Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, I do feel that he was placed there to distract Rod from Van, but I am not sure they were the ones who did it.
    I think someone not seen yet manipulated Rodiot into the whole situation as a way to get some level of revenge against Rodiot for being well Rodiot. Probably working to well. Or even to create a distraction so they could swipe worlds from Rod's circle without him noticing being to busy dealing with the issues Van causes. (His circle has so many other simplest solution used issues, that it would not surprise me if he can only get 1 error message at a time, so every time Van broke a soul they could swipe a world and Rod not get a warning)

hillo315 likes this.
  2. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No no, you have to take into account space and time manipulation magic. I'm not saying the Ricklet & Zaruwarn we are introduced to did this, as the story begins, but that it's possible that in a future alternative timeline they could have. If so, when they would have sent the doppelganger back in time & space, they most likely would have also attempted to send messages into the past about the return of Zakkart. And that would be why Vida knew of Zakkart's return two hundred years before his death as Amamiya. Again, unless I'm mistaken, Vida learned of Zakkart's return from them. And as you've pointed out, the Ricklet & Zaruwarn we know from the story were still asleep.

hillo315 and proton51097 like this.
  3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    If I get cancer, you are the culprit.

Just no. The reason they are similar is for mere convenience of the narrative, nothing else.

Just like the one guy that chose to not reincarnate had the sole purpose as being the scapegoat for the Amemiyas to believe that Amamiya was the one guy that did not reincarnate. That's all.

It would be easier to suggest that Amemiya ended up with a similar look to Amamiya because of the cheats and destinies, that this whole doppelganger bullshit hypothesis.

Do remember that this is just a fictional story wrote up from the head of a writer, he had no such grand purpose besides forming up the basics of the misunderstandings.

Of course, the story did change since then thanks to fans suggestions and feedback: Luciliano was a throw off character that reappeared because of fans' suggestions, the guy mentioned together with Heinz and Gordan's names by Curatos near the start of the story, but he had converted to Vida somehow, was supposed to appear, but was forgotten. Kanako's group wasn't supposed to betray Murakami, and would remain generic villains, and Heinz wasn't supposed to be alive by the second half of the story.

But this suggestion is just bullshit.

You are wrong, by the time the story started, both were already awake, just like Peria was.

They did not conveniently woke up "200 years ago", they had already done that thousands of years in the past (I think for the 2 it was mentioned about 50K years? I now that for the 3, it was over 10K though). But while Peria decided to wait together with her Main Subordinate Goddess, the other 2 had no such support, and couldn't do much besides checking on the world and Alda's actions while recovering.

Ricklent eventually looked into the future, and so the prophecy happened, where he warned Vida, Gafardgarn and Zantark, if not others too, like Lissana.

It's important to remember that the only reason Peria was being protected by Arc 12 was, just like Botin, because they understood that Van was going after them, and if Ricklent and Zuruwarn hadn't revealed themselves to Rodcorte, who would warn Alda later, it's possible that Alda would had sent forces to their places, finding out they weren't there anymore. This means that for tens of thousands of years, these gods had either minimum protection or none at all, but since there was no risk against them, there was no reason to do such besides the god's subordinate wanting to do it, like in Peria's case.

Ricklent does not have the power to change the past, as that would require just too much power even for minute changes. Let's not even consider them adding souls into Rod's system and somehow sending it into another world.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Story is pretty much over, adding this entire other subplot (and possibly another third party/antagonist) this late in the story doesn't make sense.

I would ask myself this: why wouldn't this doppleganger plot not have been revealed at this point, especially when rodcorte is already dead? Why would the author hold back this information? Are Van and Amamiya supposed to conflict over this? If they're not, what purpose does this reveal serve? If they are, what would it matter, Van is a literal god on Amamiya's planet, whatever conflict they could have is moot.

I joked about it earlier but I think this is an extension of the "first girl" syndrome that has caused some readers to project onto this out of left field conspiracy. Van either has to get Naruse or triumph over Amamiya in some concrete way, and the doppleganger hypothesis is a way for some kind of final conflict to be instigated between them, instead of them both going on with their separate lives.

Amemiya HAS to have stolen what was Van's, even if not intentionally, and Van HAS to beat him, even though he gains nothing, instead of realizing that neither Naruse or Amamiya are important to the plot, and outside of Mei and maybe Hiroshi they probably will never come up again.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    hillo315 likes this.
  5. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you get cancer, I'll send ya a card.:blobcheeky:

hillo315 likes this.
  6. proton51097

proton51097 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was mentioned that the two woke up quite a while back around a little after bellwood's slumber that was how they were able to send prophecies in time.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:Hmmmm

hillo315 likes this.
  8. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that was 200 years ago, since then they went back to sleep.
    there are other problems as well:
    1. it was confirmed by other bravers that he was from a differend class, it was not olny vans class that was on that trip, there was at least a second one. So he was not just snuck in there on the opportunity but would have to be prepared a while back. And the one that did it would most likely be the sameone that told rod about reincarnating people with their memorys in underdevelopt worlds to speed up there development and that was supposedly a long time ago, long enough that rod does not remember who told him.
    2. the one that belived that there where only 100 were the bravers not rod. he just thought that a name was doubled on the list. he even said that he got the names mixed up.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me fix this: The boat wasn't carrying just one class, nor were they carrying only school students (In the first place, that wouldn't sum 100 people). Besides the teachers, like Murakami, Joseph and Derrick, there were more than one class: Van, Kanako, Narumi, Asagi and Hajime, for example, were from the same class, I believe Kanata was said to be from another. The only descriptions in that regard are usually "who was Van's classmate or not", so we don't have numbers for that.

