Discussion To The Eternity

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by reizleigh, Jun 8, 2021.

1. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Any thoughts about To The Eternity? Does the author likes to hurt his viewers? ;( he killed the guy who Jooan/Fushi-chan first encountered I thought they would reach their goal destination but then-- I cried when he died... Then the second encountered was the young girl who was about to be sacrificed but saved her got also died!
    ... I just hope that the masked little guy won't also die this time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its too sad.

qpzmal likes this.
  2. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duplicate post?

I read the To Your Eternity manga so I have spoilers...I'll put them here. Of course, most of this is in the wiki as well.
    ~*BIG SPOILER WARNING*~
    Gugu (the masked character) also dies, as will characters in the future. Some from accidents (Gugu dies fighting the antagonists), some from natural causes like age. But all of them are pretty angsty.

More (later) spoilers:
    In any case, they end up being revived. Apparently MC gains the ability to replicate people as well later on in the story. Some people, including me, felt that this kind of cheapened their deaths, but, well, the story is the story, and I'm still glad to see the characters again.

Yes, author likes drama and tragedy. It's part of the charm *cries inside*. Still, it's a really good series because what drama and tragedy is in it is done pretty well. It's one of those insightful mangas.

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for suggesting me what anime to avoid.

4. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Its too heartbreaking:cry: when the nameless guy died It breaks my heart.. He didn't even know the taste of sweet and fruits:cry::cry:

Its nice to watch just heartwrecker

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  5. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I could never really get into the manga, there is just something about the way the author dramatizes characters that doesn't sit well with me, something I also had an issue with in A Silent Voice.

6. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I also felt the same, but I think it worked out better in anime adaptations. I think it just feels very forced in manga format because of how unnatural the mood was created. Maybe because we know more can be developed in its original version vs anime adaption which will have time constraints

Nimroth likes this.
  7. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone dies he becomes a old famous immortal then people call him evil for living forever and trap him in a metal box by pouring hot steel on him till it hardens then he escapes stuff happens he goes to war against the seeds that eat souls brings back the dead it got kinda boring so I stopped reading oh he gets betrayed by someone as well

8. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    To Your Eternity is interesting. I haven't read the manga so all I know is what has happened in the anime. And I'm somewhat behind in the anime too so it's too early for me to say if it's good yet. So far it's intriguing enough for me to keep watching though I understand it's survival anime (not the easiest genre). One thing I'd like to see going forward is longer arcs. So far what I've seen the story arcs have been very short. I'd like to the story to stick around more of other characters apart from the MC as he isn't that interesting so far.

9. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he stay innocent and pure until the end?