Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeanette always thinks Ijekiel as her future spouse. but nah.. it wont happen except in the lovely princess novel

Ijekiel will ends up with Athy only in one alternate timeline in the novel.

Felix & Lilian don't really have close relationship in the novel. the manhwa is a bit different, because Spoon tweaked the story now.

the novel is finished but spoon takes a different path in the manhwa adaptation. so if you want the novel ending, just read but if you only follow the manhwa. like all of us : LETS WAIT TOGETHER :LOL:

Yes. better stop and continue the plot discussion :blob_grin:. i am already tired dealing with this kind of discussion in official platform lmao...

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  2. saribyu

saribyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for answering! I heard from someone that Jeanette ended up with Cain from Beware of the Brothers, but I never heard of that. So I was a bit curious if that was true. I am quite a bit sad that Ijekiel does not end up with anyone since he was a good 2nd ML and I wish he had another love. As for Felix and Lilian, I can't wait for how their relationship develops! Very excited!

Creolenerd likes this.
  3. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it weird for me to wonder... was that gem been sticking over her forehead?

4. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I thought the gem was because Diana was a fairy ... But then I realized it said "like a fairy" so idk.

5. Pest-chan

Pest-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who studies digital art. You can't "plagiarize" an artwork unless you traced over or claimed/stole the artwork of others. So please don't claim that the manhwa or Spoon "plagiarized" because she didn't. She took some inspiration from here and there, BUT THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE SOMETHING OR DRAW SOMETHING.

No one can just make something out of nothing. It has to come from something, be it inspiration from something you've seen or a compilation of that inspiration/imagination.

I have repeatedly read someone claiming that wmmap manhwa is plagiarized from Daughter of the Emperor, but I don't see it. Their artstyles are different, first of all. So PLEASE STOP stating that Spoon plagiarized.

Also, please stop comparing the artsyles of other artists from other manhwas. Artstyle is something that is studied through practise and honed FOR MANY YEARS by each and every artist. There is no "plagiarism" of artstyles UNLESS YOU TRACE OVER ARTWORK OF OTHERS.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  6. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc the main target of the plagiarism content it is not spoon. Plutus (the author of the novel) is the one who got accused of plagiarism. DotE novel was released in 2015 and SIBAP in 2017, and there are similarities between two novels.

chapter 100 SIBAP actually reminds me of Galatea's brief reunion with Maybelle (Daughter of the Archmage). both mother are fragment of souls, and pretty doting on their daughter.

Both scene involved a tree branch, but with different usage.

The difference is Thea gave a dead branch to Maybelle, so her daughter can revive Yggdrasil -the tree of life- . The tree of life is dead because the antagonist used its power to hurt the ML.

While Athy will use the world tree branch she got from the ML to save Claude from that black curse, and Diana shown her where to use it :blobhero:

and no. i don't see this as plagiarism. it is different and if i want to do something, i'd do a cute comparison between Athy & Maybelle's parents lol.
    ====

i saw a r****t thread where fans also comparing spoon's path of her adaptation (our Athy is implied the same person as LP Athy) to doctor Elise (OG Elise-Korean woman-Our Elise). heck, there are novels with similar plot. the unecessary debates always started with rabid fans tried to protect what they like and attack the others without even listening to another arguments lol.

That's why. let's now stop with the plagiarism context for good (especially if we are only comparing the artwork lol.) or make a separate thread somewhere so this thread won't be as cluttered as charlotte's or the godforsaken TAE's thread :blob_grin: .

Now after there is a good progress (and hopefully Claude can wake up fast lol). i am waiting for what spoon will do with Anastacius/Aethernitas later.

i kinda want a cool showdown lmao

7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this might sound rude, but does anyone knows where I can finds the translation for chapter 100?

8. Aq_

Aq_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, so in the latest chapter Diana says that she's been looking after them since forever, so does that mean that in the original timeline she looked at Athy struggling and ultimately dying at Clause's hands?

9. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The purpose of Claude's "curse" was to erase all "traces" of Diana from his memories and emotions. I think it was supposed to take 6 years to complete. In the first timeline the process had been already finalized as Athy was 9 when she first met Claude. Fragments of Diana's soul lingering would have been completely removed by that time by the curse.

In the 2nd timeline, Athy was 5 when she meets Claude for the first time and the curse not taken full formation yet - it still had one year to go.
    Diana's current state is an ethereal being stuck in a cosmic limbo within Claude's psyche/mana-stream (remember it was Mana that killed her originally by absorbing her lifeforce), that is a remnant fragment of her soul (the rest has already reincarnated elsewhere) lingering onto Claude/Athy since she only a figment of what she once was, she remains due to her lingering attachment and worries over athy and Claude.
    I think when she said she was ready to "pass on, and find peace" was the saddest part for me. Because she only met Athy for the sake of saying goodbye before she is gone forever.

That MC of that manhwa reminds me so much of Jeanette but more passive and dull. A dim mary-sue she is the opposite of the MC from Lady Baby - whom is charming, witty and very cunning.
    Yes I know she is suppose to be a child but her behavior for someone who was raised in an orphanage is VERY naive.

