Question Archean Eon Art Completed (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Viola, May 31, 2021.

?

How much did you like the novel.

1. Masterpiece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just Good

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sub-Par

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Bad/Dropped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The end ruined it.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So the latest IET novel is completely translated. I really enjoyed it but I have to say how disappointed I am that it ended where it did. Not so much the way it did but it left alot on the table. By alot I mean a 12 course untouched meal................

So I suppose my question is I anyone happens to know from perhaps forums overseas or author announcements but.... is there a second book coming? A sequel? A duology tie in reminiscent of his other works. Anything.... literally anything.

Desolate Era ended leaving stuff on the table but it did so far differently, the stuff it left on the table was only shown at the end... as in last chapter. So it was just setting the tone for the end of the novel... but here we have thing that were introduced volumes before that were plot points and now they are to never be pursued in this book? I can only say I am disappointed in the choice to end it here because that's the only real negative of the novel for me... but I gotta say it leaves a real bad taste. Real Bad.

Did the Author do this instead of dropping, always planned it this way or what. Any insight anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to comment what you thought of the story in General and the end if anyone wants.

2. james00001

james00001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there fellow doist I know it's unrelated but how does one make a forum (I am a noobie)
    To go back to archean let's be honest the ending was completely. I mean we only found out name of the eternal master (azure volcano) at the last chapter, We still haven't met him.
    Also the wife reincarnation? What did she do in the story since she was reborn? I eat tomatoes always and always reincarnates or give the family a happy reunion only for them to be discarded.
    What happened to the disciples he got from that 5th tribulation dead guys world there was 2...

I think since the MC left his world the story had no suspense, A main reason I liked was no useless young masters coming from everywhere. The entire tribulation lv.1-4 was practically skipped over.

I love the concept of the story and how his power is tied to painting but the author just self collapsed

3. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to have 10 posts I believe before you can create you own threads.... or perhaps that's links....
    Should be up on forum rules if you read through it. They are stickied at the top of the forum page.

The wife reincarnation? What? She never died. She was close but she used a mystic technique to enter slumber and extend her life. Then when she awoke Meng Chaun was able to boost her lifespan and then he won the war and she has lived in utter peace. It is just now Meng Chuan can turn her into a deity of his World and give her an essentially unending lifespan. Though even that has issues but she will live longer than 7th Tribs.

And so much left. What about dragon ancestor and his Universe he was going to give to Meng Chuan.
    What about the Eternals, Azure Volcanoe and the other one that was hinted at. His disciples. The eternal weapon. Family.
    The interaction with 8th tribs that were so hinted at and slowly being explored to now be cut off. Him visiting the eternal. The universe he was set to explore with crimson peace. So much other small shit and just the general flow of the story being halted here abruptly when I had no idea the end was here until I saw it in the title. There was no build up to the end of the story. To the end of the volume for sure, but the story... nah.

Like I'm wondering her if IET is pulling a MARS or something.
    You know. The end did ruin it. Unless I find out there is another story coming out to tie up everything.... ruined.

It really seems like IET just gave up.

james00001 likes this.
  4. james00001

james00001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep you are right, I just wrote it of as reincarnation, as she went to slumber I understood it as death.
    It feels weird beacuase if he had plans to rush it or end it as he did. Why would he hint about dragon ancestor opening him a universe and even in final chapter we see the 8th tribu guy who woke up and said Furthermore, he has some affinity with our Eternal Tower.
    for your Information I didn't know it was the end as I didn't check chapter's title till I finished it.......

5. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what makes it so strange. So much was hinted at. It didn't at all feel like it was ending and then BOOM!

It's the first thing I saw and it gave a a pit at the bottom of my stomach. I had to convince myself it was a mistake and they missed saying end of volume just to start reading it and not skip to the end.

6. ebookmaniac

ebookmaniac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because MC is now eight tribulation, he can upgrade his homeworld into high world. the wife and the people who died in war (MC can pluck them in past and bring them to the present) can become deity and enjoy the life for eternity.

I think IET has no more energy and idea to write a book. Too many loose end in the story.

7. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like he was in a rush to begin his new book so he ended it out of nowhere. It’s extremely sad that this happened because I was enjoying this series.

Viola likes this.
  8. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he missed the right spot to end the book. It had been floundering for a long while. After the central premise of defending his home world was done the book went downhill quickly. If he ended the book soon after the final secret ambush that secured the world it would have been a much stronger book. The chapters after that had no overall plot goal, no tension and low interest.

He could perhaps have set up the half 8:th tier as the new enemy but he was just a greedy person taking low risks.

Overall the fortifications of factions were too strong to allow for interesting developments.

Viola likes this.
  9. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love IET's style, it's always monogamy, a character with extreme willpower and talent, so I already knew that if he followed the same style I would like the novel. I liked it, it's not perfect, but it's very good, a lot of time training and commenting on laws, little real action, but I liked it, what annoys me and what a lot of people don't comment is that this is the SECOND time he does it, what I find an extreme lack of respect for his readers, Seeking the Sword Flying had the same ending style.

Disappointing.

Viola and Arcelia like this.
  10. Arcelia

Arcelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so pissed at the ending of Seeking the Flying Sword Path that I wanted to wait till this was finished before starting it. Now I'm not even sure if I want to start it...

Viola and Wakashii like this.
  11. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest starting it and ending when it hits a good ending point. He did have a point where 2-3 chapters of epilogue would have made a good ending. Then it just continued until it fizzled out.

Arcelia likes this.