One of my favourite quotes

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • “It is only when mosquito land on your balls that you realize there is a way to solve problems without using violence.” ― Confucius
    • “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

daoki, gtreed, Dokja6116 and 13 others like this.
  3. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Better dead than red- based people
    Taiwan isn't a country-xinnie the pooh

-

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." -Herman Melville

aom likes this.
  5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    65281 - Excerpt from The Chronicles of the Sauce Hero Book 1: The Hero Rises

6. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Run Forrest, run - Jenny

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    A good quote from Tim Minchin: "this is my body... And I live in it... (cut)... And the weirdest thing about it is, I spend so much time hating it, but it never says a bad word about me"
    Then there's the classic "I missed the part where that's my problem" by Bully Maguire

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    "They say that there is a thin line between genius and stupidity, but you're clearly on the stupid side."
    - Raspberryl, Disgaea 3.

daoki likes this.
  9. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent"
    - Qui-Gon Jinn

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.”
    - Bill Murray

aintg, Ardna and aom like this.
  10. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    •"What would you do if someone told you to fight for freedom?
    Would you answer the call or run away like a little pussy
    'Cause the only reason that you're here,
    Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
    So maybe now it's your turn to die kicking some ass!
    Freedom isn't free
    It costs folks like you and me
    And if we don't all chip in
    We'll never pay that bill
    Freedom isn't free
    No, there's a hefty fuckin' fee.
    And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?"

And this is my Quote collection

•They say the loveliest angels make the
    cruelest demons, and my darling, you were
    so kind and beautiful before they dragged
    you to hell." Unknown
    •"What would you do if someone told you to fight for freedom?
    Would you answer the call or run away like a little pussy
    'Cause the only reason that you're here,
    Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
    So maybe now it's your turn to die kicking some ass!
    Freedom isn't free
    It costs folks like you and me
    And if we don't all chip in
    We'll never pay that bill
    Freedom isn't free
    No, there's a hefty fuckin' fee.
    And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?"
    •Being a hero is simply ordinary folk doing whats right in the face of absolutely terrifying or difficult circumstances, when everything and everyone would understand if you looked the other way, and you still don't. Its not some mythical status of destiny. Just ordinary men and women keeping the darkness at bay through righteous indignation.
    •"You are my blue crayon, the one i never have enough of, the one i use to color my sky" ~ A.R. Ashe
    •"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." - Horace Walpole
    •"Don't go broke trying to look rich" - Kanye West
    •"Monday's are fine. It's your life that sucks." - Ricky Gervais
    •"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect" -Luna Lovegood
    •"It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that's life.”- Jean-Luc Picard.
    •"Those who love peace must learn to organise as effectively as those who love war” Martin Luther King Jr
    •"When you compare the sorrows of real life to the pleasures of the imaginary one, you will never want to live again, only to dream forever." – Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo
    •You have a voice, so use it. Your opinion matters too, THE SILENT MAJORITY IS IRRELEVANT if it remains silent
    •"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett
    •Do not go gentle in to that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    •"When you get older, you realize it's a lot less about your place in the world but your place in you. It's not how everyone views you, but how you view yourself" – Natalie Portman
    •"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."-Philip Pullman
    •"Don't get stuck in the past when there is a whole future ahead of you."- Roberto Font
    •"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford
    •"People like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves." - Andrzej Sapkowski
    •"Race, Religion, Ethnic Pride, Nationalism, does nothing but teach you how to hate people you've never met." -Doug Stanhope.
    •Sometimes the criticism is correct. If someone says something about you and you know it's true, don't fight it, fix it. - Jim Gray
    •"If your dreams don't scare you, they are
    too small" - Richard Branson
    • Your critics are your gurus. They are the only ones who have the power to wake you up from your dream that you are right.
    •Death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore grieve not for what is inevitable
    •Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is
    •"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown." - Moriarty
    •We are a nation founded as a rebuke to tyranny. A nation of revolutionaries who refused sovereign reign from afar. Hear me - we're a nation that says give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. A nation built on our differences, guided by the belief that we're all created equal.
    •"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem." - Captain Jack Sparrow.
    •Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do."
    •Through an Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes Legend. Through Time, a Legend becomes Myth. Through hearing a Myth, a Man takes an Action....
    •The best thing about the internet is that no matter what you like, hate or love, you'll never be alone
    •"Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve." - Mary Kay Ash
    •"We need to accept that we won't always make the right decisions, that we'll screw up royally sometimes - understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of success." - Arianna Huffington
    •Children are the innocents one, Once innocence dies, only adulthood remains."
    • I Never do anything that can keep me awake at night, because I love my sleep.
    • It all began with selfishness. In their defence, they were but children, and children had the right to be selfish
    • In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but silence of our friend.
    • In a war there are no winners ,Only losers and bigger losers.
    • its hard to hate someone once you understand them
    • Life fails to be perfect,But never fails to be beautiful.
    • we do not remember days, we remember moments
    • The past makes you wanna die out of regret and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
    • "I'm going to court Death, I'm going to take her for a dance, and then I'm going to kick her off the doorstep without even a kiss goodbye."
    • Those who are destined to be hanged aren't going to drown. = Putin
    • A person is smart ,People are dumb,panicky , dangerous animals and you know it.
    • you drown not by falling into the river,But by staying submerged in it
    • electe a joker,expect a circus
    • pointless musings help nobody,However, reflection can often lead to the most startling of discoveries
    • There is no such thing as good or evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it
    • celebrate good times ,because they don't last too long.
    • life is a beautiful mess
    • Honesty is a very expensive gift ,don't expect it from cheap people
    • it's good to learn from your mistakes, It's better to learn from other people's mistake
    • If we keep telling that life is unfair but do nothing serious about it, then life will forever continue to remain unfair
    • I asked her who would teach me about life being unfair. She said time.
    • it is not the years – but the mileage
    • you can only use a threat so many time before it's become idle
    • Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
    • It always seems impossible till someone does it - Nelson Mandela
    • Reality is cruel, so lies must be a form of kindness. Thus kindness also must be a lie
    • Hard work betrays none but dreams betray many
    • To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
    • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair
    • Be hopeful, not naive.
    • I'll take the bad over the good any day, as long as I can own it."
    • You live and learn. At any rate, you live." Douglas Adams
    •Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth
    •Shoot for the moon. If you fail, you will land among the stars
    •People put way too much stock in signs and trying to see the future when they ought to be focused on how they are living their lives right now."
    •humans don't change ,they only grow
    •Aim High. You might not hit the target but at least you won't blow your own damned foot off
    •truth is seeping into him, leeching away all the happy little lies
    •Be bold be right
    •no regrets, you were a good lesson
    •there are no permanent friends,Only Permanent intrest
    •It does not do to dwell on Dreams,Harry ,And forget to live
    •It is not our abilities that show what we truly are; it is our choices.”
    •Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
    •If you're searching for a person who will change you life,Take a look in the Mirror
    •sunset are the proof ,That a ending can be beautiful
    •it is not our abilities to who we are, it is our choices
    •Dont be so quick to belive what you here ,Because lies spread faster then truth.
    •Time will not slow down when something unpleasant lies ahead."
    •“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
    •when something goes wrong you must Flip it, Flip it completely.
    •IF YOU CRY BECAUSE THE SUN HAS GONE OUT OF YOUR LIFE, YOUR TEARS WILL PREVENT YOU FROM SEEING THE STARS.
    •every problem is a oportunity in disguise
    •Sometimes it seems that the louder someone claims sainthood the bigger the horns they are hiding.---Steve Maraboli
    •Being Alone and Being lonely are not synonyms
    •"The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself" -Baz Luhrmann
    •It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
    •Life has nothing to Gain Unless you come out from Pain
    •Life is like a umbrella You have to hold it by yourself No one will come and do that
    •Life is like a river, Eventually it goes where it must. Not where we want it to
    •If you want to walk in the darkness, You should light the candle yourself.
    •You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become
    •Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps, and whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.
    •Money doesn't change anybody, it reveal their true selves,-Jonny Deep
    •I’m not going to protect you by being your shield or armour, but I’ll be the dagger hidden below your pillow
    • ""Never trust anyone too much, remember the devil was once an angel.” – Kaneki Ken
    •“Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?” – Juuzou Suzuya
    •“Whose fault is it that things ended up like this? Coincidence? An accident? Fate? There’s no such thing as fate. It’s simply a combination of one circumstance and the next. And who is it that creates those circumstances? Who is it? It’s you.” – Rize Kamishiro At the end of the day, we’re in control of our lives. The final decision is always our fault, and nobody else’s. No matter how unfair.
    •“Sometimes people are beautiful.
    Not in looks.
    Not in what they say.
    Just in what they are.”
    •If you don't like how the table is set, Turn over the table.
    •Control what you can, mitigate when you can, and acknowledge what you can't.
    •"In order to rise from its own ashes, A phoenix First Must Burn.”
    •“I’ve died a thousand deaths, each time reinventing myself brighter, stronger, and purer than before. From the midst of destruction, I became the creator of myself. From the midst of darkness, I became my own source of light"
    •Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    •Hell is empty and all the Devils are her3
    •"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."- Friedrich Nietzsche

God slayer and Ardna like this.
  11. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be wrong but ... Trees don't produce oxygen they purify it, it's algae and those kinds of this that produce it right? ~

13. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Oxygen is produced and released by trees :blob_pompom: while we take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide. And the trees take the carbon dioxide- and there's your cycle~

Raven Evernight likes this.
  14. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since we're doing nature themed quotes ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Tired likes this.
  15. Kiss

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Amazon does not produce oxygen directly ... It does produce a little anyway. Whenever organic matter is carried to the sea by the Amazon (floating dead tree ...), it can sediment in its delta, and be preserved from oxidation by clay or other sediments; there is then a net release of O2. The sites indirectly responsible for the production of O2 are therefore the sedimentary basins and other margins trapping a lot of organic matter (of terrestrial or marine origin) in the sediments."
    I also read that it is rather this kind of thing that could even bring oxygen to earth (can check wikipedia too)~

16. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah: wot. Amazon?

Kiss likes this.
  17. Kiss

Reading List:
    Link
    The forest, the big one in the south America~
    <.<

18. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I know that but like...wot. I'm just lost now.

Wait, why are we talking about trees instead of quotes now.

Kiss likes this.
  19. Kiss

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about the first quote ~
    :blobpopcorn_two:

20. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh right.