Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the main thing that got the manhwa big is with the arts and the fluffy moments between Claude and Athy, so for those who have already read the novel or haven’t yet but is aware of some spoilers about the novel, is getting agitated about the lack attention between Athy and Lucas’s relationship and the amnesia arc and how the story is really slow paced and I guess how it basically disappointed them because they were looking forward for some juicy moments.

Wether it was spoon or the manuscript that did this, they basically strayed from the novel and somehow created their own story, that’s a little bit similar to the novel and that’s why the fans got annoyed and I understand them (tho I don’t support hate or any death threats). They took one of the biggest reason the manhwa got popular, away from the fans. They started to focus on other characters when the manhwa is getting to the end....but for us, we wanted it to focus on the relationship, reconciliation, understanding each other, etc. of Athy and the other main characters because that is what we came here for. Now they’re getting hate, tho I feel sorry for them, the fans has its points. But again I don’t agree on excessive hate and threats that came in their way, I’m just saying that for me, it wasn’t all that satisfying

2. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually amazed if it were not for pressure from fans Spoon would have kept Claude "asleep" longer...
    I mean WHY? to give Jeanette more attention in the story? I think she ended up with more coverage than Lucas did.

3. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, after reading the comments, now i wanna read a webtoon version that's close to the original.
    Seriously, if this is a Japanese novel, i can hope for a different adaptation since it's kinda normal for a Japanese novel/manga/game/anime to have different adaptations (like Kusuriya no Hitorigoto has 2 different manga or FMA has 2 different anime versions) but since this is Korean novel, idk. It's a shame, i really like the first 40 chapters, but now the plot is kinda a mess.

4. Ruta yifla

Ruta yifla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree :blobpopcorn_cool:. Tbh, i personally think the artist / spoon is planning to become webtoon author. That's why she's experiment with the story of her current work who already presented nicely. She might have thought "oh what if i want to make the story more intriguing, what if we twist the story a little bit.."

The thing that she's don't get is.. become an author and an artist is different.
    All people who make manhwa / manga / manhua, have different capabilities to write a story, sometimes we found such a good work and sometimes so so, and lot of times it was boring and lame. that's why, we are often saw lots of korean artist who do not want to take a risk by making an original work. They would like to recreate based on an already popular story because lots of advantage such as the fanbase, already planned story, and ect.
    The big problem from spoon is she try to bevoming ome, when she do not realize her capabilities as an author.:hmm:
    Being an artist and author is different. It's not that i'm sayong an artist webtoon can't become and author. I acknowledge some webtoon artist who are capable to become such a good author. There are people who can wrapped the story to become more alive and capture different perspective from the story to put in a picture even if the novel is written not so good / in my opinion. For me, i would like to name the artist from solo leveling. He is such a tallented artist who has capabilities to become a good author. I get bored when trying to read that novel, it was written in a boring way:blobsleeping:. But i love how the artist from this manhwa drew the story:blobhyperthink:. The perspective he put into the manwa, the writing is also different from the novel. I was a novel reader first before a manga reader, because i love how detailed the story in the book. But for this manhwa, i like how he write the story rather than the original author.
    I don't know if i can explain it any better.
    In this way, spoon trying to do the same, she's great on capture the feeling to put into a story. She was good when she still follow the original story bcs she already guided by the flow plutus has wrote. But then she try to twist it, and that's the fatal problem.
    I think it is fine if she want to change the story but the bigger problem is she didn't know how to do it correctly.:blobflag:
    Let me give you an example, the plot about how her father lost his memory. The problem is not because claude couldn't awake. But it is about how the feeling of the story flow. She is not trying to building the flow but rather making it down and down. We as reader know that a good flow is up and down or reverse. When something bad happen, then next time the sun will rise and swept away the wound. But she keep making wound over wound in teh story, and it make the reader restless and then we are too bored to wait.:blob_teary:
    Also, her pase is too slow. The moment she thought to change the story. We can see, the normal pase before claude lost his memory but after that the pase become really slow. Don't you think?:blobspy:
    The story about how she live in outside palace is important but not that important when she stretch it so long. There was some unnecessary plot, and it could be removed actually. Or just make a scene when she visit Atlanta because it sounds found. There, when i say the flow should be up and down. When we read in original story, despite being sad over her runaway from her father and his amnesia. She can found a little joy by enjoying the situation in atlanta. Although her purpose is to learn about black magic in the academy's library. She found some little joy by watching how kids around her age study and then found a quarrel in the school. It was a little joy to bring up a little the reader's spirit blobmelt_thumbs . Plutus clearly know how to do it. But in manhwa, what spoon do is stretching unnecessary plot, and just making the flow to dynamincally low.

