LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it looks like her master might have to take action directly. I wonder if she'll make the necessary connections once his wounds get worse again.

That aside, wouldn't sending him inside constitute a major opportunity for him? What if it makes him even stronger, or helps him to heal his wounds? You know, if he hadn't made the fatal mistake of dragging her in with him.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's not a medical cultivator, then what was the point in him offending all the major medical cultivation sects? If he just wants help getting healed, then simply indebting himself to them would be enough. He's strong enough that there'd definitely be someone willing.

3. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's a member of the Divine Demon Clan (or whatever it is Meng Qi's master is the leader of), or even one of their serious competitors, there may be serious "face" issues with approaching anyone, as a supplicant, for help.

Even if there aren't, asking for help with a problem he hasn't been able to solve is a potentially dishonorable display of weakness, not to mention being a display of weakness that could be considered a vulnerability (powerful people are generally less likely to expose weaknesses, & the greater the disparity between their actual power/strength & how much more they see themselves as being, the lower the likelihood).

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She even clearly said that she wanted to live, so she wouldn’t dare lie to him even if she wanted to." The card shark told me he hates cheaters, so he wouldn't dare do something funny with the cards. That's the level of intelligence in this sentence.

I wonder how upset the sects presiding over this tournament will be that the tournament can't be held this year. I expect at least one of them will try to blame Meng Qi for "wasting" their only opportunity to open the competition grounds.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  5. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why it's better to trust dishonest people, cause you know they are dishonest.

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the Lihuo Great Fire array supposed to be a secret not to be shared with anyone under any circumstances?

I'm surprised she didn't refuse to let him teach her about arrays. I would have thought that she'd want to wait for her master to teach her.

7. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably a case of her not being able to shut him up while she prepares the antidote...

kyoshijiro likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll publish the spell. It sounds super important, and it would save far more lives if it was widely known than if she just horded it for herself.

9. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    She'll probably sell it that library for points first, & then maybe offer it to the major sects with a discount on the understanding she can still sell or gift it to other ones later (while "forgetting" to include a restriction against her current clients doing so before then).

The best way to get it distributed being to convince those who would rather limit it that they'll get more benefit by distributing it themselves (& if the major sects are distributing it, it will be more accepted than some random "Foundation Establishment Cultivator", even if she did get it from the contest).

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they need to rush outside to find supplies? Wasn't there a wharehouse that they were given free reign to raid?

11. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're misunderstanding idiom, or possibly the grammar is fscked.

I think what QiQi is saying is actually more "Rush, grab supplies (from the warehouse & wherever else required [as medicinal supplies may not completely match Array supply requirements], & go Out to set [trap] arrays)".

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "No matter what, he would take Meng Qi as his disciple!" If you don't seek death, you won't die...

KurouDaijuji likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Have you got a plan about how to arrange the arrays?” Wouldn't she need to see the battlefield first? I mean, general planning could be done beforehand, but anything specific would depend on the terrain.

I wonder if she'll chain a bunch of killing arrays together. If not, then I have to wonder why the more complex arrays even exist if the basic ones are enough to let you kill someone so much more powerful than yourself. Its what, 4 great realms difference between her and the enemy?

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She wasn’t worried! Not at all!" lol.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like she didn't know his name before. I wonder why.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She's using tear gas pills? Why not something deadlier? Or does she not know any poison gas type pills?

“We medical cultivators earn a lot of money! Now it is still not too late if you want to change careers!” lol. I wonder which one earns more money in the long run, formation masters or doctors.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, are the people in the test actual people then? Did any of those people die for real then? And did they really strip that town of all its resources?

18. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit:
    We don't actually know yet (nothing that specifically says either way that I recall).

But considering that spatial storage devices (& pet houses like where QiQi's master is recuperating) utilize "Extra Dimensional Spaces" (aka "Pocket Universes"), I'm going to say it's possible the residents of their space are descendants of an initial colony.

At the same time, the first test with the grasses & soils apparently was more like a Star Trek: The Next Generation (or later) "Holodeck", it's also entirely possible the answer is "No, they aren't real".

And now we do know, Illusions.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "In the future, such a sensible, obedient, and highly talented little disciple would be his." Its good to have dreams, but one shouldn't give in to delusions ;)
    Meng Qi believes them to be illusions, but that doesn't mean they actually are. Though, if they are, then the previous section describing their reaction to the two vs previous generations of test takers etc. doesn't really make much sense.

SerialBeggar and KurouDaijuji like this.
  20. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Their disappearance into white smoke while QiQi & the idiot are still in that test realm suggests they're less than corporeal.