Mangadex is finally back!

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by S4TY4, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was one of the legal manga translation sites that went after it for copyright violations, so it's on "RE" now.

As for the site itself, my reception of it is still the same as when we saw the previews, it's not good, decent for mobile but thrash for desktop. Luckily it is confirmed that the EA site is the mobile setup, so it's a matter of waiting, probably several more months for a workable desktop site. Of course as we wait I'll just keep on not reading anything because the site is atrocious to navigate and look at.

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s looking pretty trash on my phone right now too. I haven’t tried opening it on my computer but if you think mobile’s better... (I’m assuming it’s because they’re still setting everything up, and it’ll look better in a few days.)

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be, I scaled it to fit a mobile ratio and it looked what I'd consider par for the course when on mobile, decent, neither good nor bad. It could be I just have incredibly low expectations of what a mobile site is meant to look as, especially since with my eyesight I'd never want to read manga on a phone.

Just putting in the reddit thread where they've listed some of the bits that's been added and they plan to add: Link

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Traditional manga tends not to work very well, but webcomics, no matter the country’s source, work pretty well for me on phone. But I’m near sighted, so that could be a factor.

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    It's loading super slowly for me orz

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *reads reddit link*

Oh? So they postponed the upload feature...?

That essentially makes the site useless, what's the point of releasing it when every single aggregator has more releases than they do... >.>

I thought the uploading part should be a priority for them, since the only use of mangadex is allowing people to read from the good translators when there are 2+ groups working on the same series... But without the uploading part, you just don't have releases in the first place, so... >.>

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the given reason why uploading isn't available yet is lack of moderation tools, which makes sense that they wouldn't want unallowed uploads to get mixed in with the flood of 3 months worth of releases, which could cause further problems later.
    As for why the moderation tools isn't ready is another question however, but I assume the alternative would have been postponing the entire site further anyway.

SamSam and AliceShiki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess so~

It just feels weird to me I guess, since the current site and no site feel like basically the same thing to me rn... >.>

Nimroth likes this.
  9. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    From a user perspective it kind of do feel that way, but then again I guess current version can be more seen as a beta just to see if the site even function. lol

AliceShiki likes this.