Recommendations MC that is NOT a simp/beta/horndog.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Greenmachine835, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Malgnad

Malgnad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it does pick up. I would also have to agree that the beginning is fairly dry for the sake of world building and because he starts off weak. However towards the end of, and definitely after he leaves the first city Tingen and goes to Backlund, the story becomes considerably more interesting. And when he gets a pretty crucial advancement out at sea, imo that's when he starts to become extremely interesting and powerful. Overall a top tier story with excellent plot, world building, characterization, and no stupid villains. There's a good reason that it remained near or at the top of the rankings while it was ongoing!

Greenmachine835 likes this.
  2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at this list. https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/20556/ . It has everything you requested. I personally recommend Netheril's Glory and Reincarnation Paradise. I simply won't play by the book is good as well.

3. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ames. The dragon empress. Hila also like him but it seems that she doesn't have any plans because Ames got there first.

4. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you say he has a few subordinates? Also that he is fairly ruthless?

Thanks

5. Malgnad

Reading List:
    Link
    In a sense, yes he does have quite a few subordinates, but most of them are more akin to comrades and friends than true subordinates. In terms of ruthlessness, he's not one of those anti-heroes or bloodthirsty ones but he is ruthless in that he won't let off his enemies and is perfectly okay with murder. However it has to be remembered that his powers in this story are based around preparations and planning so you won't see much of him curb stomping enemies with pure power. Though in my opinion, the more intelligence based combat is more satisfying as you know it is the main characters talents at work and not just plot armor and accumulation from treasures. Plus the villains are also using their brains so they appear more impressive and more impressive to beat

6. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    But like the Throne of Magical Arcana does he become powerful enough to take enemies head on?

7. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't know if you ever heard of Emperor's Domination that novel's a bit unique. Heh... Li Qiye is domineering & OP a massacre is also not rare for him, everything depends on his whims & mood etc., but him being bullied I don't think so & don't even dare to think of that. Those who truly cross/offend, anger him definitely end up miserable, same to those harm his followers! Well he's secretly a bit off an immoral tsun sometimes, especially when he's messing around with ants...xD He's pretty much a taboo existence & calamity for some.

There's also God Of Slaughter, that MC is also quite ruthless & brutal... No mercy to females.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  8. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does fanfiction count? I know one where the mc literally stab and kill the potential heroine and didn’t give much of a fuck about it

9. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that one-and he was quite domineering-I just found he gave the females far more extra chances. As for God Of Slaughter-he should have been the God of Horniness(hell he literally did a finger attack). But I appreciate the comments tho-so thank you

Yes as long as it isn’t on hitatus

10. Malgnad

Reading List:
    Link
    Simply put, yes. He eventually gets to the point where he is feared through out the beyonder world and can usually fight head on even in unexpected situations. But he will always be at his best when he has time to scheme against his enemies.