Spoiler My House of Horrors

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aina Seira, Dec 2, 2018.

1. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, it's all but confirmed that Chen Ge is just like Fan Yu and Men Nan: he has a specter version of himself behind that door that bears all his suffering and despair. The biggest difference is that it is heavenly implied that the Chen Ge we know is actually the "evil" version of himself while the "good" version is hiding in the haunted house of the Scarlet City since someone or something is trying to kill him.

There are six: Zhang Ya, Ghost Fetus, Faceless Doctor, Doctor Gao, and other two Demon Gods from Xin Hai Hospital.

Eva832 likes this.
  2. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Has doctor gao been confirmed as a demon god? I always thought that he has some kind of mutations... Then does this means that someone that is "alive" can very well turn into a demon god?

3. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO at amnesiac Chen Ge meeting Zhang Ya for the first time and saying 'Have we ever met before?' and 'I feel like you are very important to me'. Those are some second rate pick-up lines. Even funnier is how it somehow worked.

Doctor Gao is dead.

4. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda forgot this part. I thought he flee to the red city and turned into some sort of mutant monster :blobdizzy:

5. imawitch

imawitch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dr gao already turned into a demon god. I remember last time we saw him, he was banging on the door of the red house when chen ge was chasing the female water ghost.

6. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    It was frustrating as fuck to see Chen Ge without his memories and powerless against Xin Hai Hospital for so long, but seeing him going apeshit after the hospital took Zhang Ya away from him, was so damn satisfying!

7. StillALittleBoy

StillALittleBoy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey, i just read at a site that ch 1210 is the last... but the end ending is so sudden that i don't know what to do?? like, chen ge finds his kind thoughts and he tells chen ge that he will be the last to leave the blood city. the last mission chen ge got ( a real one and not a trial) was a five star but it never reached there and the chap says book ended after he collected the rewards for cursed hospital, wakes his parents and proposes zhang ya.

But then what about kind thoughts and the last mission ??

Someone tell me that there is a part two....:cry:

Charcoaledwhiskers likes this.
  8. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn ghost fetus story was so sad...

9. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this book really completed ?? Since it is too sudden!

10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone explain the ending? i stopped around the time it got banned at chapter 665.

11. TheLazyBastard

TheLazyBastard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

12. Zyraph

Zyraph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can eleborate on this part? Why was he powerless and why the hell did they take Zhang Ya? The ending?

13. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    • Cheng Ge went to Xin Hai Hospital to fulfill the last four-star mission but fell into a trap made by two Demon Gods. They erased his memories, made him believe he was a mental patient and that the whole thing about ghosts was just his delusions, and sent him to a fake world. Even without his memories, Chen Ge didn't trust the hospital, and with the help of a ghost that he had planted as a spy and one of the guys that were kidnapped together with him he managed to be released from the hospital after being treated.
    • In the fake world that they created there was a fake Zhang Ya, and that Zhang Ya worked in a haunted house close to the hospital (The real Zhang Ya used her powers to influence the fake Zhang Ya, so she wasn't just an NPC). Chen Ge managed to meet the fake Zhang Ya while he was in the hospital, and after he was discharged he started to work in the same haunted house as Zhang Ya. He was leading a happy life with her until he met Zhang Wenyu (The red specter that has a lot of ghosts inside his body).
    • Zhang Wenyu didn't lose his memories as the rest of the ghosts and told Chen Ge that living in the fake world and embracing fake happiness was part of the hospital's plan. He told Chen Ge to decide whether he would embrace the fake happiness or pursue the truth. If he chooses the latter, bad things will start to happen. After Chen Ge started to investigate and meet his ghost employees (They didn't remember about him but he still managed to gain their trust again), the haunted house was closed down, Zhang Ya's parents became ill, and in the end, they took Zhang Ya away.
    • After that Chen Ge snapped, used his own life as a price to make his ghost employees recover their memories, gathered all of them, and went to the hospital. There, he managed to recover his memories, destroyed the fake world, and returned to reality where the real Zhang Ya was fighting on her own against two Demon Gods. After that, we have the fight against the Demon Gods, Chen Ge finding his parents, and the whole explanation of the mysteries about Chen Ge's past, the black phone, and the Scarlet City.

kkgoh, Cyanhart, Miki T and 3 others like this.
  14. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the story behind Chen Ge's parents, the black phone and the hostpital?

15. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the ending when Chen Ge propose Zhang Ya to marry him and she accept it<3

I thought that Zhang Ya will choose to become a human but she reject it.

16. Hell_me

Hell_me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So even this novel got webnovel curse of unsatisfying ending. Somehow most of novel that I read got this unsatisfying ending.....

Anyways the author got new works, the tittle is 我会修空调 .

So far I read (chapter 5) it's horror but more sci-fi elements, probably to circumstances the censorship issues. Idk I just started reading. It's only been 29 chapters a the time I write this.

Edit: it's a bit promising. The mc feel more human than Chen ge (well consider Chen ge true nature I might stretch it) so far.

Imo the author writing style got better and more natural so far. Idk if they gonna do MHoH chapter stretching.

Again considering some SciFi elements (presumably) in it there should be no fear for censorship (I hope).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    gracecfe likes this.
  17. Novirp13

Novirp13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, hold on. Who's Xin Hai's mastermind? Is it someone we know or a completely new ghost?
    I've read the RAW, but as you may already know, english translation in RAW is atrocious, sometimes I can't understand half of it. Did I miss the Dean's identity or something? What do u mean Xin Hai's mastermind is sort of Chen Ge? There's more Chen Ge other than the Kindness and Evil one?

Also, in regard to why some people can just...split their soul, the novel explained it already. It's because they opened the door. When they open it, not only they created an alternate self at the other side of the door, they also accidentally took a part of them (or their emotion, in Chen Ge's case), creating a necessary personality to guard the door from behind

18. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel appears to have completed around C1210. Just started reading it again (picking up from C1000), translations stopped around 1135 over 9 months ago? I guess you'll have to read the raws or MTL.

The fear factor dropped off dramatically, I guess because of potential censorship issues. That said, I thought the ghost fetus arc's pivot to the humanism of the ghosts (their origin stories and people around them) was quite impressive though.

The single-dad who had to support his kid was particularly amazing, along with all the disabled children's perspective of the world around them. A deaf child causes Chen Ge to experience "deafness" and be unable to detect the monsters behind the door. Social commentary about income inequality where poverty-stricken family was ostracized by people around them.

byebye likes this.
  19. BitterDaisy

BitterDaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the whole novel yet. But i am very curious. Why did chen pushed so many doors? What was the reason? His family and life seemed rather happy.
    What could be reason for his despair?
    And at the end of the tunnel, the child chen was targeted by who?
    What's really special about chen ge....

20. Be autiful

Be autiful Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I answer this question, I will spoil the hole story for you.. please be patient and read it