LCD Swallowed Star

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shio, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Xu Xin go comfort Luo Feng..... I am pregnant lol how very comforting

BlackBlade likes this.
  2. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else feel like Luo Feng should be there fighting alongside Thunder God and Hong? The fact that he's a spirit reader means he can attack from range, and that copper shard is the strongest weapon on the planet. At the very least he might get in a few lucky blows, just seems like a mistake for only Hong and TGod to be fighting alone.

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    The death flags are too strong for the MC to go there just for a few lucky hits.

I think the death of the beast will have something to do with the 50,000 year old corpse. It was named after the last volume but only mentioned like once. It is about time it is explained since it showed up around the same time as the space beast.

4. Darkbeowulf1337

Darkbeowulf1337 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hong and Thunder God wanted to leave someone talented like LF to protect Earth from becoming slaves.

5. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not stack the laser with the two strongest fighters? Might get to fire twice...

6. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut laser? the laser that has been destroyed or the one thatbhas been destroyed?

I'm still wishing for the golden beast to be luo feng's pet.

I am too disappointed on how the author used Babata. Come on!!! That's an AI that has emotion or an Ultimate AI for short but no he just made Babata a beingwho has a great knowledge with poor use of it. But maybe in the future it will change but for now im disappointed too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2016
  7. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, Babata is only used as a tool to explain things. I liked it when Luo Feng went out and made plans on his own. Now it's just "Babata, what is that?" "Babata, what is happening?" "Babata, help me. What do I do?" "Babata, build the super weapon for me faster!!!"

It really makes Luo Feng seem like a much weaker character because of his over reliance. If he made it like Doehring Cowart in CD I think he'd be more acceptable. Even though Linely relied on Doehrings guidance Luo Feng is delegating tasks to Babata and it leaves a bad taste after reading it.

8. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    The one that has been destroyed. Why send out 1robot instead of doing both attempts at once? Since there are only two chances use both at once.

9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    In retrospect that obviously would have been the best choice. But at the time they had more than enough reason (all knowing babata) to believe that the laser on its own would work and Hong and Thunder God wouldn't have had to risk their lives in any capacity.

Us as readers saw early on that the laser probably wouldn't have worked (way to easy a resolution) but they couldn't have known that. B6 laser was something of legends to them, can 1 hit Star Lvl 6 fighters so they had supreme confidence in it.

Besides, if they did both plans at once it'd have been to easy a resolution. Luo Feng wouldn't have to rise up to the occasion in some way (Like I assume he will have to). It may have been a illogical way to lengthen the period of danger they face from the Space Beast but in the end IET had to do it in some way I think. If the space beast died because of the toys Babata gave Luo Feng I'd be pretty dissapointed.

10. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    My reasoning was that the laser is more valuable than Hong and Thunder God. Thus protecting it seems logical. It does seem like plot armour that it exists at all so it not working out is good but their actual usage is a bit strange. If you have to have the MC kill it you could have the laser malfunction or miss the exact target and the fight we just had occur.

11. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plan must based on reliable information. Since Babata had more knowledge than LF, it's logical to let him make plan.

12. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    There were definitely better ways to get to the point were at now. I think some of the problem is Babata. He isn't just a guide to help Luo Feng get stronger he can absorb and build things. He as a guide can interact with the world too much. It was okay when he was repairing the ship but then he repaired a super laser. I think the laser shouldn't have been written in at all, it was never going to work and mixed up the fighting too much. Its use was just to increase the tension we felt for Earth but it felt cheap. And it added way too many reactioniary paragraphs. First when the A-Bomb failed IET went overboard in showing reactions and it felt like the laser part was a repeat. It told us like 5 different countries reaction and it just felt like bad filler.

If they used the OP laser wisely the beast would be dead. But it was written as them not being wise cause the weapon was just too strong. IMO. Just a poor element being added to the story. Which we caught.

Definitely logical I just feel he can interact with the world too much and it is taking away from Luo Feng being able to grow on his own.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  13. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminded me of generation ships. He makes it sound horrible when it is one of the few realistic ways to travel out of the solar system. The ship sounded decently big and with his store for food on top of that he can have a few families join them. I assume he can somehow store food even with the living limiter.

As for the actual content. Joining souls, is that a temporary or permanent boost? I assume the others that help him dies or at least loses a lot of power? If it is a permanent boost, can it be repeated?

14. Senior Brother

Senior Brother Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the romance development at the current translation?

15. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Love interest impregnated, not married yet. They have discussed it and it is just a matter of timing more than anything else.

16. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    So... knowing that possession of dead bodies (or something similar to increase your bodies innate potential by stealing from someone who has better potential) is possible and that Luo Fengs soul has left his body, does anyone else think it is possible for Luo Feng to have taken the Space Beasts body since he only used a spiritual attack and his soul left his body to attack the space beasts?

It's body may be a bit weak at the moment but perfectly intact. Since Luo Fengs soul is presumably in its body assuming it survived (which it did cause he's the MC) I think it would assimilate into the now owner less space beast body.

I know it is a stretch but I think it would be quite the cool twist.

I think the alternative is a copy of what happened to Linley in CD when he was in the Planar war. Same premise probably not same results though. ( different universe so different result but same type of process) and I don't think IET would repeat himself.

Here's to hoping for the adventures of Luo Feng the Space Beast!

17. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did

18. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. was Luo Feng taken out? I could see this story continuing from his twins POV, could make for an interesting twist. Or he gets reincarnated somewhere. Or that Swallowed Star comes into play (this hasn't been referenced yet has it?).

On reflection I think it would be really cool if the story took up from his kids POV. Growing up with your father being the strongest and having sacrificed himself for humanity, you inherit his potential and we kinda get to see the whole thing play out again. Babata returns as mentor to the two kids, Hong wakes up from his coma and becomes god father.

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it! I'm so happy. Thanks for the confirmation.

20. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    ... I am hoping for more difficulties to befall Luo Feng. Since... he is becoming... OP.