Spoiler Cheating men must die (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kuro_0ni, Sep 18, 2019.

1. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hope that her love is a case of the author forcing her to have these feelings, (like the FL in the previous arc, before the author took over her body) as opposed to her actually falling for the man who massacred her entire family... and threatened to do the same to her servants.

Despite her shortcomings, I have faith in the FL. Yao Niang, don't give up! Snap out of it and avenge your family! :blob_pout:

2. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    And of course she's about to do something stupid. I would be surprised if she didn't

3. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • 3 days later at the harbour, YN is wondering if there's anyone from ZZ's mansion coming to search for her - if there's none, she won't be able to run. Someone bumps into YN and knocks her veil off. FX apologises to the man. The man then tells another person to report [to ZZ] that YN is at Huai River.
    • At the mansion, the subordinates report to ZZ that YN has been spotted at Guangling district. The subordinate has sent the highly skilled guards/assassins after them, but it will take around 3 days to get there. Should they try to delay FX and YN at Guangling district?
    • ZZ remarks that they're really 'good' at running, to run to Guangling district.
    • The subordinate says that yes, since Guangling district is actually ZZ's secret turf - FX probably doesn't have a lot of information on ZZ.
    • ZZ says, fine, then let our people 'entertain' them. Anyway, I've heard that the robber is disguising himself in Huyangzhen. Once Yangyi (t/n: one of the skilled guards) has found YN and FX, tell him to deal with the robber as well.
    • ZZ then says to himself, "YN, ah, YN, don't you dare think of escaping from my grasp."
    • Back to Luxia and FX, Luxia is telling FX that ZZ has realised where she is, and now they need to shake ZZ's men off their trails. FX asks if she's referring to the man who bumped into her that morning. Luxia says yes, but then says it's strange that they didn't immediately capture them. Is there something they're planning?
    • In her head, Luxia deduces that it's probably because they found out that FX's identity, and that he's fairly skilled himself. So they're probably sending someone more skilled after them.
    • FX also reaches the same conclusion as Luxia.
    • Luxia teases FX for being scared, FX says he's not scared, he's just thinking about who ZZ will send and if they'll reach the robber in time.
    • Luxia then laughs and says that she'll protect him. This causes FX to blush and his heart to beat faster. She then adds that she doesn't want to go back to ZZ's mansion. Somehow, FX gets more flustered and declares that they'll only be able to take her away over his dead body.
    • He then goes to open the door when someone knocks. It's a servant from the inn who looks really menacing, and he gives them the bucket of hot water they wanted. FX takes the water. The 'servant' grins.
    • FX brings the water back to Luxia, tells her to let him know if there's anything she wants to eat; he'll cook for her.
    • Just as Luxia is about to wash her face with the water, FX faints. Luxia realises they've been drugged. She then pricks herself with the acupuncture needle. She realises that there's something wrong with the water, that the drug is almost odorless and undetectable. It affects FX much more than it does for her, so it's probably something meant to disarm people who know martial arts.
    • Luxia feels for FX's pulse, and says that this isn't looking good - the drug acts too quickly, even if she's able to wake him by acupuncture, in 3 days, he'll become very fatigued and weak.
    • Hamster is worried, but Luxia welcomes the challenge, saying that if they're going to play dirty, she'll return their tricks one by one.

4. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go, Luxia! Kick ZZ in his face. This guy is getting more and more disgusting as chapters goes by and he make the other trashy ML seem normal. Is doing drug and commanding people the only thing he could do? He is very manipulative so I felt like things will get more difficult later in the story.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  5. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    • The guy who had passed them the bucket of drugged water brings back-up. After checking that there's no sound coming from the room, he barges in. But Luxia's created a poisonous powder already and scatters it at them.
    • The guy and his men are affected and become weak all over. He tells her to give it up because ZZ has eyes all over the country so she can't escape.
    • Luxia taunts that she'll just wait for ZZ to actually catch her, and if he can do that, then she'll consider him capable. Inside, she thinks: thank goodness I learnt about these poisonous powders in previous worlds so I can use this against them.
    • Luxia then wakes FX up in front of the guys and tells him that she knows where the robber is, as long as they find the robber, they can bring ZZ to justice. They have to hurry before ZZ's subordinates get to the robber.
    • FX is confused, and starts to ask Luxia what she means. She hushes him and asks him to cooperate. FX blushes and shouts, "Let's go now!"
    • They escape through the window. The guy who's still drugged thinks: they already know about the robber's whereabouts - I have to tell the highly-skilled guard, Yang Yi, who's on his way here.
    • When Luxia and FX are outside, FX asks why Luxia said the stuff about knowing where the robber is when they're actually heading to Liu County to find FX's friend for information on the robber.
    • Luxia says that although FX's friend has information, he doesn't know where exactly the robber is - they'll just be wasting time trying to narrow down the location. But now, since they're being pursued by ZZ's men, they might as well play along/counter their moves as they go.
    • Luxia's plan is to make ZZ's men go and find the robber (since they have eyes all over the country). Then all Luxia and FX have to do is to follow them, and then rescue the robber before they kill him.
    • FX agrees. He then starts feeling bad for not being able to counter the poisons, protect her or think of this plan. Luxia comforts him and says that it's just his first mission anyway. Luxia tells FX to call him "Xiao Xia" because he's been calling her "Miss Su" the entire time and she doesn't like it.
    • They return to the inn to eavesdrop on Yang Yi and the guy from before. Yang Yi basically says that he'll go and find the robber first, and then lay a trap for Luxia and FX. Luxia's about to follow Yang Yi when FX stops her and says that they shouldn't follow right behind - Yang Yi will discover their presence. FX apparently knows lip-reading, and can tell that Yang Yi is going to Huyang province. It also helps that he has an official's pass that can help them travel faster.
    • On the way, Luxia reminds FX that their goal is to just save the robber, and not to actually fight with Yang Yi. Also, her poisonous powder would be useless on its own so she's coated his sword with another poison - she tells him to stab everyone once with his sword, and then later when she scatters the poisonous powder it'll work to make them unable to fight.
    idk if it's the manhwa style or what but at the end it looks like FX is looking a bit shifty hMM... also i count 2 plot holes in this chapter (1. does Luxia have an apothecary with her at all times, how was she able to make a poison powder so quickly, 2. if Yang Yi's skills are high why couldn't he tell they were eavesdropping on his conversation lol)

6. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for translating. I think the reason Yang Yi wasn’t able to notice is probably because he wasn’t skillful to the point of noticing their presence that quickly and Luxia was able to make poison power because she was able to buy some?

7. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    • Days later, at Huyang Province, the robber is walking around on the streets when Yang Yi and the other guards stop him in his tracks. They're here to kill the robber. The robber turns tails to flee, and encounters Luxia and FX. Luxia points at the robber, and says, "It's him! FX, quickly, save him!"
    • FX rushes forward, shielding the robber with his own body. Yang Yi sneers and says that he'll take care of him as well, we'll see if FX is faster than their throwing dagger.
    • One of the guards throws his dagger at the robber. FX yells at the robber to get down. FX flicks something out (it's a circular disc) to deflect the throwing dagger, but it pierces through the robber anyway.
    • Luxia shouts the robber's name (Tian Da Cai) in shock. She tries to stem the blood flow. She tells him to hold on, for himself and his brothers (t/n: I'm assuming the other robbers who were dealt with)
    • FX tells Luxia to leave with the robber first, he'll stop Yang Yi from following them. But Yang Yi says they're not going anywhere. He sends one of the guards to take Luxia. Fighting ensues.
    • Luxia drags the robber away, and tells FX to remember what she said. FX just says yes, and tells her to leave first.
    • While Luxia and the robber are escaping, the robber tells Luxia that he won't be able to make it. He has evidence that ZZ was involved in the killing of a court official. He says that the evidence is enough to indict all of them and send them to be executed. He tells her to find the evidence and take revenge for him.
    • Luxia asks him where the evidence is, he says it's at the traveller's inn. Luxia then thinks: at least now we know where it is. We just need to find it.
    • Meanwhile, one of the guards has managed to catch up to Luxia. FX notices this, and gets there in time to stab the guy in the chest. But then Yang Yi follows after and stabs FX in the chest.
    • FX manages to break Yang Yi's sword with his own, and carries Luxia to leap away. Yang Yi is stunned that FX still has so much strength even after being stabbed. Yang Yi then tells his men to continue the chase; FX won't be able to last for long with that injury

8. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When i am reading the title i thought it would be
    ML
    but thank god its not him

Now with the evidence against ML i wonder if YN will change her view about him? Or did she just fall too deep to the point that she will ignore it? Or maybe spouting some bullshit like EvErYoNe CaN ChAnGe like no YN , yes people can change but only those who truly want to change . And this ML is not one of them.

Anyway, thank you so much for the translation! I hope you have a good day!

9. Ray Levantret

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. That guy is just disgusting. If YN still sprout nonsense about him being kind or what not after seeing what he do, I would really like to open her brain and see if it’s empty.

skai.ya and Calypso Noir like this.
  10. FunSmiles

FunSmiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I breathed a sigh of relief as I also though that as well

skai.ya and Calypso Noir like this.
  11. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHA in her, um, defense, I think her thought process goes like this: ZZ was very nice to me when he courted me (even if to get close to her) , he has only killed my family (that she knows of), but even that was out of him misunderstanding my family and taking revenge for his own (?), and now that I'm in a similar situation - of having the choice to take revenge - I can understand why he might feel consumed by the desire to take revenge.

If the evidence only shows that he was involved in the murder of her family, I think she won't be convinced as it doesn't introduce any new facts. However, if the evidence shows that he was involved in other murders and other atrocities, and there's no 'good reason' for that (aka revenge or misunderstandings) then she might warm up to the idea that he's a callous person who has no regard for life.

And to be honest, a lot of victims of abuse do tend to side with their abusers - the abusers are often, um, dare I say, charismatic in their own ways and able to gaslight their victims to the point where victims have to rely solely on the abusers for a sense of reality. It's sad, and honestly, I hope Luxia kicks his butt soon.

12. FunSmiles

FunSmiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true and it's sad that they have a strong hold on their victims. Sometimes it takes a strong wake up call for them to see the truth.
    I'm glad Luxia is going to be her wake up call.

13. okpanda_533

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a quick note about chapter title - the original is directly translated as "die heart", which I guess is quite apt here.

