new sleep schedule

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Old one was 10pm-6AM but I send up sleep more till 8Am then I get ready for work which is at 10AM. I’ve decided on This so I can get 4hrs in afternoon after work and four in the morning before work. But yeah I slept in lol didn’t much done in the mornings.

So I decided to put all 8hrs in the afternoon and stay up till 1am. Mostly because it’s jus’ so much better to do things at night. Like drawing, reading, and none one is using the Pc at night so it’s a plus! I could be looking some risqué references on the pc while I draw on my iPad. Best time to do that imo.

Also things are jus’ 10x more funny at night because I have to hold back my laughter. Can’t have the family waking up.

I also stay up because fukin time zones. I like staying up to chat with some friends. So yeah imma try out this sleep schedule and see how it works out for me.

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with getting some good sleep in~!

3. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah hopefully this works. I’m not a morning person so getting shot done in the morning isn’t something I can do.

Lurking and Lissi like this.
  4. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    You better have some damned good shades in your home if u wanna sleep during the afternoon. In my old room, there was a lamppost right in front of my window so there was always light in my room, which made it hard to sleep. Now in my current room, I got a ton of boxes of stuff in front of my window, so even during the daytime, it is really dark.

Grey_Angel likes this.
  5. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've worked nights before and my advice is blackout curtains and buy some earplugs or sound dampening ear phones, depending on how loud it gets during the day in your area and how sensitive you hearing is.
    because sure as anything as soon as you start to fall asleep the neighbor across the street will start practicing their drums and someone else will be mowing their lawn and the neighbors behind your house will throw a bbq party or some helicopter will be circling the area while someone else decides to clean out their car with the radio blasting so loud your windows rattle in time with the bass.

Lurking likes this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you luck. It’s probably going to be rough in the beginning, but I completely agree with the PROs. Being able to do or see whatever you want is a blessing

Lurking and Donutmindme like this.
  7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    My sleep schedule is from 6am to 1pm and then I do everything I need to do before going to work at 2pm and get out at around 7pm sometimes earlier around 5-6pm because my job isn't about how many hours you put in, but about how fast you finish your daily tasks which is great since most of the time I stay for 3hr at most since I spend 2hr extra on Tuesday's to finish some of next day's paperwork.

This lets me be free for the rest of the days and all of the night to work on my hobbies/drink with friends/or just go out at random time of the night for some nightly activities, but mostly hobbies it takes me a while before I want to see anyone (2-3 weeks of solitude). Wife understands my need for solitude and it works for us because we both are independent, but like to know there is someone around if you want to talk or something else.

Lurking and Donutmindme like this.
  8. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is. I took it for granted back when I had so much free time. Now I barely have any.
    Nice, I like sleeping midday. I’m always sleepy and tired midday no matter how much I sleep. So I miss sleeping at 1-2PM. Now I can’t since I work most of the day.

Lurking likes this.
  9. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    My schedule allows me to stay up late it suits me since I am very nocturnal and I go to sleep around 4-6am depending if I am really into whatever it is I am doing. I hated waking up at 5am to go to school. when ever I got the chance I would stay home. I usually missed 10-15 days of school every year and school would always try and threaten me about it, but my grades were always A or B in most subjects. the only time I got a C was when I was required to take art 11th grade and the regular art class was full and they put me into a magnet art class. I can't draw for shit.

Lurking likes this.
  10. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah school sucks. I never took many art classes sadly even tho it was the only thing I’m good at. I anything else I struggled a bit I guess. It was fine as long as I payed attention in class and took notes. Never studied. I wanted my free time.

Lurking likes this.
  11. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleeping schedule??? Never had them.... Tho most of the times I sleep before 1am ... But sometimes I stay awake till 3 or 4 am

Donutmindme likes this.