Discussion Is Surprise! The Supposed Talent Show Was Actually–?! worth reading?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by writtenforcup, Jun 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writtenforcup

writtenforcup i wanna fffff

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a lot of Bl novels I want to read, but ultimately I never get around to reading them because I'm unsure whether or not I would enjoy it. Surprise! The Supposed Talent Show Was Actually–?! is a novel I want to read, but it's more than 300 chapters and I'm not sure if I'll get bored if the plot gets dragged out for too long. So, what were your thoughts on Surprise! The Supposed Talent Show Was Actually–?! Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it? (no spoilers, please! I haven't read it yet~!)

Lissi likes this.
  2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~ I loved it! blobmelt_thumbs

writtenforcup likes this.
  3. Bowie

Bowie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooooooooo might read it, don't know if I have the time span LMFAO-

4. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I hated it. I didn't read too far since the relationship between MC and ML was disgusting. Once again a obsessive ML and sadistic inclinations, but I believe the description of the novel doesn't represent well what the novel is about, as you will quickly notice in the beginning of the "talent show"

Edit: somehow I'm not 100% sure this is the novel I was disgusted about, cause the beginning looks okay. But I definitely dropped this novel, which I rarely do.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    writtenforcup likes this.
  5. writtenforcup

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, okay. Thank you for telling me! The premise sounded nice but I had mixed feelings about it. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Dudduls likes this.
  6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: I wanted to know too, because I dropped it after a few chapters.

Wasn't even the fault of the story itself, but I went in expecting some unlimited flow horror talent show, like the kind in Supernatural Movie Actor App... which it wasn't. :blob_teary:

So I dropped it because of the gap between my expectations and the story being too big, but ehm I wonder if rereading it with the right idea in mind would be good blobmelt_thumbs

7. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got about 45 chapters in and it wasn’t bad, there were definitely times where I enjoyed it a lot, but I’m not really looking forward to continue reading it. I just got a little bored, and then once I put it down for a quick break I lost interest.

It’s a little unrealistic to read it all in one go... but you might like it! It has good reviews and it’s written fairly well blobmelt_thumbs

8. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read until chp17, there are some parts that I find interesting to read. Maybe I was reading other novels that it does not appeal to me to continue reading and kind of lose motivation. There are some good reviews too! Well, maybe, I will be continuing too!
    Hope that my comment did not stop u from reading!

The list that I've read completed: BL novels (Part 1)

9. writtenforcup

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

babybb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.