Recommendations (BL) Completed original novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by setomono, Jun 11, 2021.

1. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone!
    I’d like to get some recommendations of completed original novels (BL).
    I’ve come across some popular titles but all of them are still in progress...
    I’m okay with any genres. My favorite themes are school/uni life and/or gamers. But again, feel free to recommend me anything!

tabushechka likes this.
  2. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    School complete
    One Useless Rebirth
    Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage

Gaming complete
    I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG
    Love You 59 Seconds
    I Rely on Kisses to Clear Survival Games

setomono likes this.
  3. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sorry, what I meant by original novels are novels written originally in English. But thanks anyway!

Stephanie1399 likes this.
  4. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In novelupdates, there are no novels originally written in English. Scribblehub is a good source, but most of the good ones are usually in progress. I think The only ones I highly recommend is "The Grandmaster's weird disciple" and "The Jade Veterinarian," I believe they're both completed and can be found in Scribblehub. They're both cultivation novels. I recommend if you're into plot-heavy stories, the romances are very nice.

I can't think of any other original English novels that are actually finished.

setomono likes this.
  5. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recs, I’ll check them out! I know original novels usually are either on Scribblehub or Webnovel, but still thought I could try asking here :)

6. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    The Jade Vetenarian is still an ongoing work, its author is on semi-hiatus with updates right now.

OP should consider checking out BL_Palace's profile on ScribbleHub, which has been categorizing/posting about original BL works monthly (including listing completed works). Here's the latest issue of May updates: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/217122-boys-love-newsletter/chapter/280570/

You can also consider checking out the Spring BL Anthology hosted by BL_Palace which is full of completed oneshot works by various authors: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/260317/bl-spring-is-in-the-air/

Last but not least, consider joining the BL_Palace Discord (link is on SH profile) so you can get recs anytime and interact with readers and writers alike. They also have a presence on the SH forums, which is better suited for finding original BL works than NUF! This thread is probably relevant to your interests: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/bl-reading-club-m-m-fiction-for-readers-and-writers.3625/

And if you like xianxia I'm currently writing Cultivation Retirement Plan hohoh self-plug~

setomono likes this.
  7. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, thank you so much for such a detailed explanation! I've joined their Discord and going to check out the lists. Your novel seems very intriguing, I loooove the theme of fated lovers! Thank you, thank you~~

8. bafflinghaze

bafflinghaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helllooo!

Hm, for gamers, there is this one which is more VR type, and in progress but I'm pretty sure it's completed and just posting:

Husband, Let’s Meet IRL

and this one is a school/uni type BL: The School Idol's Roommate

setomono likes this.
  9. wasififi

wasififi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    setomono likes this.
  10. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link