• Luxia is helping FX up, and they're escaping into the forest while being slowly pursued by Yang Yi and his men. Luxia notes that the poison from FX's sword should have already gone into Yang Yi and his men's bodies, so she releases her powdered poison.
    • The men try to stop breathing in the powdered poison, but it's too late as Luxia's poison is amplifying the poison from FX's sword. A couple of men collapse. Luxia thinks: Enjoy the combination of my two poisons! It's just too bad that I don't have enough raw materials in this world to make more of the poisons, or else you'd already be dead.
    • Luxia and FX make it to an abandoned temple. Luxia worries about FX. As she's trying to patch him up, Hamster exclaims that FX's lost a lot of blood, and the wound is directly where his heart is - FX is going to die!
    • Luxia tells Hamster to shut up. She's already stopped his bleeding and applied medicine to him. It's just that his pulse is still very weak. Hamster says that Luxia needs to save him - he's such a good person, it'll be a pity for him to die.
    • Hamster hears FX trying to mumble something - turns out he's still urging her to run while he can try to delay the rest.
    • Luxia scolds him, saying that the Yang family/ZZ won't hurt her - is it really worth getting himself injured so badly in order to prevent them from taking her away?
    • Hamster calls Luxia a tsundere (t/n: not rly but you get the idea)
    • Luxia comments that FX has been hurt so severely, but he's still alive... is this because of his willpower or...? Luxia feels the wound on FX's chest, and discovers something...
    • Meanwhile, news has travelled to ZZ from Yang Yi that a lot of casualties has been suffered on their side, but at least they've killed the robber and FX, and YN is in an abandoned temple. They're awaiting his orders.
    • ZZ decides that he will go there personally to take YN back so she can never escape from him.
    • When ZZ gets to the temple, someone informs him that FX has been buried by YN, and YN is inside the temple. He goes in and taunts her for escaping, or failing to escape.
    • It's morning time, so Luxia is just watching as YN tries to persuade ZZ to stop being evil. She tells ZZ to confess to his sins.
    • ZZ sneers, asking her what she's talking about, what sins he's committed?
    • YN says that he killed her family out of revenge for his own parents. But what about the other people he's killed? The evidence from the robber shows that he's killed, robbed, committed arson and terrorised people - countless victims have fallen prey to his schemes. It's not just her father, but also the officials from smaller towns... he wasn't originally like this!
    • YN basically begs ZZ to turn himself in, saying that if he goes to jail, she'll wait for him to come out. If he's executed, then she'll commit suicide to join him in death.
    • Hamster meanwhile comments, how can YN say these things when she knows the extent of the evil stuff he's done - does she love him so much? Luxia replies that, yeah, probably, but she's so naive that she'll believe she's able to persuade ZZ to turn over a new leaf like that. Well, it'll just be up to ZZ to deal the final blow for her to finally wake up from her delusions.
    • ZZ, as expected, slaps away YN's hand. He says that he's not the one at fault - it's people like her that are in the wrong. Kind people don't have happy endings in this world, only the people who are heartless are strong. His father was a good example - because of how kind he was, he was framed by other people and thus died a terrible death.
    • ZZ tells YN that she doesn't need to do anything but stay by his side, after all, she loves him, right?
    • YN shakes her head, crying, finally realising that ZZ has made his choice, and she says that she's foolish for thinking he could change. It seems like they can't go back to the way things used to be - she can't be with him, and everything is coming to an end...
    • A system message pops up saying that 50% of the mission is complete - YN has given up on ZZ. Now, it's time for Luxia to tackle the other 50% AKA the male lead's side. Luxia comments that that should also be done by now.

ZZ: Do you guys know how to win back a woman?
    ZZ: Does [she] not love me anymore?.jpg
    An Sheng (actress arc): I can't win back a woman, but I can discredit one.
    An Sheng: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Su Youji (vampire arc?): I can't win back a woman, but I can abandon one.
    Su Youji: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Liang Qun (Transmigrator period drama arc): I can't win back a woman, but I can abuse (domestic violence) one.
    Liang Qun: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Long Daohai (artist from dating sim arc): I can't win back a woman, but I can bed one.
    Long Daohai: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Xing Yeteng (singer from dating sim arc): I can't win back a woman, but I can be jealous of one.
    Xing Yeteng: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Yuan Changya (yakuza from dating sim arc): I can't win back a woman, but I can kill one.
    Yuan Changya: I'm so handsome, I'm so smart, that is me!.jpg
    Emperor (from the very first arc, palace arc): Why do you have to win her back?
    ZZ: Because I love her.
    Emperor: Can't you just marry her?
    Emperor: Contempt of a King.jpg
    ZZ: I married her, but it's useless.
    Emperor: Then you are quite useless,
    Emperor: You're incompetent, please leave the groupchat.jpg

ZZ has been banned for 24 hours.

ZZ: ugh, since there's no other method, I'll just lock YN up so that she can only look at me.

14. Miki04

Miki04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the third one, transmigration period drama male lead scum is also sane. Since he practically knows he is not good for her and tries to 'repent':hmm:. Maybe he is just joking with them since the male lead in the current arc is very trashy and such a douchebag. He and like every scum deserves a scolding:blobpopcorn_cool:

15. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    .....the ML in the current arc in the raw, he freaking stink! how long will we have to endure him and this arc!!!! :O I want him gone

16. XiaoXin

XiaoXin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the ML in the first arc was also married to her lmao. Does he really have the right to talk like that

17. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is hypocrite, i wouldnt expect much from them tbh

Jukki, skai.ya and XiaoXin like this.