I was really really love how she do the manhwa at first, but my expectation is crumbled. Her art is top tier, not only she can drew beautifully she was able to catch the emotion so the picture isn't liveless, we can see the picture kinda talk and move, i want to gave her a medal for that. but if she want to become an author webtoon. Better practice becoming novel author in naver and see if the public like how she her story.

it just my thoughts. I was prerty much her defender until i become restless but you do you. I know we can't force our opinion to each other. But it is fun to discuss about it.

Ah and i keep thinking 'bout this :blob_ghost:, she also has a plot hole. When first it was said that the great magician is really GREAT. He can blew up obelia if he want, and he said himself toa thy in manhwa. But lucan's magic become more pathetic even after obtaining lots of power from the branch of the world tree. She just make as if that claude's problem is too big for the great Lucas. A magician who lived for thousand years. Lucas's power is almost as if a god. He could be praised as one if he want to make some followers. yeah..

But i do want to praise her for making athy living her 3rd live because it was more practice and touching for reader. in the novel athy just live her second live. The old athanasia has nothing to do with her soul. But she is still claude and diana's soul biological daughter bcs the theory of different dimension. It means the sould who live in those athanasias is different and diana in athanasia's dimension is really her mother. but the manhwa make it more practical, rather making readers spin their brain to connect the dots. I also like how she make athy to met her mother in the manhwa.:bloblove:

Sorry for the long rant :blobsleeping:

M30WWWW, Ceu, ATrueStory and 3 others like this.
  5. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the manhwa when Claude’s amnesia/sleep took ages while nobody gets character development and other characters were getting fleshed out or whatever yet they didn’t get a development too. IMO, if Spoon wanted to tell more about Jenette’s story, unlike novel, she could’ve introduced her to us from the begging, she could’ve made Janette even second MC too. I’d be okay to read both girl’s POV equally (similar to Your Throne and to be honest, I think Jenette also has a potential to be an MC) or I’d like to read her POV time to time but at some point story became only Jenette’s story. Since I was suddenly forced to read more and more about her, storyline became messed up, the setting I’ve read till then wasn’t the setting anymore. It was changed from “I’ll survive” to “where’s my family”.
    I thought I’d continue reading once Claude wakes up but now as I understand from spoilers Jenette had to convince him to meet with Athy. It seems extremely questionable to me if there is a difference between Lovely Princess/First TL and current TL in the manhwa. Lovely Princess’ Claude killed his daughter, he didn’t even cared about her, neglected her and he again neglects her but I assume it’s a development too since he doesn’t kill her. Really is there anyone who gets a character development or a relationship which gets a development?

6. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoon should have just stuck to the novel rather than go on a tangent to "develop" characters people didn't really care about at the expense of Athy and Claude among others. The first red flag is when she decided to go 180 in portraying how Claude reacted to when Athy ran away.
    In the novel, he becomes a yandere psycho that even holds Lillian hostage to lure Athy and self-harms himself to blackmail her to come back. In Spoon's version, she made it all about Jeanette and that it was Jeanette who had to "nudge" Claude into asking to see her. I think she really wishes Jeanette was the MC and the story was more about her HER relationship with her dad - instead of Claude and Athy. Hence, the current arc that she wanted to drag on much longer and decided to end the series much sooner because fans were vocal that they weren't interested in that route for the story. They wanted Athy/Claude moments not Jeanette/Claude's brother,

Spoon made a decision to go off track from the novel in the recent season for "character development" (of her beloved Jeanette) while neglecting others and said she wasn't going "hurry" waking up Claude for this. It was only because of backlash she is finally waking him up now and due to not taking the criticisms of her "changes" well she decided to quit the series and rush the ending. After dragging the series with a pointless arc she created just so Jeanette and Claude's brother could get more coverage while neglecting the characters most fans loved. I don't think fans disclosing their criticisms of Spoon's changes is "hate" rather honest critique. It's a pity she didn't just stick to the art and no go off track from the novel.

And if she did had to choose characters "develop" why not choose the ones that fans might have actually been interested in such as Diana, Lilian, or even Felix?

"Lovely Princess" Claude was already dead inside due to the Black magic curse erasing all his memories of Diana or having a daughter after six years. He meets athy at age 9 in "lovely princess".
    Jeanette is a chimera and a creation of black magic that is why Claude was "drawn" to her but eventually the same black magic and curse killed him.

7. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, that's why i said i wanna read an adaptation that's close to the original, the current one is like a failed version due to the artist's weird creativeness.

8. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, didn't you know that she made Lucas come back BECAUSE the koreans where mad about it too? She just made him come back to appease the readers (something that just worked for like, 2 chapters).

That was actually the biggest red flag. The first red flag was when she began to put scenes that appeared at a later date in the novel or deleting scenes/dynamics from the novel.
    At this point in time she won't be able to do any kind of "extra" chapters from the novel, as ALL of those are in tune with the novel version of things, so she would have to create those extra stories, and we all know the koreans will maybe buy them for the art instead of the story itself (and that's very sad and disappointing).

Like, I get what @Ruta yifla said and that some artists also want to be writers and authors of their own stories, but, if spoon was really aiming towards that goal, she should have made all the changes from the very beginning so that manwha readers had a different perspective of each character.
    I say this because, a lot of people don't care about Jennette because of how she was portrayed; Jennette was portrayed to be a secondary character and something we SHOULDN'T like, why? because we are told that, she's a chimera, a being created with black magic, and not only that, when we are introduced to the LP storyline by WMMAP Athy, everyone applying just ONE bit of logic will say "wait... she loved Athy but... Athy still had worn out and low quality dresses? And she still lived in the Ruby Palace? And she was ignored/treated badly by Claude and bullied by nobility?..... and when it was discovered that it was her aunt that put the poison in her tea to get Athy out of the way, she forgave her aunt? and she only cried when Athy was declared innocent?!?!?!?!??!! AND SHE FORGAVE CLAUDE AND HER AUNT?!?!?!?!??!?!" <--- with all of this in mind, she is portrayed to everyone like a bad person, a horrible family member. Plutus in the novel made it so that she's unlikeable even if she has done nothing because of what she means to Athy if she comes into the picture: Death.
    Plutus even goes deeper into this with a special chapter when she shows us that LP Jennette actually knew how LP Athy was feeling and being treated and did nothing about it because she(Jennette) was the one that should have all the riches and be loved by everyone.

There is no other version of the manwha, the manwha you know is the only one that exists. The only way to read the original version of things is reading the novel.

9. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I don’t care about love interests, what the brother does/aims and so on. The reason why I started reading this manhwa was to see a bonding/sweet familial love between Athy and Claude. While he doesn’t forget his daughter or Diana in the manhwa, this is a difference yes, he didn’t even look after “his own daughter” then my expectation doesn’t match with what I’m supposed to read. And calling this “my expectation” is also a bit silly because this is what we were promised to read at the beginning (if I’m wrong someone please inform me but making Claude love her and keep living was Athy’s goal). I don’t understand what is Jenette’s place, who isn’t even Claude’s daughter, in the relationship of Athy&Claude. From this point of view there is no big difference between Lovely Princess and WMMP in terms of their relationship because Jenette is still between the two of them (IMO). It isn’t a sincere father and daughter relationship. After everything they went through why do they need someone else to act like a bridge between them? I don’t understand why Spoon is so reluctant to build a real, sincere and sweet relationship between the two without someone’s interference.

M30WWWW, Ceu, CarisSa and 5 others like this.
  10. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean they focused on other characters when manhwa is getting to the juicy plots, plus the slow paced story and then announcing that they’re rushing it and ending it... I mean who wouldn’t be annoyed

11. Ruta yifla

Ruta yifla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so well written from what's on my mind. I really agree with your opinion.
    English is my third language so it was abit difficult to write rather than just read. Also, auto correct do not help at all :blobhero:.

Also, i am a short story writer, well it isn't my job but i do ot for college projects.
    To write a story, you have to make a big picture how the strory gonna flow after making the world building. Of course write a short story and long ass novel is completely different. But the basic is kinda same. If it was published novel, the writer can prevnt any plothole bcs you gotta editing all things before release it to public. But webnovel writer has more difficulties :facepalm:. They gotta relese chapters occasionally. So, they have to really sure what they want to do about the story. They can't change it in the middle but doing so would be alot difficult. Afraid of plothole and things. That's why, we can slearly see that spoon is not having intention to change the story from teh beginning. The idea just popped up in the middle, and she has no experience being an author who are acknowledge by public yet.:blobawkward:
    Agree with Monbon said (i'm pretty new here, didn't know how to mention you) if spoon want to change it, gotta make it from the start. But i, who have not much experience as an author but pretty good observer as a reader can see that she can imagine how to make things interesting but she didn't know how to write, correctly. She is a beginner and has to practice like alot to become a good author. Plothole is a grave for author that's why plutus is so great at making wmmap. There is no plothole, and about things that are unsure at first explained really well later. Such as "what if jannete is a victim" people who defend her can see in another dimension when she do NOTHING when athanasia bullied by pretty much everyone :blob_catflip:. We can clearly see that in her mind, she is selfish by nature and blind, only set her mind about her desire. Also, agree about the extra story who presented too early. Just like monbon said, if you want to change it all, better do it from the start. And like i said, she didn't have the qualification, yet.:blobflag:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  12. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoon needs help and maybe the publisher might give that at least to salvage the story. Right now, it looks like another case of GOT ending or the Star Wars trilogy. Lots of great visuals but thin on the plot. And that's frustrating because as far as I surveyed, WMMAP is still good but it has to live up to its promise both visually and plotwise. Especially plotwise.

