I’ve been meaning to ask was this actually real?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raven Evernight, Jun 11, 2021.

Tags:
?

Did you ever write someone’s name in you death note copy?

1. Yes I wanted to kill my enemies

33.3%
  2. No I would deface my manga like that

66.7%
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the kid really get in trouble with the police over a manga? Was he punished if so how? Every now and again I see the clip for this on social media sites and I honestly can’t tell if it’s real or not E557C42B-FF63-48F8-8F17-A7A13118644A.jpeg FF869268-2756-4EE2-90BE-F1DE301670D7.jpeg

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, i'm sure it's real and he probably wrote some names of people he disliked in it. The thing is with how touchy the subject is, being a chuuni death note fan isn't really the best choice.

p.s. might want to tone down on the topics that will lead into political discussions there.

Mnotia likes this.
  3. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it illegal to do though all he did was write some names down

4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently that really got onto the news:

Anyhow, it's kind of like how making suicide jokes is inappropriate. In this case, authorities are probably overreacting but I can see why they'd be worried, only a little though. Like, they say that Death Note is "dark" and that the kid has mental health issues...

ANonMouse and elengee like this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    of course it's not illegal, it's just that there have been cases where people actually did create a list and then went through with it. Except those were less role-playish. It sounds harmless and it is, but it depends on how it's perceived, now imagine i create a list of women i want to rape and they're all actually women i have access to and not random celebrities from tv.
    Is that illegal? i doubt it, would i get into deep shit? yes, yes. Very much so.

6. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be worse. Considering that it was in the States, he could have the pictures of the people he hated on target dummies, while practicing with his dad's gun. :blobowoevil_horns:
    A list of people he wants to be harmed on a chunni Death Note notebook? Not much to worry about...:blobunsure:

7. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember it was so dramatic I thought it was fake dudes just reading manga and writing names they hint him down kids brought knives into my school and nothing and death note wasn’t even that dark the police officer was just too weak

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    There was actually a tv series on last night, something like 'manhunt' with the FBI and they had a bomber. Now, one of the people that got hurt too, was a sheriff that was mentally impaired (retarded? i know, not pc.) and a typical 'redneck'.
    You know, hunting pictures in camo with a rifle. Paperweight handgrenade novelty item.

And the team that was working the case pinned it on him with the media, twisting facts, using slur like 'The Una Bubba' , telling him to read a statement that was being recorded saying it was just for voice analysis but wanting to use it as admittance of guilt.

The guy clearly did nothing wrong in this series, but social media escalated things very quickly and it's quite scary if you compare it to actual society, news, impressions of certain folks and trying to find a culprit so they can calm down the public and get a promotion.

9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he get arrested? If not, then why is this news? This is so ridiculous for news that this could only be Onion News Network.

You're probably thinking, "OMG, this is horrible! The police are being so evil to talk to this kid just because he has a DeathNote!" but it's not really big thing. You have to think from multiple point of views.

To the kid: Dude, I'm just writing this. What's the big deal, man?
    To the teachers: This could be bad, maybe we should offer counselling?
    To the other kids: Oh my god, he's snapped! He's gonna kill us!
    To the police: Hold up there kid. Let's talk about these names you wrote. And we need to check your bag, okay?
    To the judge: Stop wasting taxpayer's money!
    The netizens: Hey remember that time when newsmen called 4chan 'a hacker'?

The students are afraid that he could carry out what he wrote. The school is afraid that it could be a mental breakdown. The police has to do something because if they don't do something and the kid end up committing school shooting, they'll be in deep water again. The media always try to blame the police for everything, it's like the police can never do anything right.

10. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He probably got bullied precisely because he's the type of kid that would own one of those cringey notebooks.

11. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    You never bought manga then?

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    *writes down BigBadBoi in notebook*

Raven Evernight likes this.
  13. BigBadBoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would I? Unless it's a great novel or something I won't buy any books. I'd rather buy a game or something. Just don't be a cringy weeb and hide your powerlevel and you'll be fine.

14. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amendment to my previous post, I didn't get the full story.

Apparently, it was "Fandom Day", so people would do cosplays an stuff to raise money. That particular student dressed as Light from Death Note and got a matching death note notebook to complete it. There have also been other cases of people getting in trouble with Death Note in school lol

I'm pretty sure this student wasn't bullied. You're making jumps in logic, there's no evidence of bullying.

Source: https://www.buckeyelakebeacon.net/articles/anime-story-gets-student-in-trouble/

Raven Evernight and elengee like this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time Shakespeare corrupted the youth , now we want them to study it. One day, we'll have larp-plays in school where they perform Death Note and they get a standing ovation for being deep. :blobsalute:

16. BigBadBoi

Reading List:
    Link
    I fear the day average shounen gets considered "deep"

17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    For the longest time making a list of student names has been a big no in school. one of my classmates in 6th grade back in 2001 got caught making a list and was called into the principle office and then they had his parent and the school cop come in and after they had him go get psyche evaluation. I think he spent 2 weeks out of school.

My first 2 years in middle school we had no dress code, but gangs and drugs were getting pretty bad including 2-3 ppl who got shanked and they decided with a dress code uniform with only 2 pockets no belts allowed no colored undershirt allowed no laced shoes either (someone was getting choked with laces). the school also put in 4 metal detectors and 5 cops and in 1 year my school was pretty much clean up of all the bad elements and drugs except this one kid who use to hide his weed inside the school pond and sold it during lunch. my school went from being D school to an A school in a year and they had all kinds of events to celebrate it.

Raven Evernight likes this.