Spoiler There’s No Such Thing As a Villainess Route? Not in My Book! | 悪役令嬢ルートがないなんて、誰が言ったの?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aksakov229, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a little frustrating, but I'm hoping that the LN version really fleshes that out. It would be good to see the following:

• Things told from the perspective of one or more controlled characters, so that we are shown how strong the control actually is over them. It could also lead to some funny interactions, if only one sided.
    • A chapter or two told from the perspective of the "heroine" to see how she justifies her actions. This could really help give some depth to her character and make it more satisfying for her to get her comeuppance. OR it could help the audience feel better about her getting a weaker sauce punishment if she were made more sympathetic.
    • For the game to be ultimately "won" by the ML breaking the game's control over him, rather than because because he proposed in a way that satisfies the game mechanics. OR for the FL to just destroy the flowerbed entirely as the resolution.
    • For there to be some sort of background reason for the game mechanics to be in place, like it's the heroine's superpower or something like that.

2. tytytyty

tytytyty New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I want the MC to seek assistance from outside sources. Using black magic, forbidden magic, unknown magic or simply getting the hell out of the school.
    All in order to send help requests to people unaffected by the game mechanics.
    Potential helpers:
    - People who are not in the game's plot or just background characters
    - You have the main religion that worships the Freesia goddess. Why don't we just have another religion or even a cult?
    - The world is affected by the game's rules. Then people from other worlds aren't. MC somehow got reincarnated which means at least a link between different worlds can be created. Have the Freesia goddess fight another deity from another world. Hell, their presence alone might cause effects on the world.

3. Diaryy

Diaryy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story have a good background, about game and flower, but the "frustrating" event is pass so quickly. I wanna see her desperate about her situation, and more conflict. Thank you for translation.

beazacha likes this.
  4. Snacks and a Novel

Snacks and a Novel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They made it into a manga. I've read up until chapter 7. It seemed good so far, but after reading this form, I think I might drop it. I came here for some spoilers and got more than i was expecting.:blobsleepless:

I can't stand the way those guys behaved:blob_catflip:. Alice is a complete scam artist. Even the pen thing was super suspicious.

Is the original novel really only 24 chapters? The story was deleted by the author on ncode, so I can't mtl :blob_pout:. But, I can't believe the story will end with a silly concert.:confusedcatblob: Too many loose ends and very little rational explanations .

5. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be interesting to see the whole system thing more heavy on it; make the Prince cry in panic while he's ending the engagement, make the targets physically unable to leave when Alicia goes play the mini events, put a bit if a dark spin on it. Like the foundation is all there but the development is so shallow.

6. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped

AoMay likes this.
  7. yoshee

yoshee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, if a bunch of flowers planted in a flowerbed (from what I understood from the spoilers) pretty much determines who my man would like (willingly or unwillingly) then I honestly would never really feel at peace.
    In fact, I wouldn't be able to think that they're actual living people since those flowers are a constant reminder that I'm in a game and that they're bound to its rules and their roles. I don't really hate any of the guys anymore at this point but yeah if I was in mc's shoes I'd rather not associate myself with any of them further but rather just find and be with someone who isn't a capture target, it's not worth the struggle.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  8. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a disappointing odd story

bleedingliar24 and AoMay like this.
  9. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. I thought there was going to be more to it based on the title... Oh well. I hope the LN and manga are different.

Melita_H and Sea serin like this.
  10. Hiyami

Hiyami Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might I recommend "Beware the Villainess"? MC dumps the CP, kicks ass, saves the heroine, and gets her man in the end. Oh, and the ML and heroine adores MC which results in hilarious interactions. Her personal maid on the other hand...; money speaks.

11. Just For Spoilers

Just For Spoilers Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yona is the coolest and the richest maid of all time :blob_sunglasses:

12. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the whole flowerbed thing is so childish. I can just picture the MC and the bitch fighting over flowers "MINE!!!" "NO, MINE GIVE IT BACK". I get that the heroine, villainess, otome theme is by no means "mature" and is generally targeted towards younger girls but as an older person, I like it when the theme is cliché but what follows isn't. So many stories do this amazingly well like "The Viridescent Crown", "The Villainess is a Marionette", "Beware of the Villainess!", "The Way to Protect the Female Lead's Older Brother" and so many more....They are all built on the super cliché foundation of villainesses and transmigration into a novel but they bring something else to the table.

