Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i get half the harrassment she gets from the wmmap fandom I'd quit too and blame it on health problem

Well I wish her luck if she does. Shes the one who put wmmap on the map and I'm sure shell be sucsefull with her future work

ValReads, Creolenerd and Khloud2003 like this.
  2. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

What a pity. I hope she changes her mind at some point :/
    It's such a great series and she is an AMAZING artist.

More Diana Less Jeanette would be nice.

3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I thought it was one of those twitter rumors going around and I don't have time for them right now.

I guess by this announcement she already talked with the people concerned about this and they agreed with her. Since she is the author/artist of the story, health problems are common but I assume it affected her twofold rather than like a single author or artist. Pressure from the fandom can be really toxic and I don't blame her for using that as a reason or as an excuse. We really won't really know unless they announce anything anyway.

The only thing is that she already hinted that the story and art will be rushed which will irritate some people. I know some readers will complain about rush endings but that is really bordering on the entitlement side (IMVH0). At least, she gave a warning and people can give her more space and grace compared to others. People will complain anyway.

Cheers to her and hope she could have a little break for her health. I mean, taking WMMAP as a debut novel with art skill is tough. Writing nonstop is already draining for me and my colleagues. Add art and I could imagine how creatively and emotionally draining that can be. Her wrist pain and hand pain are worse than I am currently feeling. Even with ergonomic equipment and copypasta on a program is just torture.

4. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess they’ll just end it with Claude waking up and everything getting resolve.. Not developing athy and Lucas’s relationship and to continue it as ‘possible lovers in the future’ kind of troupe. That’s kinda sad.. then I hope someone can pick up the novel so we can get some juice on what actually happened

5. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    The webtoon and the novel have two different approaches from the start so the AthyXLuias moments in the webtoon are likely more minimal compared to the actual novels. This was the decision made by Spoon and the publishers. Also, if any translator is gonna pick up the novel, most likely they will be hit with a Cesist and desist /takedown/DMCA order due to copyright infringement. The webtoon made the novel popaulr and most likely, people will share an uno0ffiicla translation that will punish the non-official translator.

Mynmyn likes this.
  6. RikaHirai1125

RikaHirai1125 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

so this post was legit, i saw it too on twitter and tried to read Spoon's post on twitter. There are people who always commented and thank her for making the WMMAP this far, though it's sad that to know that she will rushed the ending due to her health problems. Hoping that she can fully recover and get some rest more. The main problem of all the authors and manhwa artist nowadays, health problems. keep safe everyone ♥

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  7. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to sleep on this manwha to then see this.
    The next chapters are gonna be such a funny ride indeed.

8. Schekeana

Schekeana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, can i ask where can i read the full chapters of wmmap novel? I've checked on novelupdates and on other sites but i can't seem to find chapters 30+ and above. The chapters also keep skipping in n.u and i'm confused where to read next ಢ‸ಢ

9. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link

I would have been better to put it on hiatus. Of course, the choice is only hers and she must do what is best for her.

I hope at some point we get to see side stories. There is no exact time frame for when those get released.
    Sometimes they get posted 1+ years after a manhwa has finished the "main" story.

10. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have a page that is translating it on spanish, they're on chapter 95 (they seem to be laying low this days but from what I know, they got permission to translate WMMAP)

In my eyes it was better to just end the manwha because apparently the koreans are p*ssed off at spoon (it seems that they hate her), and I honestly don't blame her, with all the hate she's getting I would also just end everything fast just to take the pressure off me.

In the case of extra chapters, I think that will also depend if spoon wants to do it and also if the koreans want to (and looking at everything, it seems like a big fat "no") read them, I don't know how popular is the manwha in korea tho.

11. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do they "hate" her? That's crazy. She's an amazing artist. Perhaps one of the best Manhwa artists out there. So many people have gotten inspiration from her work.

I admit I didn't like how she made more emphasis on Jeanette character than it was in the novel and dragged on this current arc focusing on Jeanette and Claude being "asleep" the whole time. So, I took a break from reading the manhwa. Now, what fans have been waiting for will be "rushed" due to Spoon's decision to quit.

Is there something else behind this "hate" she is getting?

12. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    Art doesn't count when you are critiquing a story, art critique and literary critique are two different things, if you let your judgement get clouded just for some pretty pictures you're not on the right track of things, and to the koreans, they've had enough.

Koreans have been mad at spoon since season 1 of the manwha, there are things she changed that they didn't like at all, some of them are:
    - Lucas and athys relationship
    - Lucas and Athys goodbye when he was going off to the world tree
    - Things that happened in the novel that weren't in the manwha at all or where changed
    - The scene where jennette stumbles into claude in one of athys tea parties (that didnt happen until athy was 17)

The thing that really ticked them off was the amnesia arc (and I don't blame them).
    And well, you say Jennette had "more emphasis" when in the novel Athy barely bothered with her in this arc, in the manwha it felt as if Jennette was a protagonist, and the koreans don't care about Jennette at all.

Well, Spoon technically destroyed the story and the characters in their eyes. She made the amnesia arc, the one who had the most powerful scene in the whole novel (their reconciliation) a big fat joke, she put Jennette (it even felt forceful) in nearly every single chapter, she made Athy a joke of a character, and, the big one: she made Lucas (the fan favorite) useless.

You could say with how everything was going, spoon was digging her own grave with the koreans.

13. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you keep saying korean hated Jeanette when she was really high in the popularity poll. That is legitimately wrong

Alot of your post seem to be justifying the hate and threats spoon got.