There there were the crew that worked on the boat, like Mao (Noah), and I remember there was another character described as such... Was it Balor?

And even besides them, there were other random passengers. Amemiya was this, he was not a high school student, he was kicked out from home and was moving to his uncle's place for work. This all was described during Kanata's first appearance.

Amemiya and Amamiya were 2 completely unrelated people, with completely different names (they just sounded similarly, thanks Japanese), completely different history and even age.

And the plot is flimsy like that. Can't believe me?

Think about it, some boat is suddenly attacked by Terrorists...
    - How could the ship turn over? Was there some huge storm, and the terrorists decided to attack even in such dangerous situation? Were the terrorists trying to capture the ship to ram it at some port 9/11 style to cause great financial loss to the evil country of Japan? did the captain or someone else try to turn over the ship too fast leading to it flopping around? Did they hit some iceberg? Ships are not made to turn over by themselves.
    - Why would some random ship be attacked by Terrorists? It would be something else if there was some politician, or maybe it was doing something like fishing whales and then it was attacked by terrorists from the Greenpeace Organization. But considering the risks above, wouldn't they try to at least have control of the ship so that it wouldn't crash or turn over because of a storm or just it turning too fast? These terrorists seem too incompetent.
    - Why would someone not want to reincarnate when that clearly means "I'm gonna die when I just got another chance at a better life"? Sure there are people with sad lives and so on, but the god is saying he would give them cheats and stuff, was this person, maybe, from some religion that couldn't accept the existence of other Gods even when right in front of them?
    - Why would someone conveniently have similar name to the protagonist right in that place, with that timing, with all these illogical and super rare variables happening at the same time?

One could say that Amamiya was just that unlucky, although supposedly, the worst luck in the multi universe started from Origin.

Another can just see that the plot was just a bunch of random variables pieced together to create the necessary base of the plot, with little to no thought on why all that happened, and this one is likely the truth.

------------

In the end, the last chapter fulfilled Amemiya's role in the plot: He is not an enemy, just someone that made mistakes trying to do what was right, his motivation was just, the execution however was faulty, but he couldn't see what he couldn't see, and he was betrayed by people he trusted, so in that final chapter, he resolved everything in Origin, from revealing the truth and his own mistakes, to actually helping Van directly by directing prayers from Origin to Van. Anything else is just extra now.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was Van not already being worshipped in Lambda at that time as well? He definitely helped in his own way but it feels like it wasn't even necessary at that point, he had already won his fight with Heinz before gaining an unseal-able soul due to prayers from Vida faithful.

hillo315 likes this.
  11. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    He was worshiped by a minority, and yes, it was the most famous latest and growing religion in Origin that nobody could ignore, but it's not like everyone is guided, the number of guided people was still a minority. As examples, besides the Amemiyas, Derrick for example wasn't guided, and there were many even in the new US government who weren't, like the secretary or something, who was appointed during the Coup, after the fall of the Vice President. For an IRL example, you can compare them with the jews, who are fewer in number compared to other religions, but they are still influential.

Amemiya's revelations caused the population in Origin to act, to offer their sincere prayers for Van's well being at that moment, they prayed for him to actively defeat his enemy, not just some passive worshipping, and the amount of prayers at that exact moment boosted Van's own essence, which caused Van's divine essence to get closer to Origin, thus nullifying the Pile of Law.

And Van winning? Certainly he had trump cards to use, but Heinz, summed with Alda and Bellwood were still dangerous, and Van was slowly losing parts of his own soul, if not for the prayers, it's not just the battle against Heinz, he himself having Guduranis essence was annoying to him, and these were all dealt by that.

Could he have dealt with them in another way? Most likely, although how much destruction that could have caused to their surroundings was unknown, but Heinz would have died one way or another, Bellwood could have escaped maybe, or just stay there to die, but Alda would also have to die, since Van would face too much danger to encroach him like he did as a God of Origin. In the end, for the narrative, Amemiya closing the problems in Origin were likely on the list to do from the start and recognizing his own mistakes was something Densuke certainly wanted from the start.

