Resolved I am looking for an MTL translator from KR-ENG (voluntary)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Mei_kishimoto, May 30, 2021.

1. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize for any spelling errors, English is not my mother tongue

hi I'm looking for a KR-ENG MTL translator (volunteer) (no pay)

I am a KR-ESP translator, however to have to arrive at an understandable translation, I first need to pass the novel into English, or failing that to KR-CH-ENG-ESP in this way.

Some time ago I loved a novel, I bought the raws, but the translation was kept in the future since I have more works to translate.

So I come to the aid of an MTL translator who can offer me his helping hand.

I am not from any scan, I am a freelance translator who uploads a page in Spanish.

So whoever likes and can, my chat is available.

the novel is called: take away your frien's fiance

synopsis:
    Rose Halen grew up to be a noble princess.

Cecilia, a friend, becomes her sister.

However, she took everything.

She was stripped of her official status.

And he chose to die on his own.

Not knowing what God's joke was.

Go back to the day that Cecilia became his sister.

When you open your eyes ... an opportunity you never expected to come.

─Cecilia, I'll remove your mask.

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    By MTL translator... do you mean you need a good MTL site or someone who translates using MTL (instead of just... knowing the language and being able to translate without MTL?) :hmm:

That sounds like a lot of translations in between...
    So are you a ENG-ESP translator then?

3. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean someone who translates using the MTL or KR-ENG

I am a KR-ESP translator, however I have to first pass the novel into English before turning it into Spanish since it is more understandable (in other words I do double translation)

If the novel is not understood, I tend to pass KR's novel into Chinese, then into English, and finally into Spanish.

I also retranslate from English to Spanish (when I have the permission of the English translator)

If I'm honest, it's easier to translate ENG-ESP

4. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
    could you link to the raws?

5. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sheng Ling likes this.
  6. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
    This was papago-translates and edited so anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Rose Halen grew up being a noble princess. One day, when her friend Cecilia becomes a beloved sister, she loses everything to her and even becomes deprived of her status as a princess and chooses to die on her own.

But this is some kind of God's joke.

As on the day Cecilia becomes her sister, she opens her eyes, and thought to herself that was there's no chance left. Cecilia, I'll take/rip your mask off.

This was only for the synopsis. So for what you translated, it's about 80% right execpt for some minor errors like pronouns and confusion within who was being referred to in the text. If you'd like, here's my edited version of yours.

Rose Halen grew up as a noble princess.
    Cecilia, a friend, becomes her sister.
    However, she took everything.
    She was stripped of her official status.
    And eventually chose to die on her own.
    Not knowing what joke was being played by Heaven's god's.
    Time reversed back to the day that Cecilia became her sister.
    When she were to open her eyes... an opportunity she would never have expected to come arrived.
    ─Cecilia, I'll remove your mask.

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I... don't get it :blobawkward:

If you don't understand the KR, then you don't understand it. How would seeing it in English/Chinese (when we all know meaning being lost during translation is a real, actual thing) help you understand?

8. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    I think they meant that they understand KR enough to translate it directly to ESP but they prefer doing so from KR-EN-ESP. I assume English isn't their first language as they've mentioned they aren't native to it at the start of the thread. They aren't looking for someone to pick up the mentioned series but more so of recruiting someone who can help them understand the rough meaning of the text as they translate the stuff to ESP and upload to who knows where. Something like a TLC or a ED.

9. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please forgive my spelling mistakes in advance (I can read English, but not spell correctly, and sometimes I miss some sentences)

When I translate from the KR I do MTL through English first, since if I do MTL directly (with a translator) into Spanish, the novel loses more meaning.

I do not speak, nor am I in KR (I use a "papago" translator) for most (if not 100%) of my "translations"

When translating from KR to English the loss of meaning is less than when I translate directly into Spanish. (when I mention the word translate I am referring to the use of translators)

10. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I think I get it, your wanting KR to ENG because by MTL-ing from KR to ESP you loose too much translation accuracy/meaning than you would from a KR to ENG MTL.
    Since ENG isn't your first language you need someone else who knows english well to MTL the translation and edit so it makes as much sense as possible for you to be able to make a good translation into ESP.

Sheng Ling likes this.
  11. Mei_kishimoto

Mei_kishimoto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is right!!

However, I don't have much to say, that's why I mentioned (volunteer)

I can only offer, some raws, my love, and obviously the right of the translation and do with it what you want (either share or upload on a page)