Recommendations BL merfolk novels?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Disolona, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi~
    Can you, please, recommend me any good, interesting merman bl novels? I have seen a couple, in quick transmigration novels' arcs.
    Would like to find new novels, whether chinese or western.

2. Mikhail-san

Mikhail-san 『 Mika 』『 Mikshroom 』『 Your cute daughtah 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping, I love this trope :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Big Bird likes this.
  3. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't guarantee necessarily what you mean by merfolk stories but here's some BL that has merfolk in them:

1. Game Loading- has a merfolk palace arc in it (its like the 2nd arc I think)
    2. Desharow Merman- ML is a merman but the story is pretty dark from what I remember
    3. Sea Monster Alliance- ML is a merman, but I think the romance is a slow burn and it focuses on the sea monsters quite a bit

4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

5. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Amnesia guide of a Mermaid? I haven't read it but the ML is a mermaid who is a rich guy on land so the book maybe focused on land.

6. Mew-Lidia9

Mew-Lidia9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Diary of Raising a Mermaid is one of my favs

Saveord and Big Bird like this.
  7. Cole

Cole Always Bored AF

Reading List:
    Link
    What to Do When I Become a Koi and Fall into the Male God’s Bathtub - a koi merman

Big Bird likes this.
  8. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving a comment so I can find this later.

9. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Little Merman
    Mr. Dior - ML thinks he lives in Atlantis in one of the arcs and it's hilarious

Untranslated:

Don't Touch My Fish Tail by 千峰一鹤 - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3920445
    Modern mpreg. MC lives in a world where some people differentiate into mermaids. He happens to change late, at the age of 20. Meets ML, the president of a company that sells mermaid goods, believing that ML is a fellow merfolk.

He's Carrying the Marshal's Baby Fish by 斫染 - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3649489
    Interstellar mpreg. MC differentiates into a mermaid, but mermaids have been extinct for years. One day, a YY novel drops out of the sky and foretells his future with ML (it's a fanfic and he doesn't know it). The book is very graphic about their sexy times. ML can read MC's mind within a certain range and is ??? what is this little pervert thinking all the time?

The Sweetest Alpha by 浮白 - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4269311
    Interstellar ABO not mpreg. MC is the empire's alpha third prince and is enemies with ML. He takes a drug that changes him into an omega, and sneaks into ML's place to look for secrets, but is caught by ML. He goes into estrus, is marked and forced to marry ML under his secret identity.
    MC is a mermaid prince and the secret world of mermaids is later revealed.

Haigi likes this.
  10. Big Bird

Big Bird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also Tyrant's Pet Palm Fish, has mpreg as well if that's what you like. It's Actually Not Easy Wanting to Be a Supporting Male Lead, The King's Game, and Everyone Knows I'm a Good Person all have mer arcs. Everything (translated) that I've read with mers have already been listed here. I wish there were more mer arc! QAQ

11. Big Bird

Big Bird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sad that it hasn't been translated in a while. Does anyone has a link to the raws so I can google translate?

12. cupcakeking13

cupcakeking13 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes I’m hoping someone will recommend this accidental machine translation error that led to me reading twelve chapters of a delightful story about scorned singer turns into a mermaid and makes his counterattack

ps
    This was on mtlnovels it was of courses another bl that they mixed up the books, but unfortunately the tittle wasn’t listed in the chapters, basically the intro is this guy grew up in an orphanage taking care of another kid they both turned out to be gay and singers or maybe the younger one just liked taking the success of the MC because he stole his boyfriend and debut single for himself then arranged a fire so that he could lure him in and then knock him out and frame him then as his only family delay medical treatment against doctors suggestion just until the point where his vocal cords couldn’t be saved by this interstellar(?) level of medical where they were able to repair all the damage but to his voice, allowing the younger brother to then use the stolen composition and debut becoming the number one newcomer with a bright future, and then after he’d driven the MC to the lowest he could and ruined him, he decided it was finally time to get rid of the MC and had some people snatch him up and sink him to the bottom of the ocean... this is where the plot twist comes in, He’s a Mermaid ! Though having been touched up and thrown into the ocean for dead he doesn’t know where he is and is stuck eating raw fish with his terrifying new claws and (probably)sharp teeth on the plus side he’s regained his singing ability with some added charm to sea life when his intimidating new aquatic food chain status isn’t scaring off the fish food, oh and while in the ocean he gets attacked by an octopus and they fight it out, also there’s a sea turtle I think he follows in hopes of leading him to a reef or some sort of land mass etc.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Mikhail-san likes this.
  13. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Send me the link and maybe I can help you find it?

14. Mikhail-san

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god that sound really good, same with what Melange said, can I have the link please ? ‎(/ω\)

15. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    *shocked* hail~?!

16. Mikhail-san

Reading List:
    Link
    ‎|ω・)you didn't see me- *hides*

17. zetsuen_dark

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat* hail ~ ~ he he ~ ~ bl supremacy :blobhero:

Mikhail-san likes this.
  18. zetsuen_dark

Reading List:
    Link
    i've seen your comment on mtlnovel and i'll just say, may the holy one guide you. and if you found it, please share XD

19. Zeferes

Zeferes New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do any of u know the novel where the mc died in an accident and was reborn as a mermaid in the same world he seeks a house to live in? It's a modern novel not QT

20. Neceas

Neceas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disolona likes this.