Feel bad for the villain

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IceLight303, Jun 11, 2021.

1. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read or watched anything that makes you fill bad for the bad guys? I just read a story about a demon of wealth who isn't actually that smart. He gets scammed buy the hero's three times, using fairly common scams. High interest loans, sending over their assets to a fake firm and the Nigerian prince scam. The villain was annoying at best but now their broke and out of a home.
    Any time anyone feel bad for the villain? Why, what happened to them?

I know I wrote fill instead of feel....I don't know why it changed to that.

2. HentaiHero

HentaiHero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is this manhwa "I’m berserk to upgrade" where due to the MC 'system' he needs to save the maid multiple times so he forces the "bad guys" to keep bullying her so he can satisfy the 'system' mission. I feel bad for the mobs as they have to suffer through abuse against an overpowered MC. I mean I know it's supposed to funny but seeing an overpowered MC beating up nobodies is kinda sad. I just don't like arrogant overpowered MC.

IceLight303 likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh like the Joker movie?

fumu it good movie~

IceLight303 likes this.
  4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i actively despise most attempts to humanize the villains. Rarely do they get it right and you're left in this awkward situation where the author wants you to sympathize with the poor tryhard villian. If only he didnt enjoy eating babies fresh from the womb, he would be a really great guy....

Oddly enough, i have little issue with Villians as the star of the movie. Most of the time they dont try to sugar coat their crimes or their motives.

IIboxmanII and IceLight303 like this.
  5. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That boyfriend from the Bee Movie.

IceLight303 likes this.
  6. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only villains I feel pity for are the ones who would've won and killed the dumb mcs but failed or died due to plot armour. A real tragedy. May their souls rest in piece and reincarnate to,torment people without plot armour. So Manu dumb mcs would die DOZENS of times (no exaggeration) without plot armour. Plot armour is fine an all but at least try. The villains try at least. These mcs just make dumb decisions on a daily basis and get away with it. Wish I had plot armour in real life. Could go Rob a bank and not.A.caught while openly posted pictures of myself on social media with piles of.money and my vacation spots as well bragging about it while I'm being recorded. Plot armour would protect me as I lived my lavish life.

Lol I forget about that movie but I watched a pitch meeting with Ryan George with it so I remember it. poor guy, lost his human woman to a bee. And she was a looker too by cartoon standards.

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a villain?

IceLight303 likes this.
  8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None (yet) for mangas, manhwas, manhuas and/or novels. But for movies, sometimes I feel bad for the Sticky Bandits from Home Alone 1 & 2 (yeah, I laughed at them, but I do feel sorry for them to be outsmarted by a kid)
    For animes: sometimes I feel bad for some people who were +/- actually "good guys" or "quite decent ones" who were on the "wrong teams" of the Gundam series & got killed, such as Ramba Ral (Gundam), Norris Packard (08th MS Team) & Bernie (War in the Pocket)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    IceLight303 and 0000000 like this.
  9. IIboxmanII

IIboxmanII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes but only if the villain was only an annoyance to the MC and others like the demon your talking about (pretty sure I know who it is) was scammed out of house and home but it was shown how he utilized devils and magic to tear families apart and scam pretty girls to be his servants for all of entirety so he can suck it. He was a minor annoyance to the MC and good looking but I don't sympathize with villains or MC that are horrible to side characters

IceLight303 likes this.
  10. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes? He is portrayed as one. His fault being, he had something which everyone else in the movie lacked: common sense.