I am also not against spicing up a story especially if it is an adaptation but at the very bare minimum, have a vision around it. This situation looks like 'throw ideas until one sticks'. It never works because that just creates more conflicts and more plotlines. At this stage, Spoon should be resolving the plotlines she created coz retcon only works.in a long and very lived series like DCU and Marvel (and even fans of those series have issues with retcons and plotlines). Somebody give Spoon a writer, editor and CP. She and WMMAP needs them asap.

13. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Spoon wanted to make the story as much hers as possible and take ownership as an "author" as opposed to just an artist.
    I think she got bored of just drawing pretty pictures to someone else's narration and wanted be involved in more of the storytelling.

The problem is if you want to do something like that, choose a novel that is very light or that has lots of plot holes - an average piece. That doesn't have a strong fan base.
    She chose to "revamp" a novel adaption that had few plot holes and that was perfect in it's own right.
    She removed much of the best parts of the novel and added stuff that people didn't want or care for. This recent Jeanette arc that has been churning on for over chapters being an example.
    Just like for Athy in "lovely princess" Jeanette was Spoon's doom by how much she chose to emphasize on her at the expense of the main character and heroine - Athy.

When it comes to Jeanette and Spoon, it reminds me of the phrase from "Means girls" by Regina George "Story trying to make "x" happen, its not going to happen."
    "Stop trying to make Jeanette the heroine, shes not the heroine!"

14. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, on her post, she said, she wasn’t the one writing it and said that it was her manuscript (a person) and she was just following what her manuscript told her. She basically also pushed some blames on her manuscript while also saying that she was the one who wrote it at first (I saw one of the threads saying that spoon said she did all the work and stuff including the writing)

To be honest, I have no problem with Jeanette getting attention or getting emphasized in the manhwa but the problem was, WHEN she did it... Slow paced, then getting a rushed ending and the ruined plot, at this point all we want at least is to spoon make her manhwa ending with Lucas and Athy being in an official relationship which took quite a long time in the novel... I mean, in the manhwa, we got some Lucas moments but it was only a few moments which didn’t really emphasized Lucas character like it did in the novel.

15. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We've battled over Jeanette lol but i agree. Her character was better as a secondary one. The novel didn't give a lot because it's not her story. We spent season one with Athy and watched her grow from a baby to her debut. I can admit season two did bore the hell out of me.

Jeanettes life is depressing and she doesn't really do anything so it's like you could only be annoyed or start to feel bad for her. The story was at its best with Claude and Athy.

16. Mynmyn

Mynmyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art was what really made me continue and hooked in the manhwa to be honest and I’d like to praise spoon on that. Her art is top tiered, it also made laugh at the first season but as it goes on there’s just a feeling that it’s incomplete and there was always missing in the story.. the story was just going on and I still can’t feel the overall character of each character, it was just like, oh Felix is sweet and innocent and that’s just it. I wanted something deeper somehow... I saw many people saying how many moments spoon skipped in the novel and I still don’t know what happen and I want to know what happened in the novel but I’m not that patient to skim over 154 pages of this thread

Creolenerd likes this.
  17. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that's my whole point here: if this is a Japanese novel, i can hope for a different adaptation, but since this is a Korean novel, this is the only adaptation we can have, and it's a waste. Please read the comment properly before replying.

18. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emma626, Hirorin and saphhh like this.
  19. sarangnellee

sarangnellee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know where to read the complete translated novel? Please hmu if you know

20. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, he woke up but I think he needs a ton of Lippe tea before he's coherent.

Also, loving the brothers' backstory and how Claude met Diana in full uniform.

Lady doesn't know he's gonna steal; her culture's men apparel and tea once they get involved.

Rin.rinaaa, Emma626 and hikaiueo like this.