Untranslated Korean novels that will (probably) never see the light of day

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Chamber, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everyone. Chamber here (I'm sure I'm slowly starting to fade away from everyone's memories now)

I was bored and when I'm bored, I read novels, mostly in Korean. I came across quite a few interesting concepts/themes in novels that I liked, but are nowhere near popular enough and as such, will probably never get translated.

This is not a pickup request, but feel free to make a pickup request if you like any of them.

All of these are distributed through Munpia though, so prepared for any DMCAs if anyone is willing to pick them up. These are also less-known in the community. And before you ask, no, I'm not doing it.

These novels are not written in any specific order.

Here they go.

#1. Male Teacher in Hunter Girl's High
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/242904
    Korean publisher: A:Tempo
    Basic story outline: Our Male MC is a retired veteran hunter (the kind that hunts monsters, not animals) at a young age. Events lead to one another and he starts teaching at a high school made for hunters. The catch? It's a Girl's High.
    Why I like it: It's not the usual 'field trip goes horribly wrong/student hunting monsters' kinda story. This novel ACTUALLY sounds like it's a school novel. Also, the interactions between characters are pure gold.

#2. Prestigious Hunter Family's Concubine Child Does Not Want To Die
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/236317
    Korean publisher: JHS Studio
    Basic story outline: Our MC's awakened ability has a timer which shows how much lifespan he has left. In order to overcome that time limit, he has opted to become a part-cyborg that is worked against his will by his clan. He dies and goes back to the past before he was modified into a cyborg and tries to get his revenge against his clan.
    Why I like it: It's pretty ordinary as far as concepts/themes go, but I'm very curious as to see what author will do with an ability that involves 'time'. It's also a nice refresher as well.

#3. A Magic Prodigy with Quantum Magic
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/235429
    Korean publisher: Raon E&M
    Basic story outline: MC goes through TWO reincarnations, one from fantasy world to Earth, and Earth back to fantasy world (first world). First life, he leads a tragic life. Second life (on Earth), he researches into magic through science. Third life, he uses his knowledge gained from Earth to become a prodigy at magic.
    Why I like it: What if magic was real? not with the elements like fire/water/etc, but with QUANTUM PHYSICS? I think it's a cool concept. MC (and hence, author) redefines magic from the bottom up. Sneak peek: What if the 'god of wind' doesn't actually govern the domain of 'wind' but the domain of 'chaos & order?' What if the 'god of earth' doesn't govern the domain of 'earth' but the domain of 'mass & gravity'? While the story isn't anything special, I think the way author redefines magic is so cool.

#4. The Fake Hero is Too Strong (this is still on the popular rankings in Munpia.)
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/237012
    Korean publisher: Arete
    Basic story outline: Our MC, a member of the hero's party, was born with the ability to see the 'list of people that person has committed a crime to' above people's heads. And the hero that's supposed to defeat the demon lord and save mankind has actually sinned against the ENTIRE HUMAN POPULATION? What's going on?
    Why I like it: Plot twists. Plot twists everywhere.

#5. I'm the Demon Lord But There Are Too Many Heroes
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/257796
    Korean publisher: (Not 100% certain) Munpia
    Basic story outline: The demon realm is invading the human worlds (yes, that's plural), In one such human world, the battle between demon lords (also plural) and heroes (also plural) has been going on for such a long time, that mankind has already put up countermeasures for literally every strategy that demon lords use and use them for their own profit. Our MC was supposed to be one of the finest demon lords, but since humankind uses the demon lords' own bible against them, he is crushed by the heroes and goes back in time where he just 'graduated' from the demon lord's school as the first seat. In the graduation speech, he utterly insults the demon lord's bible that the first demon emperor created and events lead to one another and he is sent to the world he was sent to last time.
    Why I like it: 5 demon lords (who aren't exactly comrades) versus THREE THOUSAND+ heroes? That's a must read for me. Watching MC break every rule in the book(the demon bible) is also quite enjoyable.

#6. Ex-strongest Man in the World (finished novel)
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/243429
    Korean publisher: Munpia
    Basic story outline: Martial arts/Wuxia novel. Our MC is devoid of any emotions from birth. It has also led him to become the strongest man in the world, and he eventually ascends into the heavenly realm. He ascended in hopes that he would regain his human emotions to no avail. He asks the supreme emperor to have him reincarnate again. The heavenly emperor gives him a proposal so that he would reincarnate with his memories intact.
    Why I like it: It's a relaxation novel. It's also rather enjoyable to follow the MC as he journeys through his emotions.

#7. The Necromancer Is Too Strong (finished novel)
    Link: https://novel.munpia.com/224553
    Korean publisher: J Plus
    Basic story outline: Post apocalypse with game system. Our MC is a criminal who has murdered the sole S (or SS, I'm not sure)-rank hunter in Korea, even though he's a low-rank necromancer. One day, the system suddenly decides that it wants to massacre most people on Earth for 'someone's' enjoyment.
    Why I like it: Most Korean necromancers are 'quality + quanity' novels. But what if it was 'quality + efficiency' instead? Being able to kill S-rank hunters while controlling undead insects? Heck, I'm in.

2. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, but how soon does he pick up a sword to fight along his undead?

3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, quantum magic did spark a light in my chuuni forge.

4. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Never

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah~
    pass~
    what this cat think it may never meet publishing perhaps murim theme~ such niche community similar to wuxia on international reader~

6. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    No I never forgot you cause you translated some of the novels I read constantly among the tens in my list.

Also because IIRC I finished (reading) one of your translations.

INTERESTING!!!! \(✨_✨)/
    Gotcha!
    Attention was caught!

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  7. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say all of them sound amazing, but Im really curious for number 3,4,5.

8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They all seem great hope a group gets interested in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.