Did you hear about this it’s shocking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raven Evernight, Jun 11, 2021.

?

This was over the top right?

1. Yes he could have killed her

75.0%
  2. Other explain if you don’t agree it was over the top

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    896932E8-B716-4C2A-934E-B2F93A4538C4.jpeg

it’s not political I’m only sharing it cause I found it shocking and I’m contemplating learning to drive but this scares the hell out of me

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    That's one expensive abortion. :blobwoah:

p.s. when the video ended they recommend another bit of news and it's about an eclipse 'ring of fire' they call it, what can't call it the Corona anymore? lol.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    reagents 11 and MangoGuy like this.
  3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she try to run away from the cops? I don't see cop trying to use pit maneuver or trying to force the car into a stop unless she was running away or putting ppl in danger.

Cars don't just flip unless she was going pretty fast or pushed the car in what looks like snow and made the car flip.

4. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    The cop was trying to pull her over for speeding she was going to park at the side and he tapped her car with his which caused her to flip over

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows, the media knows how to turn white into black and right into wrong. Anything for a good story.
    The whole perspective is milking the 'f*ck the police brutality!' , even if he was wrong, he didn't seem to hit her very hard, the swerve seemed a bit extreme in reaction. Obviously he'll argue if she blames him as he's also human and probably shocked.
    Would have to see the entire video cam to judge this fairly.

6. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On one hand, if the details in the video were right then the woman was obeying the letter of the law and the cop was being retarded, though if this narrative is true then why the hell was she speeding in the first place?

on the other hand since when were pregnant women exempt from being handled by the police in a rough manner? if a pregnant woman tried to rob a store and was roughed up would that be a cause for outrage too? speeding on a highway puts other travellers in danger and can possibly lead to their death if the driver caused an accident.

so why is she being treated like an innocent victim in all of this? and how was he supposed to know that she was pregnant anyway while chasing a speeding car? with how that was the first thing that came out of her mouth it honestly sounds like she was using her pregnancy as a shield.

I am not the biggest fan of the police myself, but you raise a good point. without the full video we are at risk of evaluating with what the media tells us rather than with the truth sadly.

Lissi, reagents 11, MangoGuy and 2 others like this.
  7. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya'll don't drive much. If your rear is pushed at that angle, you swerve outta control for awhile. Even if the cop was just trying to get her to stop, that is NOT the proper way to go about it. He could have gotten others killed because of her out of control swerving. I won't make a judgement on whether this was on purpose or not, but this is 100% not any standard police procedure. And if it was a random person pulliing that manuever, I'd 100% assume they meant to murder.

watching it again, no fucking wonder, half trained cop failed to do the PIT manuever properly. Ugh, they seriously need more training.

Welp now a baby is endangered because we won't train cops but we'll give them ex-military vehicles and equipment for "drug wars"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll reserve judgment until the full story comes out. Mainly because cars actually aren't that easy to flip over unless the cars are moving very quickly. Seeing how the police car's front is intact and the woman's rear end is in one piece, I would think that she wasn't stopping when the supposed "tap" happened. Then she lost control and ran into the guardrail.

9. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    He could have killed her and her baby!

Raven Evernight likes this.
  10. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So from what I've been hearing from multiple sources is that the woman felt it was unsafe to pull over due to the wall on the side of the highway so she turned on her four-way blinkers and slowed down till she could find a exit this is the proper response in accordance with the law not to mention women are often recommended to keep driving till the can find a will lit and populated area for their safety the officer was not satisfied with her not pulling over immediately so he reported the she was fleeing and was going to use force to stop her now according to the police guidelines a officer is not to use a PIT maneuver unless they can determine they're a danger to the officer themselves or others and they're never supposed to do it over 45mph this incident happened over 65mph the reason she flipped was because of the combination of speed and her hitting the wall the cop as fully in the wrong in this matter and the woman and her family should sue him for endangering her and her unborn child

11. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t care, shouldn’t have been doing something that caused them to be chased by cops.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wonder if his favorite disney character is judge frollo. For example

13. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sure if it was your mum, sister or daughter you’d feel the same way right? Even if they died it’s their fault right?
    I don’t know your gender so if your a woman and your pregnant and this happens to you you’ll take full responsibility right? Even if your baby died because of cause it’s your fault for speeding? If it was your pregnant wife you’d probably not care either right?

chrissy987 likes this.
  14. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. PaladinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    The cop didn't fallow the guidelines and put this woman and her unborn baby and anybody else in the vicinity in unnecessary danger the cop is fully in the wrong as far as the law is concerned she wasn't a danger to anyone and she fallowed the recommendation on how to pullover safely she would have been perfectly fine to drive another 20min if it meant she could feel safe when pulling over so long as she keeps the 4ways on and driving slowly

No it's not I'm not at all an ACAB person but this guy gives good cops a bad name

16. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure there are some good or decent cops but if you look at the news cycle to any depth it gets mighty depressing mighty quickl...

17. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it’s their own fault then it’s deserved. There’s a speed limit for reason and laws for reasons.

Trying to pull on my emotions is pathetic since all this could be avoided if people follow laws and rules. If you break them then expect consequences, but I doubt y’all could understand :blob_coffee::blob_coffee::blob_coffee:

Ai chan and Sabruness like this.
  18. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just from the shocked emoji alone I can already tell this is absolutely retarded.

19. PaladinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    There's literally millions of police interactions every year and very few of them required the use of force but the news will pick out the few bad one and harp on them for months on end but that doesn't change the truth that most cops are good decent folk does that mean you should talk to them or trust them? No but the vast majority don't want you dead and that's the truth

20. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The cop didn't follow guidelines, since the reason they pulled off that PIT maneuver thing was to get her to pull over, but supposedly she was allowed to keep on going to find a good place to pull over. So the cop did something wrong there...not to mention that their maneuver probably wasn't supposed to make the other car flip over.

There might still be some evidence they haven't shown us, as they showed the lady's side of the story but not the cop's though.

There's probably some media bias there since you don't get news reports when cops do a good job...because when they do a good job there's nothing to report.

Laws affect cops as well, that cop probably broke some rules in their handling of the situation.

I have to agree...the fact that it says "Pregnant Woman Car" instead of "Pregnant Woman's Car" also makes it lose a bit of credibility xD

PaladinWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.