LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to look far to figure that out. History makes that quite clear, simply look at World War 2. Then add magic fuckery to the mix. Lube the magic fuckery with the thoughts of a delusional god that is 100% proven to exist, and mix in fanatics. Congratulations, you've learned that the Aperture Science Enrichment Center is a wonderful place to live in comparison.

2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it has Cake ;)

3. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They did just emphasize that none of the people he brought with him actually are considered races of Vida. Obviously it shouldn't make a difference given that they're intelligent, calmly speak to people and are breaking no laws, but he isn't actually treating what he considers to be races of Vida as animals. The point being made here might be that even modern day devout followers of Vida may not have values that properly line up with what Van is trying to accomplish. I don't think the story has really emphasized that Vida's church as practiced in her absence is quite a bit more narrowminded than they appear, though they mention it on rare occasions.

There's one thing that makes me hesitate to think this might be a breeding program, by the way, even though that's the natural guess we pretty much all came to. Namely, he brings up Juliana first, who even with accelerated growth is too young for that. Myuze and so on are only brought up afterwards in an 'oh yeah he mentioned you guys too' kind of way. Wouldn't the natural way to speak of it switch the subjects? Myuze and so on are actually capable of reproducing right now and Juliana is not.

Side note, does Juliana have a rank or is she like Pauvina and she just counts as a 'human' race? I honestly can't remember and I'm kinda feeling too lazy to look back like ten or twenty chapters looking.

Edit: Actually I guess Privel and Gizania are known to be Vida races. I dunno.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  4. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arachne and Scylla are known as Vida races. Empusa like Myuze and the ghouls are not. Juliana as well is basically just a monster that could be considered a Vida race taking how she was born into account but not like the guild leader would know any of that.

DragonkingKyo likes this.
  5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's functionally a beast person (assuming she doesn't have a rank, I don't remember) but I think since they aren't passing her off as one this time but rather claiming she's a minotaur maybe this is setup for including intelligent monsters like noble orcs and high kobolds in the discussion. Because modern Vida followers definitely don't consider orcs people, but now we have an intelligent 'minotaur' that is clearly a person, no matter what the law says.

6. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember Juliana is an mutation that became an "female Minotaur" on an race know to be male only so outside her age it is not weird for an militaristic oriented person that only see the monster as tools to think of breeding her, I mean who know what kind of child her mutation could make? Of you can get more females Minotaur you could easily make an army of minotaurs trained since childhood into soldiers for tamers. At least I can see him having that mentally and it totally disregard the possibility of monsters having any kind of feelings or rational thinking outside their primal instinct.

So on that note letting monster that go with their instinct and using them as weapon is like fighting fire with fire they just wish to fight and kill anyway (DK made them that way) but if those same monster show will to have an peacefull life and no intention of fighting why must they be slaved and made to fight against their wishes?

Btw it should be noted that once an monster have been tamed they tend to loose a lot of their agressive nature but not all so extremely aggressive or strong monsters can still be dangerous like Giants or Minotaur at least that is what the novel have show so far

Shaman Ray likes this.
  7. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    How is everyone?

8. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm currently getting ready to brutally torture and murder a guy (or a girl, or whatever gender you have) who gave me false hopes.

ZeroR18 and zerol1 like this.
  9. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just summon van-sama he can do it way better?

Pd: just pray like I do everyday for new chapter

10. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I about to see a summary of the ark (the furros movie) when I find this
    So what do you think, the fifteenth is the charm?
    Also, to talk about something related to the thread, you who think, Vandeliu's taste for sleeping under water, in the cells of the jeena bees and within the legion is simply his eccentricity, a desire to stay united to something or part of his mother complex and he without knowing wants to return to the womb?

Baldingere likes this.
  11. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say a bit of the first 2 options. It also doesn't help much that a lot of the entities around him can literally carry him around like a plushie. And frequently do so as well. I also think it fills that deep desire to fill that sleep-over need that every kid gets at least for a bit.

12. Zamzukan

Reading List:
    Link
    My evil plan worked
    :blobowoevil_horns:

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not like anyone is posting Rick Roll links made to look like new chapter links...

Or worse, Van X Heinz Yaoi Fan fiction links...

14. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is more horrifying than a thousand eldritch horrors!

Heinz has done a lot, and I mean a lot of things that merit people wanting to kill him, but being a raging pedophile that wants to sex up an underage boy, and one whose mother he murdered at that...

That's a level of depravity even Riley wouldn't stomach, and he's the only one of the original party to not even feel the tiniest pangs of guilt for killing a woman for the "crime" of being the mother of an infant and leaving said infant in some ruins to starve to death...

15. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edgar doesn't actually feel bad either. He's just going along with Heinz on this because he likes Heinz. And technically I don't think we even know for sure what Delizah thinks though I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

16. Zamzukan

Reading List:
    Link
    Great news eveyone.
    Has anyone of you heard of the Covid19 LAMBDA variant
    Hmmmmmmmm. It's kinda sus :blobhyperthink:

The great name of the world of DM is spreading at viral speed

tirirism and Baldingere like this.
  17. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a new trick by an Alda flunky to discredit Van sama. Ignore it.

18. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been rereading the novel again, and something is bugging me. We've talked about Van being the god of death mana, but realistically can he? Death mana is not a mainstream type so to rule over it he would have to spread it exponentially until a significant percentage of people can inherit it. I think he would be closer to a god of creation, or god chaos. God of shotas? God of mothercons? The only living god in history to be an equipable plushie. No doubt his statue will become a golem anyway.

Paps and Eddy andres like this.
  19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think managing the death attribute might have two basic effects. First, it makes the local circle of reincarnation run smoother. People will still die even without someone making sure death is working, after all. Second, it may cause people to start being born with the death attribute, the origin of which is unclear but does not seem to occur naturally in the worlds that we have seen. Not that it's an impossible form of magic, but just that people don't get it for some reason.

20. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The Collosus of Talosheim, just animated enough to keep a fingertip over the peephole of the gods, no matter where they move it to.

Paps and Darquesse like this.