Anyone else tired of simp mc’s?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Greenmachine835, Jun 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever your reading a light novel/magna or watching an anime and it has a lot of good things about it. Yet the mc claims he is no hero but goes and saves the damsel or he gets beat up by a female enemy but does nothing back but when a guy does it he goes ape? Or not even hero but just your average dude and then becomes the biggest simp when Mt.Juggelar walks by?

Guess I was wondering if that turned you away from some good novels/anime’s/magna(and if so which ones if you recall)

2. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those kind of novels are often associated with harem trashiness and the MC being oblivious of all the girls falling for him. I avoid the harem genre so no I don't see that often.

3. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really read Harem so i don't encounter too much of these things.

Aachiin0914 and Greenmachine835 like this.
  4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    harem, filter, solved
    :blobuwu:

Aachiin0914 likes this.
  5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, that's okay
    I hate those arse-hole MC more who just kick-ass here and there because of slight provocation

Reack likes this.
  6. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    As everyone else said, I look at the Harem tag, and don't read it. There's also the fact that most of what I read has cold MC's, so, no simping.

Nagisa11 likes this.
  7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, while I want my male protagonists to respect women, I can't respect those who let someone walk all over them just because they have two balls on their chest. I mean, where did their own balls self-respect go?

8. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a lot of people talking about avoiding beta MCs and honestly, having a protagonist being a weak willed person is never great to read about.....
    Reading about protagonists who literally act like slaves to the women or men they like (even FMC novels where they completely rely on the ML to do literally everything after the relationship gets confirmed) feels pretty boring and lame.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  9. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you even need to ask. The question answers itself just like no one would like their little snake cut off, excluding the exception s of course but normally who in their right mind would like simps

10. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link

Literally most Japenese anime mc’s lol

Any good ones u recommend that have a ruthless mc?

I mean I prefer that over beta mc’s(but also hate the ones who beat guys but spare the female)

Nagisa11 likes this.
  11. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To solve this tiredness I recommond reading absolutely evil protagonist. While some of them are too edgy, some of them turn out to be the most rational people you will ever see in a novel.

12. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u got any that come too mind(prefer the non horny ones if possible)

Any good novels that you recommend?

13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I like some of them because I like certain harem MCs. But in general their irritating

14. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a really slow novel with amazing world-building called Warlock Apprentice.
    Be warned, the pace of this novel is not kidding, 50x slower than your average novel. This means that the 1k chapters that are translated could have been shortened to 20. However the world-building is amazing and while the protagonist is a fool in the beginning, at roughly 800+ chapters you will have seen him grown. A tiny bit.

The second I can recommend is Netherils Glory. A dnd inspired novel with the protagonist being a Chaotic Neutral Magician. Naturally only out for his own benefits.

If you like slice of life coupled with hints of fanfiction, I recommend Super Detective in another World.

Greenmachine835 likes this.
  15. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I particularly start reading novel due to the developement of the MC from the loner, otaku, useless, normal(often simp) he is to a better person...........though 97% of the time i lost my patience of reading how they act(simping most of the time) when it comes to women at the point i want to rip the dimensional walls and beat them up to make them understand, but often i think a bit more carefully(after my wrath has increased without limit and have achieved some sort of enlighment) sometimes some of the MC have serious issues to deal so that they could act better when it come to women, most of the time is due to women treating the MC as if he was garbage or a really lack of confidence(sometimes extreme) due to comparing themselves with the usually "perfect" heroine or some trauma of the past and i know that issues like this are very hard to deal with, especially on your own, so i can understand or rather tolerate more the MC......of course, i have limits, if the MC exceed it i will stop reading that novel or if don't like something else.
    To be honest if there is a good development in the MC i believe i can withstand the simping....i have limits though....

Actually, the majority of the MC develop due to meeting the heroine and falling in love with her and start to change due meeting them more due to reasons(plot) or due to wanting to be close to them, but honestly i'm starting to get a bit tired to see the same pattern, i really want to see one where the MC changes for the better without falling in love with anyone.

16. Nagisa11

Nagisa11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god! I especially hate those strong fmc’s who become so weak and needs saving! Like I did not just read 300 worth of chapters to see the strong , independent fmc become so weak the moment she lays eyes on the ml! Like it’s an instant drop for me.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  17. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yes double standards do exist so honestly where's the surprise lol. I don't really hate them but there's always a fine line between immaturity and just mere naivety.

18. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I want my mc's to have the same amount of basic respect to everyone and that includes themselves:blobsalt:

19. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link

Well that doesn’t mean we have to like it nor deny our want for a change.

Lois. likes this.
  20. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope I usually avoid harem or romance genre so I don't meet any protagonist like that......
    Is kazuma a simp ??? I don't think so.... He's just a pervert...