Just don't take out Amemiya's credit just because you dislike the guy. That's ugly.

hillo315 likes this.
  12. dio

dio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amemiya is the one that took van's place for the 100 cheats, right?
    If so, without him there would be no story as rod would've touched van soul to give the cheat and see that he was the patched up soul.
    (Did I get that right? I need to read again the story but I'm waiting for it to end...)

hillo315 likes this.
  13. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, dude, you are assuming a lot. I just don't think Amemiya played that big of a role in the finale. Even you would agree that at the climax it would have been by what degree Van won if nothing happened on Origin, or at the very least he had leeway in the fight that didn't hinge on a Deus ex like the power of friendship prayer to turn the tables. I almost wish that was the case in fact, the final fight was pretty boring and could have used some stakes.

For the record, I don't hold grudges against fictional characters, lol. I even defend Amemiya in these threads against the weird obsession with him being punished for "stealing" from Van.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    hillo315 likes this.
  14. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    This topic already end, you know. No matter how much we think, Van is too prepared

hillo315 likes this.
  16. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ???, Not sure why you're telling me this. I never said he wasn't, Just that it made for a boring fight.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let has a better summary on main cast: After someone ask something. :p
    * Heinz *
    - He had been brainwashed by his own belief in justice He blamed himself after learnt Van's progress, But chose to cast this thought aside (Same as Alda whom no one no longer want to warn him)
    - Technically bacame someone who He hates the most, No longer question his action but blindly destroy anything He doesn't know and never want to talk with (Bellwood did his job Perfectly)
    - In the End, Sent all his friend to their death. (He could contract Van and made amend, Even It mean to fail but better to reduce the damage)
    * Amemiya and Narumi *
    - First, All Bravers are the victims in the story, Amemiya has reponsibility as a Leader while Narumi is a misconception character who mislead our prospective toward her husband.
    - Amemiya is a good guy who look likes Heinz but they're idea are differ. (Amemiya try to make amend for his past life as a neet and try to reduce the Chaos in the world of Origin as his duty.... Our Heinz wanted to be a hero and keep his justice but refused to look in reality which lead to his downfall)
    - Here a thing, Amemiya made the Same mistake by trust too much on other Reincarnates and completely trust in their CHEAT. (We knew Lapiz-demon, Inspector, Oracle have major flaw in their ability but never knew there fatal flaw until death)
    - Narumi made readers hated Amemiya, Even the latter never did anything wrong in the first place. (Van said.... Everything are Rodcorte's fault...... And as it should be)........ If We throw away prejudice, Amemiya was a typical protagonist who made mistaked after his friend betrayed him.
    **** Here bonus....
    Our Rokudou...
    - He was the Same as Van but they're thought processing was different.
    - Rokudou wanted to be a special one and his ideal gone astray. (He couldn't accept in his inferior that why He wanted death magic.)
    - Van wanted to bend in other that stand out but his 'physically and mentally' and other people around him try to make him stand out.
    - Rokudou has a worldly desires which turn to unworldy (I want to be a special turn to godly complex, Densuke told us If Rokudou and Amemiya place were swap. He will never gone astray)
    - Van has Super worldly desires toward all luxuries and became unworldy. (By Luciliano report)

hillo315 and Korleone like this.
  18. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some question which I want Densuke to answer in the after story.
    - Rodcorte: Is he the one who created the circle of soul? From his action until now, Liked someone who didn't create the system but the neet administers instead of the creator.
    Why he fears his existence extinguished after someone interfere with his system, Why he just create a new one instead [I have a theory: Rodcorte wasn't a creator but the system automatically created him as administer to repair the damage, that' why his instinct protected himself as all cost?]
    - Mei: Is she still remain only in two worlds? [Origin and Lamda] or she will travel across the world.
    Technically no terror can make her feel any fear (Mei always happy and curious with doesn't show any sight of any fear): Xenomorph(any alien), ghost, ancient evil are no match against her death charms [If fail, Eldritch war god want to know their location]
    - Aradia: The young Colossus still a child and never show her power: If the power to use the moon as the medium still has a secret to tell?

hillo315 likes this.
  19. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is implied that Rodtard was just born from the cycle after enough faith (aka souls) passed through it, and given he himself says he isn't the only reincarnation god, it can be assumed that another god created the cycle he is using. It is also implied that the cycle was supossed to be self sustainable and pretty much automatic, what with as far as we know Rod does fuck all in it besides 'administering'. IIRC it was also said that Rod wasn't always so callous about other people, but after years of doing the same work he went full "EFFICIENCY!", which may have cemented him even more as a reincarnation god, making him even more callous over people, kinda like how Alda went for just important enough Law God to believing his own hype after years of getting all the worship with him as 'leader of the gods'.

And hell yes do I want me some Magical Hell Girl ♡ Mei-Chan dimensional traveling adventures! Feat. Banda the Eldritch Babysitter.

hillo315 and hidefreek like this.
  20. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't seem to remember that, where was it?
    I remember Rods story as roughly like this:
    a loooooooooong time > Rod was born > a loooooooooong time > Lambda was created > a loong time > now
    i do remember him saying he is not the only god of reincanation.

hillo315 likes this.