Discussion Irrational dislike

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Jun 11, 2021.

?

Do you try to make a good first impression?

1. Yup, I try to not look like a snob at least

31.3%
  2. Yah, I try my best to show my best front!

21.9%
  3. Nope, there would not be a deep connection anyway

6.3%
  4. No, I don't give a fridge about anybody

6.3%
  5. I AVOID PEOPLE!!!

18.8%
  6. Me shy-type

34.4%
  7. others

3.1%
  8. *noms skullie on first meeting*

21.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl:
    *sad brother noises*
    I think siblings could be annoying, but at the end of the day, it's still okay-ish annoying

idlereader likes this.
  2. Vandille

Vandille Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh , as long as it isn't something like ' I bought a million dollar house because I wanted to ' type of flaunting then posting it on their socials , I once saw a person brag about being able to buy a gun by streaming , started pointing it at the phone , and pressed the trigger , like what's the thought process ? It annoys me to think they were even allowed to buy a gun , then I realized it was america..

3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing someone who can't stop emphasizing that they were the top of the class during his high schools days. always the busybody during group projects too. Come college though, he had trouble keeping up.

ANonMouse and aintg like this.
  4. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I had someone I irrationally dislike. People want to believe everyone need a reason to do stuff but in reality more often than not people do stuff because they want it.

People always judge people by their cover. If they say they don't, they are lying. We can be as neutral as possible but we still thnk about of our first impression of that people we just meet. It's important do give some benefit of doubt but sometimes is not as easy.

ANonMouse and aintg like this.
  5. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same intuition . First day in college I disliked about 10 people out of the 50 I befriended . I can say it is almost instinct that saves you from danger or harm socially or physically

6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes... I dislike people because of their looks (like wearing only a bra and sweatpants to school 0.o or wearing gangster-y type clothes and smoking... I stay away and dislike, because they're so different from me that I just wanna avoid them) or other really shallow reasons, but usually I have a reason for disliking through then that came through interaction- like they're annoying or something like that.

7. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I think I can relate to this one. I don't really like my eldest sister, no matter how many times I try to understand her perspective and thought process. Like, yeah, I don't know the trigger, really. We got along fine until perhaps around the time I was in middle school. But then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. I even went as far as avoiding too much interaction with her. Now I can be civil around her, but she still annoys me so much.

In another story, I once greeted a complete stranger on a bus, only to find out once I got off that he'd stolen my phone. Lol.

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much of disliking someone before meeting them, but I got scared of some beggars some times due to the way they behaved, does that count?

9. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coulda been your meetcute if you chased after him ;p

I'd probably rather call it instinctual dislike rather than irrational. There's usually good reasons you subconsciously dislike someone at first sight, they just don't consciously appear unless you sit down and analyze yourself. I 100% agree with saying that it's important to give benefit of doubt and try not to be affected by your initial impressions, but I will also say that yea, usually that initial dislike is very well deserved.

aintg likes this.
  10. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I... hate people who tries to solve others problem... Can that be considered as a irrational disliking???

11. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens a lot, but it's more of a "Better not associate myself with them, they seem dangerous"

12. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof. No, lol. Sorry for not stating it clearly, but that person was an old guy and I was just doing it out of pure courtesy. People still call me naive whenever the topic is brought up. :notlikeblob:

ANonMouse likes this.
  13. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the eyes for me. It's always the eyes. Just don't, roll your eyes and just so obviously sweep your gaze through me then ignore me by saying hi to someone beside me dammit.

14. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I dislike your brother I told him we didn’t have enough change but he refused to use a smaller note to pay with he’s bullying me a humble innocent shopkeeper look I even took a picture of him he even stole your hoodie
    72D70F9E-A62B-4B67-AB3B-98AA614EC284.jpeg

15. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I tend to stay from ppl who give me weird vibes. But I don’t get irrationally angry. I don’t tend to have emotions much so yeah. Idk I never experienced it.

16. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to avoid most people If I don't like them or the vibe they give off
    And since I'm quiet irl I rarely do talk and majority of the time my friend does the talking, so I spend a lot of time just observing others tbh so I know who to avoid.

17. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna give emote reactions huhuhu
    Guess I got too addicted to Disc