Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Mysticant

Mysticant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everybody,

I am one of your typical NU lurkers. I have been reading novels pretty way back since baka tsuki days and have read quite a long list of JP, then KR (LMS/Ark), then CN novels (starting with coiling dragon like 7 years ago or something).

I am what I would like to call an indiscriminate reader. I read any and everything as long as they meet my threshold of interesting, so yes I do read some BL novels despite being a guy if their premise interests me like grandmaster of demonic cultivation, god level summoner (or BL TKA i would like to call it) for example. I have probably read past 1k different novels (past 50 chapters or to completion) and at least like skim at least 2-3k of them.

I probably have read most era-changing novels (at least i that is what i call them since they start a new slosh of writers who try to form variations in that genre like mushoku tensei, tateyuusha, NGNL, anything by IET/TJSS, SAO, LMS etc...). My primary aim for coming out of my hidden cave is to find more novels to read in this drought where I am facing where most novels do not provide me the "fresh breath" to continue reading further (yes, I am looking at all you copy novels or novels that go to 3k chapters).

My primary favorite genres ranked descending include (I know some examples overlap in my criteria but I guess it happens):
    1.Zombie/Alien Apocalypses (I can never find a zombie one I really like, but this always fascinates me)
    My Girlfriend is a zombie

2.World/Kingdom Building
    TWO
    Novel Extra

3.Leveling systems or any system in general
    TSG
    Legendary Mechanic

4.Multi-world travelling
    The Ultimate Evolution

5.MMO Gaming
    Rebirth of ""
    OSO
    LMS
    OG

6.Professional Gaming
    TKA
    god level summoner

7.Horror
    My House of Horrors
    Thriller Paradise

8. Chatgroups (or whatever platform)
    CCG

9. Xianxia
    Anything by IET, TJSS and such

10.Wuxia

11.Otoge/nov
    Bakarina

12.Other Isekai/Reincarnation/Returner (Too many novels for me to rate it highly anymore, anyways this is oversaturated)
    TateYuusha

13.Short stories
    Manuscript Screening Boy and Manuscript Submitting Girl

And many others, but well that will be all for my introduction. I hope to chat with everyone who shares my interests or other sections on the forums!

2. Asphyxia778

Asphyxia778 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello I'm asphyxia. You can call me Ash
    My hobbies include reading, listening to music and watching anime. I have been watching anime for over 10 yrs now so I'm a full weirdo otaku. I also make cringy anime edits on YouTube ----> https://youtube.com/channel/UCNzUyY-lXsZCOWugCryIs2Q
    Nowadays my time is mostly spent of webnovels and lightnovels
    I don't have a particular favorite genre but I enjoy mystery and shonen more.
    Current favorite reads are Omniscient reader viewpoint (cause fucking feels), Isekai tensei soudouki and Death mage. I tend to read many isekais.
    My first novel on NU was Arifureta.

(ps can someone tell me how to rate a novel while editing a review here on NU cause I forgot to add stars to a novel and now I can't find it while editing)

3. ItalianIsekai

ItalianIsekai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to this marvelous forum. Anything you need to ask to orientate yourself, we are here...

Asphyxia778 likes this.
  4. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there~
    My username is WordEater but you can call me anything you like. I sort of answer to a simple Sister/Sis as I use the She/Her pronoun. My hobby is playing games and reading fictions. In particular, I am most interested in historical, comedy, romance, political, fantasy, and paranormal. The worst thing you could ask me is what's my favorite because I have no idea. All the things I have read has already flown over my head. I guess I would just supply you with the answer I always give to others.

"Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief, it was the first book that successfully captured my attention. It was not easy for me to actually focus on reading long texts so I was kind of surprised it made me crave for the next book. And that next book led me to the next and the next and the next and here I am, expanding my range of interests for reading. That's why it's my favorite, it encouraged me to read and discover more worlds aside from our own."

Bad Storm likes this.
  5. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading rick riordan and getting hooked too. But more on Heroes of Olympus than Percy Jackson hahaha. I actually read that before percy...simple because i had the physical book.

Anyway, Welcome to NUF!

6. WordEater

Reading List:
    Link
    (Thank you.)
    ╰(*´︶`*)╯

Haha, probably a blessing. I read the first series but then when I moved to the next one I struggled fighting against just wanting to skip and flip on Nico's, Percy's and Annabeth's point of view since they're the ones I am more familiar with.

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I was, liking Jason's POV the most :blobrofl:

I never actually knew about percy jackson when i was reading the second series. It was a little confusing then.

8. WordEater

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, would probably be a little bit frustrating and confusing when the campers seemed cryptic about the missing hero as if it's a major part but it was Jason, Leo and Piper who were first featured. Meanwhile, the fandom was in a tiny chaos as old readers just wanted to get the first book of the second series over so we can get former main protagonist back.

(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’☆ Haha, Riordan's way of starting books is godsend. He wrote them as if the other series did not exist yet and introduced them again without making it seem redundant. You can read any without prior knowledge of the previous series but yeah, I can imagine why you were confused. :blobcheeky: We had the advantage of previous opportunity to get used to other's slow pacing introduction.

9. Asphyxia778

Asphyxia778 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I'm grateful for the help

10. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF

11. Escverylate

Escverylate New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to promote a clubhouse page here. I a newbie in novelupdates forum. If anyone has an idea. Please contact me.

I am a engineering student from india with nothing better to do at the momemt.

web-novel-readerswriters is the club name

12. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    What clubhouse?

13. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    ~ ~ *coughs* i'm a newcomer too! from US~! (terrible i know)

male, 18 and loves bl! yay~

nice to meet you~! *coughs* [leaves]

14. Yash Parmar

Yash Parmar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • hello there pls tell me the names or list of novels which are
    • Status in COO
    • 10000chapter+
    • eg :
    • almighty student novel

15. techmarryn

techmarryn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!

My name is TechMarryn.
    I like almost everything.
    My hobby is reading and coding.

16. Demoratics

Demoratics New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, guys!

I like sports, woodworking, and fishing.

17. Drmr 818

Drmr 818 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: DRMR818

Hobby: Reading manga to kill time

18. Existence963

Existence963 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I need 5 messages for personal DM?

19. Usil

Usil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name Usil
    Interest: novels and mangas
    Genre fantasy romance history time travel smut etc. Minus BL mecha yuri etc.
    Fav novel: Predatory Marriage,

So where to post? Can we post here?

20. Tripletwelve

Tripletwelve New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone I'm Tripletwelve
    Interest: Changed from manga to drama to light novels and web novels. I think as long as I find the story interesting I could get hooked good enough, no matter the genre.