"She was digging her own grave". Geat so let's hate her and send her death threats cause she took time away from my husbandu

If anyone wants to know why spoon is quitting just look at this thread and some if the posts. Or go on her Twitter page and look at old posts. Then when you call soemone out on it they say its just criticism. More like Hate being disguised as criticism

Aslo spoon isnt even in charge of the manuscript. She has said this a million times but for some reason people want a scapegoat for there husbandu not being a mary sue

Im glad shes quitting. At last there's no worry of toxic fans burning down her house anytime soon cause she took out some Lucas scenes or added more scenes to flesh out characters

ValReads, seoktonin, Furiae19 and 4 others like this.
  14. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when am I justifying the koreans hate? It is true that criticisms can become hate, but it all starts with critiques (altho, with the koreans, they just jump to the hate train), but explaining WHY they are mad and why they are acting the way they are is not justifying (and if it sounded that way, then sorry).

Also, the character poll, when was it even made? If it was a year ago, or six months ago, those results don't matter anymore, that's information that can't be taken to account because of the time that has passed and the change the fandom has had over the time.

"Spoon isn't in charge of the manuscript" well, in the interview they made with her before the manwha release, she says she was the one writing it, also, who says she didn't asked carrot if she could say that just to see if people (finally) stopped throwing hate at her?

You really are continuing with that "fleshing out characters" huh? I'm starting to think you are a troll looking for trouble, you already had people explain to you why spoon never fleshed out anybody.

15. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk it seems to me your just salty cuase she took away screen time from your favorite characters
    (Ser I can make assumptions too)

And come on. From day one you've heen justifying the abuse shes even receiving or have been criticizing spoon herself. Not the webtoon. But spoon

Maybe you didn't notice but alot of her harassers dont think what there doing is actaully harrassment.

And again that was made before the manwah. Who's to say in your own words the situation hasnt changed. And your theory of her lying seems very gaslighty too me

Glad she's quitting anyway. Someone was gonna pull a kyoani on her. Hopefully she can draw for a less toxic and entitled fanbase sometimes or make her own stuff.

16. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what? It did really bug me how the "reunion" chapter got changed between Claude and Athy and how Jeanette was the one who set the whole thing up and compared to the novel it felt anti-climatic. Claude had gone psychotic when Athy left in the novel whereas , in the manhwa, he was "confused" and preoccupied using Jeanette as a sleeping aid. Jeanette had "nudge" him into agreeing to seer her.
    And it's Claude who is the one makes the effort to rebuild his relationship between him and Athy and not vice versa. Spoon did a 180 on that.
    I never understood why Spoon focused on putting so much emphasis on Jeanette and downplaying Claude and Athy?
    Jeanette was never going to be an interesting character.

kyoani?

manvugu likes this.
  17. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    When that chapter came out I saw a lot of people mad or very disappointed, a friend of mine even dropped the manwha completly from that point on because she LOVED that scene in the novel and she felt pretty much insulted by spoon, someone who claimed to love the original novel, do that to such an emotional scene.
    And well, the reason why spoon started giving so much screen to Jennette... we will never know (maybe it has something to so with Aastacius? But then again when they get Carax out of him he's gonna go back to being a corpse so I'm confused).

M30WWWW, Ceu and Creolenerd like this.
  18. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect it's because she personally prefers heroines with personalities like Jeanette over Athy. A lot of people find Jeanette "adorable" and "precious". Personally, I find her to be a very dim and dull needy character. Spoon wasted alot of time "building" her character while neglecting the ones people actually cared about.

If Spoon was going to choose a minor character from the novel to "develop". She should have chosen Diana.
    The reaction from chapter 100 is evident that would have been a better direction.

lamagicienneaucheveuxdor and Ceu like this.
  19. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    In my eyes, spoon tried to build Jennettes character but actually made everything revolve around her, technically making her the protagonist once more, as she never changes the way she acts and everyone already knew why she wanted a family from season 1. I came to that conclusion when a friend, in the chapter where Athy apologizes to Jennette for not telling her "everything" said to me that: "Athanasia doesn't owe Jennette anything to go asking for forgiveness, all she did was because she at first wanted to survive, and then she learned to love Claude as her father. This just seems like the typical scene when a secondary character asks for forgiveness to the ever pure protagonist." And it's the truth, Jennette is never seem to want to do something if it doesn't directly affects her (we can see that when she goes to Anastacius room and listens to Carax talking to himself and says none of that to anyone.)

In the case of Diana, yes, 100 times yes, everyone who reads WMMAP loves Diana and Lily the most, so giving an insight of Diana's feelings towards Athy was beautiful to see, and not only that, it also carries the main theme of the novel: Familial Love. This Diana scene and the emotional baggage it carries is what readers are looking for, they never looked for political drama or... whatever is going on with introducing Anastacius possesed by Carax who wants the throne for some reason.

20. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Three years ago, I expected relationship building between Claude and Athy because that concept sold the story to me. I think what Spoon did was to build up Jeanette at the expense of Athy. Perosnenaly, that the reason I dropped this plus the pacing is so horrendous. Yes, I understand, doesn't mean I have to like it how spoon and everyone else is milking it. She even mentioned that she's gonna wake up Claude now like they were really trying to keep him out of the story when he's on the cover. If you're gonna sell the cover to me, I assume that the characters of the cover are prominent in the story, not dozing the chapters off. I have heard that she likes Jeanette, and she could have done the story more justice if just made a spin-off of Jeanette if that's what she wants.

Second the characterization.

Absolutely agree and it still fits on the family theme.