Recommendations Female protagonist Chinese novel with positive nationalism (no ultra nationalism)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by khakha, Jun 7, 2021.

1. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone recommend novel about Female protagonist Chinese novel with positive nationalism ?
    The novel need :
    - Female MC
    - Positive nationalism
    - No ultra nationalism
    - No racism, or very low (acceptable level) racism
    Example :
    - lady lin’s first-ever journey to immortality

She is Chinese cultuvator, in Bermuda triangle arc, several Japanese cultuvator attack Chinese cultuvators, but she just kill only the attacker, and not mind others.
    In this novel China become superpower only after get alien artifact, and it even did not attack other country. Before FMC get artifact, she admit USA much stronger and have better in technology.

- Supernatural Rebirth Genius Girl Diviner

I read it until 150 chapter, and so far no racism and ultra nationalism

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone recommend novel about Female protagonist Chinese novel with positive nationalism ?

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    So you want them to have a healthy amount of national pride, but not so much that it becomes toxic and they try to kill everyone who's from a different nation...? :blob_tilt:

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Work Hard Every Day To Make My Husband Bankrupt
    This book is a comedy about the entertainment industry and it's pretty respectful of Hollywood. Also, the protagonist is tasked with making a film for National Day, These are usually about the Chinese military or other patriotic subjects. The film that the protagonist makes is both more creative and genuinely interesting (and it's definitely not ultranationalist).

Mulan Has No Elder Brother
    This one is interesting in that it takes place in Northern Wei, and Northern Wei doesn't resemble any regular Chinese dynasty. There are tons of kingdoms surrounding the protagonist's country but the only one of these that's properly Chinese is Liu Song and its one of the main rivals.

I find that most of the books with female protagonists tend to just touch on real world politics, so your pickings are going to be relatively slim. Your options are a bit broader if you can read Chinese though.

5. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow honestly it was just kinda nice to see positive nationalism