Spoiler Love doesn't matter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HazyPrecise, Nov 29, 2020.

1. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All this secrecy is just stressing me out.
    Does he or does he not like her? I can't even imagine at which point in his life did he fall in love with her or at least got interested.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Ciddos and imreallyanarwhal like this.
  2. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he say in the novel that he fell in love at first sight? Just like she did. I think that was his second POV scene (the one after he got angry at that guy hitting on his fiancée).

I think he was always interested in her, but with a mother (and peers) like that, he learned to hide his interest in virtually everything.

3. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love at first sight is the biggest lie that I've ever heard. How do you love a person instantly? Without even knowing their personality and all.
    In Emilia's point of view, all that he is doing is just giving crumbs to a dog you'll eventually throw out on the streets. It's a herculean task to gain her trust again, assuming there was any to begin with

Herbie420, beazacha, Elren and 24 others like this.
  4. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You just said you wanted to know when he became interested in her. He literally said "love at first sight." Which is the same thing she said about him.

It's just a phrase. It doesn't mean "true love at first sight" it means "super favorable first impression," purely based on appearance. At no point did I say that they should get married because the other person is so Their Type, because I am not a five-year-old. :facepalm:

All I meant to say is that you naturally pay more attention to those you find attractive to look at. (He would likely be just as interested in observing her because she was different from the people around him.)

Why does he still want to marry her? Who knows, maybe because he feels entitled to the person promised to him for years, since he was interested in her and didn't actively hate her. Is it Actual True Love? Doubtful, because they never actually talked.

Kitsuna, ArkiV_10, Elren and 17 others like this.
  5. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he is the type of ML who is cold to her in order to protect her? (I don't mind it but it gives me so much angst seeing the FLs being treated with so much indifference)

6. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML giving the vibes of Cassin from The Evil Lady's Hero/ Villainess in Love. He loves her but is cold and indifferent but Cassin from The Evil Lady's Hero/ Villainess in Love admits his love for his Girlfriend and stops their break up every time and pretty much everyone knows about his girlfriend.

SkyLisette, lostross and twilight_123 like this.
  7. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, so far the chapter is i am shipping her with Natha, i havent know he is second ml or not but the guy is really carefree but also make things for fl with the straight attitude. I like that style of man, i dont really like the style like u protect her by insulting her even he alr bought the servant who is responsible to report their story to his mother, i believe the guy is smarter than his mother and has ability to make things different for FL and no verbal violent or insulting

8. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's love at first sight, this is his POV when they were young

'A girl who was frowning heavily looking at the music box on the ivory stand, thinking if she could touch it once.
    Her eyes, which were shining mischievously, quickly lost their light when she saw her fiancé suddenly appearing across the street.
    She bowed her knees and head slightly to greet him politely.
    However, there was only a cold indifference coming from her deep-blue eyes. Like a cheeky declaration to try it if you dare.
    Maybe it was a natural reaction. Didn’t everyone, including himself, treat her like floating dust since the first dinner party?
    Still, Hadius was displeased. He was dumbfounded.
    What does she want? Did she think he would welcome her?
    The child turned away, coldly, as if she had never been interested in the music box. It seemed like it was directed at him, so his mood got worse once again.
    At the same time, he realized it. Why he suddenly suggested a music box to the Chamberlain, who was worrying about what to put on the decorative table two days ago.
    Music boxes were one of the best luxury items among young noble ladies at that time. He thought it would be a perfect sight for a commoner child who is proud and has a high self-esteem.
    After a while, Hadius made a servant play the music box.
    Contrary to his expectations, a very sad tone came out of it. Thinking it was gloomy and ominous, he thought about ordering him to turn it off right away.
    But at that moment, emotions appeared again in the eyes of the child, which had been dead in an achromatic color.
    Is it sadness? Or is it sorrow? Maybe it’s hate or resentment. They had a mysterious, dark hue, and it seemed like she was facing Hadius.
    The sorrow pierced his heart and aroused a cruel satisfaction.
    Yes, he definitely enjoyed them.
    The eyes that cannot control the emptiness at every dinner party.

9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm stacking up chapters to read more in one go because currently each chapter gives me anxiety =) but from what I've seen so far I have an
    that ML's mother is not his birth mother and he's illegitimate son of the Duke, so this is why she's so focused on keeping all the power to herself
    I would appreciate any spoilers about the plot, but it seems like the novel is still ongoing.

