Discussion Useful items (from modern age or this world) for Adventure?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by lupus-sensei, Apr 30, 2021.

1. lupus-sensei

lupus-sensei Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For people who read
    "Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaerareru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita"
    (I can always go home, so I started work as peddler in another world)

What items that you think can be useful for Adventure activities?

PS:
    - the item must be from this world and can be bought easily in shop or online shop
    - if possible please include the pic
    :)

[​IMG]

The first useful item for Adventure activities.....

2. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bottled water

lupus-sensei likes this.
  3. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want a metal pipe

Study and practical

4. Lynxfury

Lynxfury Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camp hammock, easy to get out of (sometimes too easy), but still more comfortable than leaning against a tree. Packs down really small.
    [​IMG]

Emergency blanket. lightweight, small package, can be a lifesaver after a sudden weather event or falling into cold water.
    [​IMG]

Also:
    *entertainment items for the downtime around the campfire, things like- a pack of cards, harmonicas, etc.
    *first aid kits
    *compass- assuming it works in the other world, will need testing.
    *Moisture wicking socks and other clothing with this tech.
    [​IMG]

ludagad and lupus-sensei like this.
  5. lupus-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!... that Emergency blanket is GOOD ONE.
    I never know this kind of thing exist!!

6. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    a gun ...

7. Kaz_dome

Kaz_dome Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. CasusBelli

CasusBelli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Notepad... paper can be used to help start fires if kindling is a little wet and used to take notes and map an area.
    Flare gun... because the light can signal for help or provide those unable to see in darkness with necessary light.
    Sports energy gel... that provides necessary vitamins and electrolytes while fighting beasts and monsters.
    Calorie Mate or other brand... necessary calories on the go.

lupus-sensei likes this.
  9. lupus-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Sport energy drink?!.... that's a good one.
    Should include some flu & cough medicine too....
    Japanese medicines so powerful that I always keep some stock for my family.

CasusBelli likes this.
  10. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read that novel but i'll assume it's your basic fantasy world with adventurers who already travel and have things like knives and tents and stuff so i pick unique things i don't see them having. Basically things i would take camping for comfort and survival.

1) lightweight portable food. things like pouches of instant soup that weight virtually nothing but provide a decent meal with plenty of calories and last forever. freeze dried survival food that's been dehydrated and you just add water and you have spaghetti and meat sauce or whatever would work great too. they might not be great normally but everything tastes better while camping right. Fantasy worlds don't usually focus on flavor of food so this would be a #1 seller i think. could also include beverages such as those powders you mix into water for electrolytes and flavor.

2) life straw. it's a survival tool that looks like a long thin plastic tube that filters water. it's about a foot long, weighs only 2 ounces, removes 99.9999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium, and filters 264 gallons of ewater (1000 liters) per filter. it has won multiple awards including 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas and 2005 Time Magazine best invention of the year. Not a Sponsor. would be less useful for water magic casters maybe but would be nice for when they are saving magic or can't use magic for whatever reason. for people who can't use magic it would be lifesaving.

3) Fishing poles and tackle. people in fantasy worlds use sticks with string most of the time so having a legit pole with different lures and hooks would make catching fish easier.

4) Fantasy books. every fantasy world has shit for stories so things like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones etc would instantly be popular and loved beyond belief. some parts of adventuring are boring (like riding on carriages) and having something to read helps.

5) binoculars or telescope of some kind that lets you ses really far away. helpful for scouting, no need to explain more.

that's a good start for now, i'll think of more later.

CasusBelli and lupus-sensei like this.
  11. powwder

Reading List:
    Link
    1) flashlights and various battery powered lanterns.....also batteries to power them. a helmet light would be cool too.

2) bars of soap. never have i read in an isekai about the new world having superior cleaning and hygiene products compared to earth so a simple bar of soap would be lifechanging to adventurers especially the female ones.

lupus-sensei and CasusBelli like this.
  12. CasusBelli

CasusBelli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only issue is magical healing and availability.

Yea, this is a thing to be sold.

lupus-sensei likes this.
  13. CookieC

CookieC Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Matches/lighter.
    2. Wet wipes (I imagine there's a lot of sticky situation in being adventurer)
    3. Personal hygiene pack (shampoo, soaps, etc.)
    4. Plastic bags (people always need bags! So why don't you bring the one that the most lightweight and durable :D)

lupus-sensei likes this.
  14. CasusBelli

CasusBelli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like the MC did.

lupus-sensei likes this.
  15. Lynxfury

Lynxfury Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it amused me greatly when the emergency blanket showed up as one of his next items after I posted.

Munimuyi, CasusBelli and lupus-sensei like this.
  16. powwder

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine in an Isekai, adventurers will have everything they need to camp. Since adventuring is a part of life they would already have things like fire starters, tents, sleeping bags, food (or a way to gather food) and whatever else you need to be able to camp outside successfully. a lot of things i listed previously and the items others suggested are great for comfort and making things easier but aren't "necessary" per say. Following this path of logic i have come up with the ultimate answer...

S'mores. what else is more comforting that making S'mores over a campfire. S'mores are the ultimate camping food and will win the hearts of men and women alike. As a city boy i hate camping. i don't hate being outside and i go on hikes and stuff and enjoy nature but thats only for a few hours then i'm back in civilization. the only thing that makes camping bearable is a nice S'more made over a campfire which cannot be reproduced in any other environment. Try to make a S'more at home? doesn't taste the same. Only by making it while camping does the greatness of the S'more appear. Thus, in an Isekai, i would bring S'mores for the comfort and the nostalgia.

Lynxfury likes this.
  17. mooie

mooie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, a deck of cards. With no guarantee of entertainment/company/phone service, you can always play cards as long as you have a flat surface.

18. RagefulShrimp

RagefulShrimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Condoms. I don't think you can buy them in middle ages.

19. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say a tank or an attack aircraft but this would be assuming that you’ll need to know how to operate them and keep ownership.

otherwise, a shovel and full body military armor. The shovel is such a good tool~

20. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Things like life straws , matches , heat blankets .