Discussion A moment in your life that feels like it would be in a novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by saribyu, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saribyu

saribyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This can be a heartwarming, cute, WTF moment, or anything else that feels like it should/would be in a novel!

For me, one time I was watching fireworks at a park. There were many people there and then it started raining. The forecast said it was going to rain so I only bought a light coat and no umbrella. When the fireworks appeared, I was in awe and started recording with my phone in one hand and my other hand was covering my eyes and phone. Then, I was under an umbrella with a guy. We shared that umbrella until the fireworks were over, and then I thanked him afterwards. I still remember it sometimes because it was pretty heartwarming :D

Share your experience!

aintg, Fulminata, Lissi and 6 others like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just the other day I unintentionally stepped on some ants, crushing them underfoot...

it was my xianxia lead moment! :blobhero:

aintg, IRandomGuy, Fulminata and 8 others like this.
  3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    [I'm just an ordinary guy, Why is my life like a novel?] - As I started walking down a street, I met a fortuneteller and was told that my life was like a story. I completely dismiss that thought as it sounds ridiculous. Unfortunately, I soon discover that the more novels I read, the more I discover that my life was actually a novel that came straight out of a notebook. A girl suddenly falling from the sky, a truck tried to hit me and a girl clicked her tongue, my dreams of meeting the eldrich gods who are bored and forced me to watch VTubers, my background came straight from a Drama novel, I have a rom-com in my highschool and a Comedic Slapstick in college. Not only that, my childhood days are basically a shounen action packed story that I'm actually starting to get scared that some authors had basically written their stories based on my life's story....

So anyways, I just lurk around at my home all day long such that no one can write my life again.

aintg and Fulminata like this.
  4. Mysticant

Mysticant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm there is plenty...from lucky perv situations, to close to isekai (okay not truck-kun but bus-chan), supposed teenage romcoms with me denying that my life will ever be dictated by a LN, how about some xianxias...er nope.

But hey, at least when I went to a sauna in a hotel spa in japan I was sitting in a room with like 5 other men. The guy to my left had tattoos like a yakuza, and the guy to my right was like a CEO-type guy with 6 packs. They were all talking about how their day and everything and I was like, "So when can I be the peanut gallery for a street fighter match". TL;DR Nothing happened.

Oh and Japanese sushi make sushi elsewhere taste like crap, I could feel the shokugeki feeling just bursting out of my chest when eating actual fresh toro in Japan.

5. saribyu

Reading List:
    Link
    omg, the last sentence made me laugh AHAHHA. When I read "shokugeki feeling" I burst out laughing. It makes me tempted to go to Japan and try so many food rn :)

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah tea.png
    feel old
    maple tea.jpg
    feel like a noble

yes those two just from sip tea~
    if you slap other face you may ascend lol

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the tragic childhood part down for a novel mc or villain full of child abuse being beaten degraded told it would have been better if I was t born by my own mother repeatedly also sexually abused bullied at school and considering what’s happening in China now my people are even being forced to work as slaves and killed

8. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    One day in my HS time i was lounging in the bed of school's infirmary, skipping the class and was trying to sleep :aww:. Suddenly, a girl barged into the room, along with her boyfriend and another boy. Turned out she was cheating. It was a full blown confrontation, complete with tears, i love yous, anger, and heartfelt plea.
    The thing is, the quarrel took place exactly beside the bed that i occupied. Never in my life that i tried so hard to fake my sleep like that:sweating_profusely:

saribyu and aintg like this.
  9. saribyu

Reading List:
    Link
    omg, that must have been interesting to listen to, but at the same time... terrifying if you made a noise and they caught you :sweating_profusely:

aintg likes this.
  10. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    What about a slice-of-life moment of a student getting depressed from all the pressure around them that makes them abandon their studies, even though they're in their senior years? The student doesn't only stop caring but also even take refuge in their grandmother's house, where she makes connections with some people online, who then can help them heal and get up again. It's not easy to get motivated right away, but with the support of their new friends, they start to open up to their family, slowly take one step at a time until they can get through everything, making more friends and learning more life lessons along the way. Then, on their graduation day, all of their family members are present, all smiling and congratulating them, and at the end of the day, they look back to the past few years and with a smile, saying to themself, "I have no regrets."

11. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember on my 18th birthday, I sat on the swing set at a park for a few hours. At the time, I was living near the sea and the swing set was on top of the hill overlooking the water. The wind was gentle, and the distant rippling waves glittered under the sun. The sea reflected the sky, I’d never seen the water quite so blue before that day. It felt like the end scene of a coming-of-age short film/ novel. Like, “finally, we’re free.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.