Nope. nowhere near close. She was his *first love but Diana was his true love.
    Keep in mind Claude was very young when he was betrothed to Penelope.
    She exploited his insecurities over how he was treated by the royal family, pretending to be on his side and that she cared for him when in reality she was plotting and scheming behind his back to "delay" their engagement.
    Penelope used Claude as a ladder to get close to his brother the crown prince and the official the heir to the throne and exploited both brothers. Claude who was desperate for some kind of affection from anyone - Penelope's betrayal truly hardened him that he became a hedonistic stoic. UNTIL he met (or to be specific was "given" by Sidonia) Diana who showed him genuine warmth and kindness.

Penelope also exploited Anastacius's resentment of his more talented brother by approaching him as "Claude's fianceé" she knew that he wouldn't miss a chance to one-up and humiliate his brother.

Finally, compare his reaction to Penelope betraying him to that when he heard the news Diana died.
    With Penelope laying in bed with his brother he was pissed but had a "fuck this shit, I am out" attitude and severed ties with the imperial family UNTIL his brother made the foolish move of attacking him.
    Whereas, with Diana when he heard she had pass, he massacred an entire palace sparing Athanasia ONLY because he had heard what Diana had named her.
    Also, at some point during the pregnancy when he realized how fatal Diana's pregnancy was he begged her (which was very out of character of him) to abort the child and choose him instead since he didn't want to lose her.

Even the passing thought of Diana caused Claude such pain and anguish that he had to resort to black magic as the "lesser evil" to keep his emotions in check after the Ruby Palace massacre. Whereas, for Penelope he keeps her *smashed portrait around to remind himself to never let anyone double-cross him as she did.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  10. saphhh

saphhh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (chapter 100)

everyone: *going crazy to cure claude*
    claude: i'll just watch all of you while flirting with diana

:blobjoy:

11. Akanksha Sharma

Akanksha Sharma New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aristes you can read ch 100 on manganato

i_am_here likes this.
  12. y7r8t76

y7r8t76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh ...I was reading the Korean pages to get more info, and they didn't really say whether he loved Penelope at one point but rather just said that he had some feelings/put his trust in her rather than stating he loved her. Idk like you could be right (most definitely Diana was his true love no argument there lol) but i feel like saying he loved Penelope enough to be the first love is a bit much and (aside from her being a crazy manipulative bitch) is hard to state or too miscellaneous given the context with all the vulnerability she took advantage of over him and the gaslighting. They were engaged politically and I'm sure he cared for her but after some research, i feel like it was in a crush/friendly type of way or more so puppy love that was an attraction but not Claude feeling actual love for her. With the betrayal of his bro who seemed to love when he was younger and his fiance tho, this combo attack defs killed any affection he had. First love is still a love regardless that should be described as treasurable (i feel like usually love is a word that should be dsecirbed in a situation with mutual affection but thats just me) but not a crush or a fleeting attraction which i felt he had for penelope IDK i consider love a big word lol

but for sure, Diana was his first romantic relationship where his love for her could not compare to any attraction he ever had for anybody; it was enough that he willingly and openly wanted to spend the rest of his life with this woman. That political engagement he had with jeanette was most defintely NOT a relationship, just poor Claude getting taken advantage of and emotionally manipulated to think someone cared for him.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  13. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I already did. And damnable onion ninjas were there...

14. Xiao_oaiX

Xiao_oaiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it needs to be said... after Athy whoops his ass back into the proper dimension Claude better be begging on his knees in atonement for being such a terrible father to Athy... (in the beginning). Hopefully after reuniting, Diana chewed him out EXTENSIVELY for not loving her from the get go...

I WANNA SEE APOLOGETIC CLAUDE BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS FOR HAVING THE COMPLETELY INSANE RESPONSE OF ABANDONING HIS DAUGHTER AND THE PERSON HIS ONE TRUE LOVE WILLINGLY SACRIFICED HER LIFE FOR!!!!!

Then we can all get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

15. dhruhi_111

dhruhi_111 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same even i want him to ask her for forgiveness. He was such a jerk to her. Hmph
    Anyways in chapter 100 of manhwa, it’s shown Claude was happy when he heard Diana is preggers with Athy. Wish they 3 lived as a whole happy family

16. YoO Na

YoO Na Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys...can someone please spoile me on how athy will come to know that she is the ogAthy.. according to the manhwa, she still thinks that she is reincarnated right? But I feel like if she knew that she is the og, well she still love her father the way she loves him now?
    Also will Claude know too? That he killed his beloved daughter before? How will he react?

17. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlikely. Since, I don't think Diana would have known either. In the other timeline she would of already been "erased" by the curse as it took 6 years to take formation and Athy met Claude at the age of 9 in that dimension.

I want a reset ending where Diana doesn't have to die. I don't even care about the love triangle romance of the story. The family element is more powerful to me. Athy could end up with neither ML for all I care if she can get her mommy back.

Meizey and Akira Ryuji like this.
  18. Srta.Heaven

Srta.Heaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read a few people saying that spoon will end wmmap this year due to her health problems... Anyone knows if this is true¿??

RikaHirai1125 likes this.
  19. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Source?
    Spoon cant end wmmap just on her end. There is an existing contract between her and the publisher. She can end her bit and let another artist takeover (which can be noticed because her art syle is distinctive) or put wmmap into indefinite hiatus so she can come.back to it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  20. Srta.Heaven

Srta.Heaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here
    Edit: i had to take down the screenshot, sorry! Here's the original post though: https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=jesia1122&logNo=222376822373&navType=tl

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021