Question Douluo dalu 5

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Shaiole, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan of doulou dalu here. Is dd5 real or is it just a fan fic? Title is rebirth of tangsan. I read some bad translations online(almost mlt but edited maybe).
    Tho its not in douluo continent any more maybe it shouldn't be dd5?

2. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    GASP! More Soul Land?

3. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Its real.

Untitled.png

Most likely wont get official translation tho. DD4 is flop in QI (stopped translating around 200 or 300 chapter). And htl group wouldnt dare to touch this novel.

4. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    I assumed that there were only four "books" of Douluo Dalu.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    why flop?
    only read the first series before lost interest toward the genre on general~

6. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of 2018, author (who just lost his wife and have to take care his 2 kids) released DD4 and tell that this will be last / final (hence the title use 终极).

September 2020 IQIYI released trailer of "The Land of Miracles" 3d animation (at this time DD4 light novel* almost completed). The studio said this animation story is from TJSS.

When DD4 web novel* finished author release DD5 light novel*. He also told The Land of Miracles will be important point between DD5 and DD6. This comes with more trailer for the 3d animation. And yes, you read it correctly "Doulou Dalu 6" :sweating_profusely:

*TJSS release light novel first and then webnovel version is released between 2 volume.

Blitz and SylviaViolet like this.
  7. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    He literally doesn't know when to stop.......:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
    It started getting kind of draggy already by DD3. But at least 3 more books after DD4 is pushing it too much....

Blitz likes this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:
    Yeah, Planning new parts in advance too. Talk about beating a dead horse:sweating_profusely:

I liked his other novels like skyfire avenue too

SylviaViolet likes this.
  9. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Child of Light and Skyfire Avenue were pretty good. He should reeeaaally consider moving on and writing new books.... At this point, apart from those who love DD a lot, no one's going to read the new ones.

10. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow i didnt even finish dd2

perhaps the anime killed it for me giving the stuff a steampunk/high tech vibe and the forced comical undertone
    while reading it it was a low tech/mediaval world for me
    dd2 might have more tech but the anime if far from dd2
    as far as i got it author was involved in the anime so it seems im incompatible with authors intentions ...

11. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished those two too and liked them. The others in the same universe, i liked the manga but i was too lazy to continue them and only read the few chapters that was available at at time, then i forgot they exists until I read dd3.5.

DD 1: was cool. A bit light but it was one of my first CN, standards werent too high
    DD 2: kinda dropped it but continued when translations were completed. Its not a hidden gem or anything but it was enjoyable.
    DD 3: Only read the start but it was a bit boring, but too early too judge.
    DD 4: 400 chaptersn in. I think its more or will be more interesting than other 3. Have high hopes. Though reading this kinda spoiled me with dd3
    What is dd6 about lol? New kids/ grandkids?

But isnt there a translating group that currently do dd4? It updates everyday

12. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of forced myself to go through DD3 and now I don't really have the motivation to read DD4. People say it's good, but that's what people told me about the third one XD.

The main attraction of DD was always the concept, which is pretty interesting. Once that started getting old, the books started getting boring. DD2 had something new to add at least, but the third one was kind of bland.