Full Chinese Poem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 283793, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Deleted member 283793

Deleted member 283793 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was reading a book, when the FMC used "But I have seen my husband, And how should I not rejoice?" to describe the feeling she felt whenever she saw the ML. This phrase is a part of a Chinese poem called 風雨 (Wind Rain) from the Book of Poetry (詩經). This is the chapter: Su Wan's Secret Love. A link is provided by the translator, but I can't seem to open it on any of my devices. Could any of you please direct me to the poem in Chinese and the translation? Thank you.

2. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    if you click the "credits" under the translator's note for the poem, that's the baidu post explaining the phrase along with a chinese translation. at the bottom of the baidu post has a reference link to the original work (which i assume is the full poem!) with more translations and explanations. all in Chinese of course, so you'll have to MTL still > <

i think the english translation is published in a book?
    poem title & writer name(?) in case you want to search it up: 郑风·风雨
    note: 風 is the traditional form of 风!they're the same word (feng aka wind), just one is older/traditional and the latter is simplified. in case you were wondering ◦`꒳´◦)۶

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  3. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Deleted member 283793

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!! First I didn't notice that there was a credits link, and next when I went so excited, I can't seem to open the links! which includes the other link you gave me. But thank you sm for the explanation regarding the traditional and simplified characters. I did a Google search using the characters you gave me and found so many queries with the poems (which I couldn't find with the traditional characters), including a whole YouTube video on it!! I am very grateful (and, embarrassingly, almost in tears) because I find Chinese literature very beautiful and fell in love with this poem, hehe.

Thank you very much!! This makes it so much easier to understand and learn. I know this might be a tad bit far fletched from my level, but I am learning Chinese so I am on the lookout for these beautiful poems.

judeiiro likes this.
  5. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    ooh, that's odd. usually baidu works in general (for me at least! don't have to log in or anything) but maybe it's blocked in your region? idk :hmm: you could try using a vpn to access baidu. it's a pretty useful search engine for Chinese topics!

I'm glad you found what you were looking for and more!! the simplified writing is more commonly used so it's easier looking up things with them instead ^^ have fun and enjoy your adventure through Chinese literature~ ٩(๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)

Deleted member 283793 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 283793

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems Baidu and other Chinese apps are indeed blocked in my country. Why did they have to distrupt my Chinese literature exploration process with their beef?:blobsob: I guess, now I should start using VPN.

I have just started to learn basic Simplified Hanzi, and I have still not reached the stage of recognizing between these character sets. So if I were to search "simplified version of *character*", would I get what I need? Or is there more to it?

Thank you very much, the adventure is very fulfilling(✿◠‿◠)

judeiiro likes this.
  7. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    that should work perfectly fine ^^ you could also use Google Translate! they have Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional) so you could set it to translate between them :D

some characters may not have different forms (aka they only have traditional or only have simplified like 大(da, big) is just 大) so don't be worried if you don't get any new results >w<

Deleted member 283793 likes this.
  8. Deleted member 283793

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great! Thank you for your in depth explanations.

judeiiro likes this.