Discussion Do you like the obsessive yandere male lead stories?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by tlokhande, May 30, 2021.

?

If you get a chance, will you become the partner of yandere lead.

1. Yes.

29.5%
  2. No.

70.5%
  1. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...there are probably very few such.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's unhealthy and I probably wouldn't choose someone like that in real life because let's face it irl clingy people are those without much options. But I love that trope in novels.

And as many had said it's not so bad when it comes from a person with high specs. Looks, money, status etc.. or whatever

The appeal for me is to believe someone is crazy / addicted to the Fl and loves her unconditionally as she is the one for them.

Same as the concept of mates in werewolf stories. It's someone who has seen everyone but choose you only, they'll never leave and can't live without you.

And just for everyone's info. Studies wise Women are more jealous of Men in relationships. It's an instinct to stop men from endless polygamy which has been present since the ancient times. Kinda like a predator put to limit the amount of a certain species.

So I think in female targeted novels coming from china a patriarchal society, it's enjoyable to see the men being the ones who are jealous and insecure.

It's the reverse in male targeted novels. there isn't much jealousy as all girls agree to be part of the harem just slight bickering here and there. Which reflects the authors' mentality and desires.

As the saying goes it takes one to catch one. So this may be why there are so many male Yanderes in female targeted novels (because irl females are more Yanderish??)

tlokhande and elliejoy123 like this.
  3. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a fan of yandere leads, and never will. While being protective can be seen as a good quality, there exist certain lines that obsessive love just should not cross.

I will never enjoy a relationship that attempts to control almost every aspect of my life.

tlokhande likes this.
  4. HarukaNise

HarukaNise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truth be told I actually find yanderes hot if I meet one irl I'd probably peg him....

And before you guys start to judge... We've got different tastes my dudes no pointing fingers

My types are the guy that says I'm gonna lock you up and never let you see the light of day again, the stalkers, the one who'd kill to be with you or kill anyone with you the totally obsessed one who'll even jump off a cliff if I said so....
    Okay okay I'm weird. You guys don't have to say it. But hey! this doesn't mean I'm a masochist okay! I don't like getting my freedom taken away from me. I just love em yanderes who doesn't like their guys a little crazy anyway?

tlokhande and Fictionaddiction like this.
  5. elliejoy123

elliejoy123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. :notworthy: sorryyyyyy but i guess im still in the phase wherein im a sucker for those types :blobmelt: don't get me wrong I don't wanna apply them to real-life situations and people, they just stay in my imagination cause they aren't and will never be real. I also won't just eat up any novel that has those tropes. Idk why I can't stand (or i find it boring) when it's from those straight (very) typical Chinese 300 chapter long manhuas. But when given depth and some sense of plot? mmmmmmm i LOVEEE possessive, obsessive MLs LOL

6. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't like clingy people thats why we always had a fight with my ex and broke up. But ofc on Novel its fine if u have a male lead like that but don't be too much it makes me cringe.

7. elliejoy123

elliejoy123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    very well said! I agree.

8. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure being loved and all by a guy and them being interested in only you seems nice at first but then again not when they want to kill everyone around you. :blobsleepless: and toxic relationships that's devoid of trust is:blobjoy: fucking waste of time.

9. Dokja6116

Dokja6116 not suspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like BDSM, it's disgusting and at the same time, hot

tlokhande likes this.
  10. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Rec me some, please. But only BL.