LCD Losing Money to Be a Tycoon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This would all probably much more exciting if I had any interest at all in LoL. As it is, its like listening to the play-by-play of a sport you've only vaguely heard about.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    My how things have changed. Nowadays, when a game publisher does something absolutely horrible, they just give a half-hearted non-apology and announce a new game or DLC to distract everyone before continuing on without really changing anything.

3. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't have to finish it - he only has to release it. Releasing a product with too few features is perfectly fine if you want to lose money.

As for text based adventures - you certainly can. Just hire a few thousand or tens of thousands people to write all the various subplots(I.e. each quest can have 30-50 different solutions to it.)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You're forgetting that he has to pass inspection from the official platform in order to release anything.

And you think that having that many different, fully fleshed out possible endings for every single quest won't attract people? Heck, I'd expect it to make it into the history books and be purchased en masse by schools as a teaching tool. Not to mention all the rabid completionists competing with each other to see who could find all the possible endings first, and all the streamers etc. that would be providing cloud clearance for a small fraction of the endings, thus encouraging their audiences to purchase the game themselves to see how many different endings they could find on their own. It becoming an international sensation is absolutely possible, though it wouldn't need it in order to turn a massive profit considering the population of China. Heck, the fact that its fully text based would actually lower the bar for entry by making it more of a choose-your-own-adventure book than a video game, which would attract a rather large demographic of people who like to read books but look down on games.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C859: It occurs to me that he could take Tengda public (assuming the system would allow that), and then invest in Tengda with his own money. That way, if Tengda prospered, he'd gain money through his dividends, and if it didn't, then he'd gain through the system.

Of course, this assumes that he'd be able to afford his own stocks, as I doubt the system would allow him to buy them below market value. It also assumes that the system would count his personally owned shares as being his, and not the company's.

I wonder why he gave up his original plan of using the carry over provision as an emergency option for when something went horribly wrong with a project and it couldn't be released on time (or shouldn't be, in the case of it looking too profitable). Its never really been explained that I can remember.

"Since it was not that popular anymore, he could start a new project and spend tens of millions more!" This seems a tad naive. New attractions are exactly what theme parks use to revitalize and maintain interest. Its not like the other investors are going to refrain from advertising the new attraction after all.

C860: I can absolutely see someone buying that mouse as a cat toy ;)

That aside, wouldn't that mouse have counted against him since it wasn't released prior to settlement? Shouldn't settlement have been delayed as a result? Or was it not intended to be released to the public, and thus didn't count?

C862: Wouldn't those triggers wear down quite fast? And wouldn't most cases interfere with using them?

6. javaniy

javaniy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smart Fitness Drying Rack :blobjoy:
    Boss Pei takes bullsh*tting to the next level :blobsweat_2:
    But after hearing their plan, even I want to buy it lol :sweating_profusely:

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C866: With such heavy handed censorship, I don't really want his platform to succeed, if only so that I won't have to listen to the author brag about how it led to the platform's success while praising extreme censorship as some sort of virtue.

C867: Seriously? A rich guy picking up some women in low cut tops and driving a bit fast is too risque for him? I want this platform to die horribly even more now.

8. raza10

raza10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry just want to share; this line in latest chapter just made my day. Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled. :blobrofl::blobrofl:
    The reason is also very simple. The head of Tenda's department is a high-risk occupation, and accidents happen at every turn. Either he was caught and suffered, or he was eliminated in the first place. In short, he may disappear out of thin air at any time

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C875: I'm betting Tengda's authors will have a field day with M&C's cliffhanger.

My, the author certainly does have a distorted and bigoted view of Westerners. He's looking at the views and actions of less than 1% of the people and assuming that the other 99%+ are exactly the same. It makes me wonder if his views on Chinese culture are just as distorted. It seems likely considering some of the other things in this series.

Honestly, the author's insistence on adding in his own political philosophies is kinda ruining the series for me.

C880: Someone should show Cui Ceng Invincible ;)

"It was just like asking a native Westerner to write a traditional Chinese martial arts story" Not really. Its closer to asking someone to write Kung-fu Panda.

10. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We finally get a grasp on the intentions of the system and its good. The system gave him two choices, both with a 50:1 ratio for either profit or loss. If he chooses profits he'll become the businessman people compare him to when they paint him in the good light due to the temptation of lots of money. If he chooses loss, then he'll be the same as now where he might not be making as much money as he would by chasing profits but the temptation to be greedier decreases significantly. Boss Pei then leaves Tengda do go on a spiritual learning adventure to live up to the image they have of him and to grow as a person. I honestly thought he was going to stay the same as he was up until his later years (like 50s to 60s) but I was greatly mistaken. Unlike other MCs who remain pretty much the same after dozens If not hundreds of years (even if they live way longer, they still act the same imo) depending on the novel, he changes in 4 years which I think accurately represents the most realistic time people are more likely to change. Between the start and end of college, I've seen lots of people change and I'm glad the MC is one of them since it's easier to imagine happening. He states a lot in the novel that he believes he is an ordinary person in an extraordinary position, so he's glad that he has the system to help so that he won't fall into the cycle of Greed for more material wealth and wants to change his train of thought to spend the way he has been but more so for the benefit of society then expanding his own personal wealth. Overall, really liked these last few chapters and we finally see him start to enjoy the personal wealth he does have but it's a lot different than what we thought he would do from the beginning where he'll spend it more for self improvement then fancy clothes and cars (the villa is probably going to be one of his places of residence so it's not too extravagant of purchase like Ferraris or Rolexes)