LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember that lambda have an group of automated gods(no conscious or will but look like they have imprinted their Creator playness into them) in charge of jobs(they also created them) and skills and they are the responsible of giving can the death attribute skill(made it for him)

It is implied that can only have death affinity because it attached itself from DK when the would where broken and forcefully United by dumbcorte ( like taking an piece from the floor and just gluing it and not cleanings, get dirty parts of dirt and no way to change it) and DK most likely brought it from his own world

Affinity is on the soul and believe or not rod can change those affinities if he knows of them, and what the man said above is true if you have affinity but no aptitude to magic/Mana manipulation your results will be subpart unless you "van" your way with pure brute force van need to use 1000 when others need 10 BUT he have like 1000000x more Mana so in % he do what others do with 10% of their pool with 0.001% there is where he is the most broken

2. Shaman Ray

Shaman Ray Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zamzukan does That make Van the origin of death magic, making him the god of the attribute just with out being granted the godly powers. Or maybe death magic was already a unknown and or rare attribute and van had just the right soul to manifest it as well as be able to grant the attribute to others buy overloading them with vast amounts of death attribute mana, like how May-chan was given the affinity before she was born when her mother was filled with the stuff.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  3. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging from what we know it already existed but was unobtainable. Then Rodcorte effed up and Van ended up with it.

4. Shaman Ray

Shaman Ray Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Feng Tian so what your saying is I'm right, and I'm aware of it. :)

5. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    By now I'd argue that he is a god with the linked powers. What can he do that other gods can't? His advantage is that he remains semi bound by his mortal shell, which means he is a god with all the advantages and none of the disadvantages. Beats me how the author plans to challenge Van at this point.

6. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death magic was an entirelly unknown/unexisting until the first Demon king invaded from an unknown dimension.
    And none of the other evil gods had it either, because then it would be possible for some evil-god-descended Vida races to obtain it and get a Death mage job.

So i assume it didn't exist neiter in Origin nor in Lambda before DK invasion. And also, that Van's magic is drastically if not entirely diffrent from the original demon king's magic. And yes he should be the leading authority/god regarding Death magic

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing that like anything else, it was just a matter of introducing it. The gods probably have access to all the elements, and only bring in the ones they are working with. So Death could have manifested on any of the worlds we've seen, but nobody was monitoring/teaching or restricting it. It's like a catch twenty-two, you need to understand Death attribute to use it, but you can't understand it unless you use it...and now here's Van with some powdered DK essence mixed into the glue of his soul, so he's technically used Death before....

8. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds similar to reincarnation circle, you need to be able to understand it in order to be able to build one.
    vida was able to understand it from looking at rods and dk, and van was able to understand it when vida explaind it to him while the rest was like "what are you talking about? I don't understand a thing."

9. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van didn't get Death Attribute because of the DK or anything like that. He got it because he has mana and was born with no inherent affinity for any attribute.

10. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't Rodtardte take his elemental affinities away? He sure likes goofing up big time.

11. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite. It was directly stated that when the DK killed the 4 creation heroes and broke their soul that some of his power rubbed off on the soul fragments. It was only a little and not enough to create a new demon king but afterwards when Rod clumped all the fragments together he made a far more powerful soul than normal.

Afterwards because Rodcortte is an idiot he didn't give Van any cheat powers before sending him to Origin including trying to imbude him with any elemental affinity. Since at this state the DK's power should have only been traces it MIGHT have been possible for Van to learn other elements.

Unfortunately Rod sent Van to Origin where they beleived EVERYONE was born with at least one element and that this didn't really change. As a result when Van was born without any known element they assumed he might have an known element. Their experiments drew out the remnant power of the DK and then their experiments over the years cultivated it's power within Van's soul.

That's how he got the death attribute and it's why the DK fragments eventually were made to recognize him as the main body. He has the origional DK's power but it's been cultivated within his own soul and made his own power at this point.

No he just naturally didn't have any. What Rod did was NOT give him any attributes which he did for some of the others. They might have been able to awaken some on their own as well but as part of the "reincarnation" package he threw in magical afffinity with it. That's why they're all magical genius's on at least some level even if some favor their cheat skills instead.

The way I think of it is kind of like this.

Death is fundementally the absense of life.

Life attribute magic existed in at least Lambda

So under normal circumstances death is nothing more than the absense of life kind of like how shadow is simly the absence of light.

But because of various circumstances Van gained the death attribute which essentially granted "existence" to death itself. That's why undead created by Van or charmed by Van retain their conciousness.

Normally undead are an abomination against nature as they exist despite no longer having the life attribute that allows life to exist or they cling to the remnants of the life attribute which is why they act like mindless husks of their former selves.

But Van's death attribute allows the dead to truelyy exist without the need of the life attribute. It completes their existence and thus they are able to exist as complete being even while dead. So because of Van death is no longer the end of life but the conversion of living with the life attribute to living with the death attribute.

This might not all be 100% right but I think it's along the right train of thought.

zerol1 and CountryMage like this.
  12. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TO make it all worse, when he saw Subject D-01 freaking out in a rage after being subjected to 20+ years of inhumane experiments, to which Roddy-boy said "just consider that training," and then being gunned down by his fellow students who he was expecting to save him instead, rather than Rod trying to redress his grievances in any way, slapped him with three curses that made his "blank space" even larger and then told him to go find a way to kill himself that he will be happy with, and then promising to "end his pain."

Vida's and Darcia's kindness is the only reason Lambda had any kind of reprieve from the creation of a berserk, mind-broken, murder-happy, soul-breaking lovecraftian horror on a rampage.

Then Hihiryushukaka and Alda momentarily shook hands by killing Van's father and driving Darcia into Evbejia where she would encounter Alda's "hero" and "saint" who are both responsible for three days of soul-scarring torture and murder by immolation, and then putting a bullseye on Van's head for the "crime" of being born...

Well so much for that, say goodbye to any prospects of a long and fruitful existence, "God of Joyful Life" and "God of Lies and Fakes."

Oh, "hero" A-1? Van hasn't even begun to retaliate yet.

13. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to the "retaliate arc" if there's any

14. Overlord2019

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's coming. And it's entirely self-inflicted on the steak-sauce's part.

Tarrian and animanaicT like this.
  15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't be a steak sauce, you only use a ketchup that thick to cover mediocre fries.

16. Overlord2019

Reading List:
    Link
    A-1 steak sauce is also a Heinz brand product. ;)

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, I'm saying you misidentified the Heinz product. He's too thick (headed) and tomato-ee to be an A-1 sauce.

18. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Alda like his divine steaks, and Heinz is all about making Alda's work better... ;)

19. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    divine sticks, not steaks, sticks. (potato sticks)

20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You make a compelling argument, Alda does care about raising the quality of steaks....