Spoiler The Villainous Princess Wants to Live in a Cookie House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 10, 2021.

1. yeojqs

yeojqs Member

Reading List:
    Link
    alexei's father is called nikolai. emporor mikhail thought that nikolai, who was the crown prince at the time was not fit to become emperor because he was weak and sensitive. aisha's dad, yuriev, was the youngest prince and he didn't sign with a spirit king unlike nikolai (who made a contract with fafnir, the fire spirit king) but he was the brightest/most intelligent so he was favoured by the emperor. nikolai's death happened when the emperor tried to make yuriev the crown prince. after nikolai realised his father's change of mind, he threw himself into a fire and yuriev left the imperial palace, enraged at his father (the emperor) for leaving his eldest brother to die. afterwards, the emperor kicked out all the other princes from the palace and when alexei (nikolai's only son), signed a contract with fafnir, he appointed him as crown prince.

2. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nikolai killed himself just because he wouldn't be the crown prince? He left his son and wife just for that?
    I suppose no one was watching while he killed himself or they weren't able to save him or sth.

3. roshiku

roshiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Nikolai had a lot of burdens as the crown prince because as the eldest he was known as the crown prince and he even sign with a spirit king so the stage and expectation were much higher. I believe he didn't have enough support to become the crown prince that he and everyone expected and your sibling being your competition is not going help his mental states. When the emperor decided to make Yuriev, the "better" candidate the crown prince, he probably did the logical thing as an emperor but as a father, he betrays both Nikolai (he was expected to be crown prince) and Yuriev (felt betrayed because emperor cause/allow Nikolai to die). That why Nikolai committed suicide and Yuriev rebel against the emperor by running away.

4. NoirB

NoirB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And after that, the emperor used Yuriev's only daughter (his granddaughter) as a catalyst to keep Alexei on his toes and step up his game to be the next emperor? :hmm:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  5. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we can say that he's a good emperor, but a terrible father. Unless he had some other reason or motive for keeping her in the palace.

Elisee, ariane09, yukihibari and 6 others like this.
  6. dragonslair

dragonslair Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you <3

Lola_Neres, harmoniche and Tobbit like this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! Will also be part of the crew asking when MC reunites with her parents. Also, asking on the rest of the relatives (particularly those specified names mentioned alongside the male cousin)
    Lastly, I might be mixing this with another one of my reading list, but I believe an elf slave-ish was mentioned earlier to be given to MC? Or am I thinking of another series? Because I remember CP suggesting gramps what to do about said elf and gramps instead of falling for CPs uhh... somehow sus claims, apparently instead aims to gift said elf to MC later on

8. gingerbread21

gingerbread21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers about the ml and mc??

9. Fifiushka

Fifiushka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Sorry for the mistakes, I'm from Russia. I noticed that you call Anastasia "Asha". It is not right. "Nastya" or "Asya" will be correct. We don't even have that variant of the name. Trust me, soft variations of the name are very important to us.
    Does it have something to do with Korean spelling? Or something more familiar to native English speakers? Russian translators sometimes clearly distort European names in Korean pronunciation.
    I did not notice such mistakes with other names. Yes! "Asha" is a mistake, even if the heroine is called that in the original.

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience ...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  10. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dw it’s not an inconvenience! I think this was an interesting thing to learn. Thanks for sharingblobmelt_thumbs

avlirea likes this.
  11. donaiseiyuu

donaiseiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is random but my Russian friend's name is Anastasia and her short form nickname is Anya... Is that not the common short form?

I agree Asha sounds weird though. It might be a romanization issue. I think Nastya might be hard to spell in Korean/Japanese lol!

Lola_Neres likes this.
  12. Fifiushka

Fifiushka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is due to the fact that your friend does not like the sound of "Nastya". My sister prefers Asya. This is the first time I hear about "Ana". Anya is an abbreviated form of the name Anna. Sometimes "Anya" is used as a separate name, but this is a modern trend. If your friend introduces herself to someone in the CIS countries as "Anya" without explaining that her name is "Anastasia" ... then when her full name becomes something famous, it will surprise many. But everyone will call her whatever suits her. I don't think this is a big problem.

For clarity, I will write all the names in Russian:
    Анастасия - Настя - Ася (аНАСТасиЯ - нАСтЯ - АСЯ)
    Анна - Аня (I don’t know, maybe “Anya” is harder to say than “Anya”? No, this is just a joke. It's just that "Anya" sounds much softer than "Anna". When you say "Anna", it seems that now you are starting to swear.)

Life hack: add "ushka" to all of them and you already have a tender nickname in the Russian style. Attention! Sometimes this life hack fails ~
    Nastasyushka, Annushka, Elenushka, Agafyushka, Daryushka, Irinushka...

I hope I have written clearly. I have only been studying English for five months.

13. donaiseiyuu

donaiseiyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for this interesting information!

And wow your English is so good. I have been studying English for so many years but yours is still better than mine lol.

I will ask her next time I see her!

avlirea and GeeDy08 like this.
  14. Kthp

Kthp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the explanation! I was wondering why “Alexei” became “Alyosha.” It seems like an attempt “Alushka.”

(Your english is great!)

avlirea likes this.
  15. Fifiushka

Fifiushka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alexei" is the full name. You can gently "Alyosha" or "Lesha". But even in Russia there are people who perceive “Alyosha” as “Alexandra” (“Sasha”), but this is usually a glitch in the matrix. Heh. By the way, it's funny, but in Moscow I met a girl, her name is Alexa, she is from France. We called her "Asya" or "Lyolya" (this is also affectionately "Alexey" and a few other names). We named her that because she liked it.
    "Russian" names came from Ancient Greece along with baptism. I think everyone knows this, we just have reductions that are not in other countries.
    Hmmm, this is interesting, now I want to know more names of other countries and affectionate nicknames... I hope that my pen pals will help me :з

(You flatter me)
    Thanks for talking to me.

16. The Blue Moon

The Blue Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm sorry, i wanna dm you for sending me the raw of this novel, but the conversation is not available in your profil . So what should i do to contact you?:notlikeblob:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  17. roastedmilktea

roastedmilktea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm tling it rn, but it won't let me link anything sdlfksdj

would you be able to send me the raws?

Yuukiyuki and Tobbit like this.
  18. The Blue Moon

The Blue Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry i didnt mean that :notlikeblob:. I mean I ask she/he to send me the raw, bcs i wanna MTL this novel :hmm::blobsneeze:. If you wanna send the link you should have 5 post, and if you've already translate this, can you send me the link of your translation ? :cookie: I will dm you

Qoer and Yuukiyuki like this.
  19. twenyfour

twenyfour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it somewhere that og anastasia was manupulated by blonde marquis. Can someone explain it in detail?