10. AmyraRegan

AmyraRegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow!! What an irony it would be !! Then his status as nobleman won't be as high as it is in society, noblemen who admires him now would mock him for his birth. They might even try to take away everything from him as he has no right because of his birth. That mining tycoon daughter might not want to marry him...she will hate him...I wonder how he would feel. Will he remember how fl was getting mocked and hatred because of her commoner status?

Yes, how could he possibly love her? He feels satisfaction seeing her in sorrow. He let her become a laughing stock in front of the world while enjoying the show. How could anyone think that he loves her? He always tells her that he will break up, it always sounds very genuine. Whatever saving her by acting cold troupe he is following, it is all nuisance. I don't think wooing her would be easy, given how he have to protect himself from his mother, he will always be a trouble in her life.

11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different eras and countries had different attitude towards commoners and illegitimate children. From the description it’s close to the beginning of the 20th century where snobby noble attitude could have been easily overturned by any rich self-made merchant, especially in North America. And don’t forget that it’s a fantasy world, so there can be any rules that the author decided to use. Anyway I don’t think ML would have any problems if his alleged secret, which is totally my assumption and not a fact, was discovered. He has enough wealth and education to be a desired target for business and personal connections for anyone.

12. AmyraRegan

AmyraRegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that's why he will face more critisizm. Have you read Robert Thier's Storm and Silence series? You will know what I'm saying. Male protagonist of that series is one of the richest man who travelled all across the world to become what he is, one of the biggest powerhouse, but the old rotten noble society still mock him, as he didn't inherited that money, he worked hard to earn his money, even though born as a pure nobleman, he was looked down upon as he was doing something a man of lower class, i.e. merchant would do... stupid c*nts!! Lol
    The reason is very simple. Whenever there is a wave of changes in society, there will be always clash between new generation and old generation. Those who were reaping from the benefits of old customs would highly oppose new power, as it won't bring any favourable outcome to them. Ml in this story for sure will succeed, like how industrialists and capitalists took over the power from nobles, but his journey won't be very easy. He would be suppressed by every noble, they got his weak point, and they will definitely exploit it. And if the nobles are just like how real nobles were in that era, they will for sure mock him and demean him, and make his path difficult to succeed. I think that mother of his, and ml's ex fiancee's dad along with Emperor will make his life difficult, if they found out his planning to fail their schemes

13. manjitk

manjitk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML has a plan....he needs to amass enough power and wealth to execute his plans....thus the visit to acquire Trunia mines and than set conditions with the king...he was ‘infatuated’ with FL from day one but had to wait since he knows how evil his mother is.

14. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    So this has 9.8 as the ratings in naver.
    4 th side story published on feb 5 probably the story is over now can some one spoil :cry::cry: How’s the character development of each ? :blobmelt:
    So I read some comments on naver it seems they have a kid in the end .and they called Mitch a traitor (don’t know why) hadius mom is the villian

Can someone spoil please :aww::aww:

beazacha likes this.
  15. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Hadius is such a jerk acting all cold :blobangery: why can’t you just give a hint for Emilia about your plans?:facepalm: Can a kind soul spoilllll:aww::aww::aww:

16. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who read the latest chap(31) with a big grin:blobxd:omg I hope they continue to interact like this, hady is sooo cute :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Is there no one who read this ahead? Can someone spoil?

cloerofile likes this.
  17. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read chapter 32, ML and FL go to the bar, they drink and dance, then french kissed. But it feels anti climatic, we all know ML backstory, but what about Emilia, all those times she is being treated worse than pebble in the street (FL once said the noble who insulted her at least better than the ML and his family who treated her like she is invisible), sure the ML have a 'Good' intention, but doesn't mean his method won't hurt the FL in the process, he trampled on her pride not only just once or twice and forced the FL to accept his 'kindness' while ignoring her opinion, after signing the break up agreement, he even guilt-tripped her to go on date with him, not even a word of excuse or apology, for the FL to just forget 5 years of suffering and accept the kiss, I dunno what to feels.

JoshyM62, Raphe, datagirl and 21 others like this.
  18. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Well last chapter I wanted them to be together but again after this chap I want hady to suffer, how dare u leave my girl confused .omg I don’t know I think I’m having something like bipolar disorder thanks to this novel.any spoilers pals?

19. nunya

nunya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im rooting for this one and i need spoiler

20. cloerofile

cloerofile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for real spoiler :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: