Spoiler The Rubelia Kingdom’s Tale ~ I Ended Up Cleaning My Younger Cousin’s Mess ~

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Feb 17, 2021.

1. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally! it came from the ML's point of view and the ML seems smart. I want to know what happen to both FL and ML's lives, how they fall in love with each other and how they take care of the country. ML's life surely will be hard. He lives his life just like a comoner but then suddenly promoted to become a crown prince. I wish to know how his life's story will be told. Please provide more spoiler :cry: I wish the spoiler thread could be longer cuz the story is realy good! :cry:

2. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because if she is someone in the higher ranks of nobility, she would enjoy the privileges so whom in their right mind would sell the "equality" propaganda to the naive crown prince to abolish hierarchies? LOL~

3. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Equality propaganda"
    Bruh

ha-you-make-me-laugh-go-to-gulag.jpg

But honestly it cuase being a higher position then the antagonist makes life easier. These novels are mostly wish fulfillment. So the MC are In high position. Now it this was a narrative novel acutally telling a story theyd show the protagonist as a lower class person. So people can feel gratified when the MC overcomes obstacles despite there status

Notning wrong with wanting wish fulfillment novels but i always laugh when the author tries to protray rich MCs who have basically everything as martyrs who know the struggle (*cough* navier)

4. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers anyone??? The ml is pretty cool and I want to know how he gets on with the fl.

5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  6. GolgoGolgo

GolgoGolgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is in a huge gigantic need of a new brain.
    -Shit-ex-crown-prince is 1000% an idiot.
    -He believed that he was the ultimate choice for the throne even with Alois around since he was the only son of the king (I guess he forgot that the king's younger brother lost his royal position over something he did not sure what exactly).
    -He believed that everything he did was just an obligation as he was the next king. He fell for shitty little heroine since she just told him he was amazing and that he got first place in tests since he did his best (he was the next king for crying out loud he had to be the best). He fell for her also since she was being cute acting like a commoner since a noble lady had to watch her action and gestures.
    -He was sending presents to Elina which was chosen by his right hand man (the count son his name was Victor) but he choosed everything he sent to miss proclaimed heroine on the excuse that his relationship with Elina was pure political marriage that wasn't going to help the country since she wasn't expressing herself (you idiot it was your fault you didn't even know what she liked in the first place and you didn't bother to meet her).
    -When little liar was hurt when she was pushed down the stairs, he only asked her who did it and she said Elina and he took her word for granted even though that no one was there and there were no rumors in the first place saying that Elina was bullying her but the idiot decided to humiliate his fiance on purpose during the anniversary of the academy.
    -When he went to his father in order to tell him that he want shitty-little-heroine as his queen (after the comedy at the party), he started stating that the social system must be eliminated so that everyone become equal in rights and to punish Elina for what she did for his beloved whatever was her name (didn't catch it, sorry for not being sorry). King told him if everyone was equal then who would lead the country and what about lady Elina, stupid prince said managers would lead the country and Elina must be punished (seriously, you're demanding the social system to be gone and asking for managers to lead the country are you an idiot management is the social system itself). King told then what about Elina, wasn't she equal to whatever was her name, prince said she has to be punished but king got angry, even in equality Elina has the right to bully little shit since she was close to her fiance.
    -The King had enough of him, he got enough evidence that he was a lost cause so he ordered the guards to put him in prison to put him later under life imprisonment in a tower.
    -Ex-shit later on heard that little shit lied to him, he couldn't believe that since he was his beloved and she ought to be pure like an angel (my brain needs an update and a rest here) and he still didn't get why was he put under life imprisonment since he only wanted equality.
    The chapter title: closed tower.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  7. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    So i have a question. Why does japan/korea love the monarchy so much? It's not like they were great rulers. Even during world war 2 japans emperor threw his own people under the bus

So I dont get where this whole "monarchy is da best111 ew commoners" stuff comes from. Like at this point these novels are gonna be responsbile for brainwashing the next generations into classist freaks just like the hunger games and divergent was responsbile for "reee fuck the government"

8. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We see a lot of monarchy novels because it seems this forum likes josei/shoujo, which tend to have princes and shit than shounen/seinen. Fantasy shounen/seinen is all about the MC picking up women of all statuses so no one cares about princes or princesses that much. Or theres no worldbuilding and MC is just some generic adventurer who slays monsters in some ancap land.

I wouldn't say Korea or Japan like monarchy novels anymore than western novels. What we see is mostly threads for villainess shoujo/josei novels/manhwa nowadays because its mostly the same 40 users on the spoiler subforum posting the same type of novels.

Theres plenty of modern day korean novels that no one gives a shit about though. So no one makes a thread for them.

I wouldn't really blame these novels for making people believe that feudalism/castes are cool. Theres plenty of propaganda everyday in their daily lives that reading a generic novel won't change much.

Anyway to remain on topic:
    Why the hell was he a guard and not a normal noble? Hes still the son of a duke? Is he illegitimate or something?

9. cherrybubbles18

cherrybubbles18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw in the novel that the ml - alois said that he would have to marry people other than elina to ensure that they have lots of children.
    Is that happening? I hope not. I don't want to read a novel where the ml has multiple wives.

All these royals say they need many children to ensure the royal bloodline is secure without realizing that more people = fighting for the crown and they also end up bullying the concubines' children and not to forget the war of the wives that's often catastrophic. How many children do they even need?:blobastonished:

10. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

11. cherrybubbles18

cherrybubbles18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the ml - Alvis/Alois apparently liked a commoner woman before who had approached him with hidden motives (backed by some aristocrat) - just like other women who approached him directly/indirectly to use him or his status.
    After that, he kept women away and didn't open up to Elina initially.
    But later they grow to like each other and admit it when they get married.
    Before their marriage, 2 other countries separately offered him marriage. He declined them though for Elina and himself. One even dared to drug him but was dealt with and sent back with warnings.
    However, people and the ml still talk about how he would have to marry someone else. justabotwork:blob_thor::blobspearpeek:. Poor Elina. She seems so sweet. Currently there's no news about him taking any concubines since that just got married but maybe in the future?...:blob_teary:
    That's why I hate most of the stories with crown prince male leads.:blobcurse:

NuniOk, its0k, raziel010 and 39 others like this.
  12. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This always one of the more amusing examples of Asia misunderstanding the West. Unless the setting is pre collapse of the Roman Empire, concubinage is big no no in Christian Europe.Even so the Roman system in mo way shape or form resembled East Asian custom. The Romans had the concept in place for people who couldn't get married due to differing social status. Say a freed slave and and a freeborn citizen.

The church by the end of the dark ages had locked down the concept of marriage and purged the concept of concubines. (Adultery being a sin. The fruit of a sinful union not being blessed by God. The power of the nobility being derived from divine right) Just to put this in perspective think of Henry the VIII who literally had to replace the church, so he could divorce and and give his heirs have a legitimate claim to the throne.

Just a side note it's hilarious to see people in the west not know their own history and demagogue on how horribly patriarchal the church is and oppressive to women

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  13. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler.

14. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Falling in love with a fairytale prince is a classic trope. One of the key components to writing it however is that you shouldn’t zero in on the details. Because they’re really ugly. Think about ‘The Little Mermaid’ or ‘Cinderella’. What do we know about the system of government in the princes’ respective countries? Nothing except ‘vaguely European’, ‘vaguely monarchic’. Because in a romance story, we’re willing to suspend our disbelief enough as to gloss over the fact that the setting is an authoritarian regime. This suspension of disbelief, however, has its limits. And almost every otome isekai I’ve seen just insists on hitting you over the head with the fact that ‘YES, THIS IS AN AUTHORITARIAN REGIME’ as if that’s something you’d want to focus on.
    Whenever I see stuff like a knight kneeling before the prince, the first thing I think about isn’t ‘how cool!’, it’s ‘this guy has been indoctrinated from a young age to be completely subservient to a person for no other reason than their bloodline’.

Look at manga like ‘Beware the villainess’ or ‘Destruction flag otome’. I’d like to think that part of the reason they work so well is that they don’t focus on the politics of their world. We don’t see anyone kneeling or pledging oaths of loyalty or whatnot. The authors know they’re writing a romance manga and they’re staying in their lane.

Contrast those with this manga. The ML and the MC are basically forced to be together, and they’re obviously going to end up together. From what I’ve seen, the author wants to have them bond over how difficult their lives are. But even if they do end up together, what message does this send out? It basically suggests that it’s okay to go into arranged marriages, because you may be able to meet someone you have things in common with. And remember, this is Japanese literature. While arranged marriages are mostly a thing of the past in Japan, some parents are known to ‘strongly encourage’ their adult progeny in a certain direction in regards to marriage. So this message could hit harder given the context.

15. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I just discovered this novel/manga, anymore spoiler please? Will the MC and FL fall in love, and how?

17. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i need more spoiler not discussion

18. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ughh i hope he will not take another wife, that will be annoying

raziel010 likes this.
  19. mariaconchita

mariaconchita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Avances por favor de este manga, me encantó

20. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Why hes the emperor and that's how it was in olden days. We should stop reading this book through our modern morals/s

Real talk though. People sure like to say that's how it was in ye olde when we bring up clasisim and slavery but once a ML even thinks about taking in a concubine peeps blow their fuse

We just know that ML in these stories after there happily ever after took in 69 mistresses and probably sired a buch of illegitimate kids by castle maids