Can anyone check if my procedure for add release was right

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Spidey, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there.
    I am a newbie translator and just yesterday put my chapter to add release so just wanna confirm if I'm doing it right since I just checked I should not add part 1 like in chapter title.
    Volume 1 Chapter 1
    Chapter 1 – Salt-god Sato-san
    Part 1
    That's my chapter title.part 1 is h3,so should I remove part 1 for now for it to get update or it will not be a problem?

And second question
    I have another series which I want in add release "kou 1 desu ga" but since it already have someone translating before but stopped at chapter 3, would I need to take some special procedure or I can just like usual process give it a category/tag along with chapter title and add it for release since I am going to translate it from starting.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno what h3 means, but I think there should be no problem with that.
    If you're gonna translate from chapter 1, then you just need to add release like normal.

3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are planning to put it into multiple parts for each chapter (For example:
    Volume 1 Chapter 1
    Part 1
    Volume 1 Chapter 1
    Part 2
    and so on)

then you should keep "part 1" (or any number). For your second question, if you are planning to translate starting from scratch then you can just add release like normal. However, if you are planning to upload starting from where they left off, then you need to ask them for permission and I would suggest adding in a little note for your readers about you taking over with permission from the old translator.

4. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    h3 stands for header 3 probably. One of the special tags in html. With h1 being the biggest going down to h5. If anything, h3 or h4 are the most common as the default style of h1 is just huge.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like Tama saga mentioned h3 stands for header 3.and yeah I'm planning for parts release.the reason I asked for it to know if adding part 1 will affect my approval of chapter.
    About second part,yeah I'm planning to start from scratch.previous translator left it at volume 1 chapter 3 and since 3 or 4 years there isn't any updates.

6. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh, I’m not quite sure if it actually affects your approval of the chapter. I think it should not though. But, besides that you’re good to go. Looking forward to it!