Sleeping pills

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 41274, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you have Bad insomnia and had to Take some or have relatives in the Situation? Taking too many at once Kills you. And Generally it's Not good anyway is it? Being reliant on them or getting reliant on them with the Side effects. I think, say If you can't sleep that night at all and are dead the other day at Work or whatever, but after that the rythm will be fine again No? Normally speaking

2. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I took sleeping pills for my insomnia it didn’t work I was still awake all night so I took more still nothing then threw them away

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice my mother Always Used them and I think some people will need Always Higher Dosis for the same effect so I think they aren't good normally unless you have some Bad Depression or other issues

4. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing you need to sleep rn? :blob_patpat:
    I've only ever taken some analgesics with a sleep inducing effect. :blobcozy: It's tempting to use sleeping pills, yes, but I've never used them. (apart from what I've mentioned)

5. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't sleep I had this and when I must stay awake it will be so hard

6. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    My doctor wouldn’t give me any cause according to her I have trouble sleeping and am always tired cause I’m lazy not cause I have insomnia and barely get any sleep at all

7. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol lazy Part I relate

8. Dokja6116

Dokja6116 not suspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still a healthy ass kid, at least currently, I am, but I don't think I'll be needing them anytime soon until university comes kicking in.

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, barbiturates are for people too keyed up to sleep. Once in a while when you need it is ok but be very careful. Sleeping pills OD can sometimes be an accident, the most common accident is when someone has taken them, then in their dizziness, forgot that s/he already took it once before and took another dose. When taking these pills, it is a VERY good idea to have someone else birddogging you just in case you get so dizzy that you make these kinds of mistakes. Let them hand the pills over to you, don't take them directly yourself lest you double dose.

10. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know that it's better to habe Others help u with it, sounds scary nightowl

Shizukani likes this.
  11. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    This may get me some hate (as I know we all have our circumstances),

But try putting your phone far far away. Close your eyes, make sure you're nice and comfy, and relax your body manually part by part, and focus on your breathing.

12. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a bad insomnia last year when the pandemic started. I usually slept around 6am no matter how I tried. So what I did was I took antihistamines (their side effect is drowsiness) for 2 days then made sure I go to bed at 10pm for the next few weeks. I also made sure that I don't use any gadgets 30mins before bedtime. And, viola! I am now sleepy by 9pm because my body is already accustomed to the routine. Sleep hygiene is still the best.

13. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it happens and it's not even intentional, those that ODed were just so sleepy from the pills that they couldn't think straight, so always get someone to watch over you. This is even more important for the older patients who might have dementia stacked on top of sleepiness. Most of my maternal line Mother and her 2 sisters) work as nurses in hospitals and I'm an analyst in one too so my sisters and I get fed stories of how messes like that happen since young.

PS: Use benzodiazepine rather than barbiturates, barbiturates have a lot more negative effects and are a lot more addictive, so choose the safer ones. Most modern tranquilizers are benzodiazepine anyway but you still need to be careful choosing them.

14. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t like taking medication in general so I try to avoid sleeping pills if I can help it (only do it if I’ve been up longer than 48 hours and still can’t sleep).

Another reason is that sleeping pills are supposed to knock you out for a pretty much a full night’s rest. My schedule doesn’t allow that and getting the daytime drowsiness and temporary cognitive impairment from the pills the next day is not worth it to me.

I hate my insomnia but I’d rather fit a nap in over taking sleeping pills any day.

15. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    My insomnia is really bad that I can only sleep if and only if I am dead tired. I tried consulting friends and families on how they're sleeping, it seems like normal people would just lie down and close their eyes, and then they're able to sleep.

Not me, whenever I did the same thing, i even though my eyes are closed, I am still fully awake, until the nex morning. Hell, its even tiring to just do that. Its like I am acting, and not resting at all.

The best thing I can do is just exercise my body + lots of chess puzzles, and exhaust both my body and mind until I fall asleep.

Oh also, i never took sleeping pills. I heard once a person become reliant to it, they would not be able to stop from taking it.

16. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true, they are very addictive, not only in their contents but once you start needing them to sleep, you'll keep psychologically depending on them. Use them as a last resort. Are you living anywhere near a pool? Try swimming before sleeping, I've found that people that swim tend to not feel the fatigue while swimming, then it all hits them at once later and they konk out fast. Might want to test it out. Worst case, at least you got some healthy exercise.

Havisu likes this.
  17. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes, addiction is a scary thing.

My condo do have great facilities, the pool is also very nice with great view.

Thing is, with how covid been going in in my country, swimming would also be very scary.

18. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need it. You need to reset your biological clock. If you can't fall asleep at night and suppose you'd need to work in the mornings you need to take your sleep no matter how little be it around two hours from 5 AM or even just 30 minutes before works if you can rouse yourself awake with alarm. Drink coffee or energy drink to stay awake at work and don't let yourself fall asleep in the evening or early at night. Resist sleep to make sure you'd be sleepy enough to start sleeping around 9-10 PM. Because beyond that clock your body might just readjust itself by habit and you'd sleepless again.

Edit : and during sleepless night when you need to work in the morning avoid strenuous activities in attempt to exhaust yourself to sleep. Just let the night pass with minimum activity so you have energy to work in the day.

19. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Chlorinated pool, should be ok as long as you don't go up to someone and do CPR.

Havisu likes this.
  20. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On average, 4.1% of Americans take sleeping pills. Usage is higher at older ages. Only 1.8% of younger people between the ages of 18 and 39 take sleeping pills but by age 80, 7% of the population takes them. In a Consumer Reports study, 69% of Americans reported having difficulty sleeping at least once a week.

About 10% of the population experiences some form of diagnosable sleeping problem.

Sleeping pills can act as tranquilizers that reduce anxiety and apprehensions at bedtime. They can also help your brain shut down enough to allow you to sleep. If you aren’t sleeping, being able to sleep can make a big difference in how you feel the next day. But there is a price to be paid on top of the cost of sleeping pills that may make sleeping aids the worst way to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.

Some medications are known to have a placebo effect. Research shows that 63.56% of the effect people experience from sleeping pills is due to a Placebo Effect. Sleeping pills provide a slight improvement in the amount of time it takes to get to sleep over and above the Placebo Effect. A Placebo Effect is the result of positive expectations about the outcome. There are ways to invoke the benefits of the Placebo Effect without ingesting drugs that have dangerous and sometimes deadly side effects.

When we ask, “How many sleeping pills does it take to die?” it requires a follow-up question? To die right now or die sooner than we would die if we never took any sleeping pills?

Although allergic reactions are rare, they can be fatal. There are other serious and fatal side effects that can occur from repeated use even when you take them as prescribed by your physician.

A few pills a year are enough to increase your risk of developing cancer by 20% and increase your risk of dying by any cause. Higher doses increase the risk of death and cancer even more.

According to some studies, the smallest dosage of sleeping pills that can cause death is 10 grams. As for tablets of 500 milligrams per pill, it is mostly recommended to consume no more than eight pills of 500 milligrams with twenty-four hours.

You are most likely to die if you take 24 to 30 pills at the same time. An overdose can kill you because it leads to liver damage and shuts down your internal organs. The situation can escalate rapidly if sleeping pills are taken along with alcohol.
    Sleeping Pills Facts to Remember

• They handle the problem effectively in the short term
    • They can lead to undesirable side effects, including addiction and dependence
    • You should only use them for the recommended duration
    • A combination of alcohol or other drugs may be harmful
    • They can help you to sleep but may harm your long-term sleep health
    • Effectiveness may decline if take them regularly
    • Never use non-prescriptions from unknown sellers
    • Never mix alcohol and sleeping pills
    • Make sure your doctor and pharmacist are aware of all the pills you’re taking
    • They are not the only option, you can try other remedies
    • Never self-medicate yourself
    • Talk to your doctor in case of any signs of distress

Almaa and Deleted member 41274 like this.