstyle, same hair color, and red eyes. The short cameo of the person who the Duke might have loved in Baby Empress looks like Diana from WWMAP. What do you think? Here are some examples to compare the two.
    This is Athy from WWMAP as you all know ...
    [​IMG]
    And this is the protagonist of Baby Empress, Adele. If you go to the webtoon and look closely at her eyes, you can see the jewel pattern of the WWMAP eyes.
    [​IMG]
    This is Anastacius with black hair when he was in disguise from WWMAP ...
    [​IMG]
    ... And this is the Duke, the protagonist's adoptive father, from Baby Empress.
    [​IMG]
    Also, this is Claude from WWMAP. Doesn't the Duke's outfit (above) look like Claude's outfit (below)?
    [​IMG]
    This is Diana from WWMAP ...
    [​IMG]
    ... And this is the person who the Duke in Baby Empress loved. I'm just gonna call her Diana 2.
    [​IMG]

i_am_here and Athy1000 like this.
  11. AthyXLucas-FelixXLillian

AthyXLucas-FelixXLillian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that’s too bad but who knows what the manhwa has in store
    Also thank you very much

12. Waiting4DB5K

Waiting4DB5K Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys. I tried to find it but I can't find the novel translated. Only side stories. Is someone can say me where I can read it? I can only find until chapter 123. Is the team still not end to translate it despite translating side stories?

13. _shuuri

_shuuri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gosh, be so fussy, why don't you. There are similarities and I agree I could see Claude in that Duke but then again, did you think the selection for character designs are that wide? For example, if you wanted to create a 'cold hearted father and a cute daughter' type of trope, you'd be thinking you wanted the father to have sharp eyes to highlight their tyrant-ness or sumn, and the daughter would look like a cute little girl with big eyes to highlight cuteness... it's not as if there is much diversity you could do when the only thing you can make them be differentiated with is the eyebrow, the eyes, and the hairstyle and color, putting aside the fact that those things would give the character a specific vibe when combined much like how those tyrant fathers seem to always sharp eyes and (usually) black hair.

As for the outfit, dude... I'd agree if it was athy's outfits that looked similar to baby empress since Spoon apparently designs them herself but... really? That's... the Duke's outfit is literally probably taken off from a reference picture of a victorian outfit or sumn... and if you think about it... how else did you want him to look like? Was that outfit exclusive to Claude? Was the fur cape especially designed for him?

I get that WMMAP is really famous and y'all use it as a sort of comparison to everything but you're really starting to be rude to other artists. Has the 'single father bc mother died in childbirth or sumn' always been exclusive to WMMAP? So what if the mother is blonde? Was everyone supposed to stay away from the color so as not to be similar to it? Literally every black haired red-eyed character in manwhas you start to call Lucas. Acts like Claude? So did a ton of characters in korean novels buddy. And now some of you are going to call mothers who are blonde a 'diana'?

You're really going to snuff out an artist's light one day god. At most, it's probably using Spoon's art style as a standard or reference, and moreover, please do remember that the 'blue eyes blond hair' 'black hair and red eyes' 'silver hair and gold eyes' IS NOT a unique character design, they're literally all over.

M30WWWW, gollyjanet, Natamcia and 6 others like this.
  14. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this person although i dont like to argument with someone

15. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
  16. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_2021-05-30-00-57-24-88.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-30-00-56-45-05.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-30-00-57-08-65.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-30-00-55-44-39.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-30-00-55-37-74.jpg I'm crying. Please. Diana is so pretty. And this is so heartbreaking. Period.

17. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not wrong about the similarities but Spoon's style is so well known that I'm sure someone would catch it if this was out right plagiarism and copying. I don't know if this happens with manhwa, but with manga it is common to have assistants who study under the head mangaka and it often can lead to similarities in art style. So maybe that's a possibility here? Otherwise it could simply be that this artist's style really was heavily inspired by Spoon but as long as the panels aren't out-right copied from WMMAP then it's all fair actually.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  18. saribyu

saribyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There were so many pages I could not find what I was looking for... If someone can answer these questions, please do! Who is Jennette's love interest and does she end up with someone? Does Ijekiel end up with someone or does he not have any other love interest? Lastly, does Felix and Lilian develop feelings for each other and end up in the end?

19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wmmap plagiarized from the emperors daughter anyway so whatev

20. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no a "patent" style of artwork, for jeweled eyes (if only obelia family has them, how about the other stories like Princess in the rough will survive in manhwa ver lol. Estrella and her cousin's eyes are literally "jewels"). The manhwa "I am the real one" also has similar colour tone as wmmap, and several similar scenes when the fake daughter made her appearance. it is all fair and not plagiarism as long as it is not direct tracing or copy paste with minor edit lol.

and yep. even in korea, this is also got noticed by fans. the thing is, adele's eyes are supposed to be normal but i think the artist decides to add some effect to make it cuter or got inspired... i don't know lol.

but heck.. even the pink hair colour can incite a massive war and flood of bad comments to the artist just because the reader accused it as plagiarism, even when it's blatantly different lmao. how many pink haired heroine we have now? :blobsad: are they the copy of Yerenica? because she is one of the famous pink haired heroine?

For clothes.... the men's outfits are similar and even the added trinkets and cape or whatever doesn't really stand out as women's dress (except the characters who wear exotic clothes :blobmelt:).

and we also can discuss the neverendless stock images of jewels, palace, etc in manhwa at this rate :blob_grin:. Keira (i am the real one) and Melissa (beware of vilainess) even decked in the exact same garment in one of their respective episode .