Stories like this one fail to do so. Is the flower thing supposed to be the "interesting" part? All the MLs have the personality of a cardboard cutout and the MC isn't great either. The heroine is the usual stupid girl who wants the world to revolve around her and just wants to be worshipped by a bunch of guys...Nothing excites me about this story at all

13. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naive and stupid FL, how can she forgive them, they were about to ruin her life.

14. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe since many korean novels & manhwas have good strong MC, this MC really look stupid to me. Japanese novels & mangas need to update. They need strong and independent MC who can pick a better ML. I'm the type who hold grudge for long time. How can she just act lovey-dovey to the person who hurt her? I'm so angry. I know the capture target was controlled by system, but don't they need to be slap or punch for once? Basicly the MC's position bcm so important. System or what, that's just an excuse. Don't want ro read this. Making me angry so much

lostross likes this.
  15. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gone back and looked at the reviews for the LN... and they're not good. A lot of complaining about the flower system, so I'm guessing that the author didn't improve that enough or change it at all since the reviews are so similar to our reactions. That's so disappointing, as there was so much potential with the whole story mechanic controlling the characters.
    I mean, they could have had him overcome the system. Or had the heroine "win", only for the system to then end.. and she then has to deal with the repercussions of brainwashing the CP. Or maybe have the heroine realize partway through that she's only hurting the character/person she claims to love and stop of her own volition. That last one would be very refreshing.

16. sclxil

sclxil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I was, on chap 2 in the manga thinking this would be worth while so I waited until they posted another chapter and it's on chap 9 now, everything is low-key messy and now I understand why .. too bad, the art was so good and the plot just has to ruin it

17. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently went to see how the reviews are on Amazon JP to see if there's any more information. It's now effectively confirmed that there are no substantial changes to the basic storyline. It also more or less confirms that while the manga is more appealing, there are no major changes that end as well.

For those who don't want to read all of the little mini bits, here's the condensed story:

FL is a Duke's daughter engaged to the Crown Prince. She regains memories of her life in Japan, namely that she's in an otome game and the villainess. The game's protagonist was a commoner type girl who is revealed to be the Goddess of Freesia. Love interest favorability is indicated by different color freesia in a somewhat hidden away flowerbed. FL and CP are in love, but neither are very open to the other about it.

Heroine shows up. She has also reincarnated and as per common tropes, is an awful person who is aiming for the harem ending. She is particularly enamored with the CP. FL quickly realizes that the game mechanics are forcing things to progress as they would in the game. She also finds that she can counteract the effects by planting black freesia, so she enlists a gardener's apprentice to find and plant them. This takes a while, during which the love interests unwillingly become enamored with the heroine. Success happens at the last moment, just as the condemnation scene begins to take place. CP and the others come to their senses. Heroine tries to claim she's the Goddess of Freesia, but can show no proof so she's mocked and shunned by the general public.

The story's unnecessary second half begins. FL and CP start deepening their relationship but are stalled when he and the others come back under the game mechanics. FL realizes the heroine discovered the flowerbed and is planting "her" colors to achieve her desired ends. FL tries to replant hers, launching a battle of wills as each try to rip out and replant their desired color. Realizing she only has time for one color, heroine chooses the CP's red freesia. CP comes across the two and gives FL one of "his" red freesias, proposing to her. This is the event signaling the game's end, so he and the others are released from the game mechanic's control. Everything is great again for CP and FL, who sing together at an end of the year party/festival. Heroine does not get any major punishment but her reputation is still ruined, so she has no chance of advancing socially in the slightest.

Really, any of the other details are unnecessary since nothing is explained. There's no rationale for the game mechanics and no one frees themselves of their own accord. The whole second part is also unnecessary and if they'd stopped halfway the story wouldn't be so bad. It's just that the second half is the same. damn. story. retold over again, just a little faster.

It's really frustrating since there is so much promise here. The reviews are honestly kind of refreshing to read. They all generally say the same thing: it started good, there's promise, then it goes into the second part and isn't fun anymore. Some mention how ridiculous the flowerbed battle is.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  18. Seles_tia_cyna

Seles_tia_cyna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fl deserves a better ml to be honest

bleedingliar24 and Trulycloudy like this.
  19. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike the ml. His the basic hero complex all for justice kinda guy who would abandon FL easily. And why was he so chummy with Alicia when he got so pissed when FL talks to another guy???

20. Ingra

Ingra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the manga, I can say the adaptation didn't get much better.
    But, since I'm a sucker for good art, I recommend reading the manga that's faster than the novel.
    The ML's are still sunfishes with zero to no expression of self, but like I said, sucker for good art.

chamchaworld likes this.