Discussion Well, finally golden finger makes sense...

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Freezy, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read well over a 100 maybe hundreds of translated novels by now and this is the first time a novel described 'golden finger' as 'midas touch', and it finally makes sense. I've just read 'gold finger' enough times for it to never phase me and for me to never question what it could be linked to but...goddamn it actually makes sense now. Fairplay.

judeiiro, 0000000 and otaku31 like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except Midas' gift brought nothing but misery...

*looks at the typical xianxia MC jaunting about, wreaking havoc everywhere*
    Yeap. :blobwhistle:

judeiiro, idan and 0000000 like this.
  3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, Midas touch is kinda like rasing a talented yet arrogant young master? He might be the one who will make your sect grow stronger but he'll be also the one who will destroy your sect.

Like, you raise him well with his power soaring and one day brought a girl with him back to the sect, saying that he bullied some poor sap whose just a insignificant insect, then Doom music started to kick in as that poor sap slowly walks to your sect and killing all your members. Just for an act of revenge and thought you could kill him. Jokes on you btch, you are just body count for him.

4. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really not like that at all, or at least that's not the point of the phrase.

It's just a character who succeeds at everything but can't get any joy out of it, and is eventually destroyed by his own success. Half the time, the latter part is ignored and it's just someone who makes everything a success when he's involved in it.