Recommendations Good Cultivation Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by dweenator, Jun 13, 2021.

1. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for GOOD cultivation novels.

What do I mean by this? I need everything cultivation-related to be fleshed out.

I don't really mind a somewhat cliched story, I've been reading webnovels for a few years now so coming across similar plot lines is a given.

I'm looking for novels with a simple yet expanded upon cultivation levels. I prefer novels that make use of the old but proven basic cultivation levels. Refer to novels written by IET and Er Gen.

The techniques, skills, and abilities should also be consistent. I don't want a novel where a technique or skill is only useful for this level and is thus quickly replaced by a skill with an even more obnoxious name to signify its higher level status. Also, techniques, skills, and abilities should be dependent upon the user and not on its rank.

I've had enough of so-called cultivation novels where fights happen by shouting out obnoxious and redundantly long names to outrank their opponents.

For the novels I have read for reference, I did create a reading list a long long while ago, can't remember. It should have a lot of what I have read but it should also not contain what I read since then that I liked. I just couldn't be bothered to add anything new to my reading list atm. There are also probably others I have just forgotten to add when I could be bothered to. Anyways, here's the link: https://www.novelupdates.com/user/138189/dweenator/?rl=1 P.S. Go to the second tab named "Favourite Novels".

As of currently, I'm reading: I'm actually a cultivation bigshot, My disciples are insane!, ! accept disciples and get stronger(more than half of it is behind paywall), Dominating Sword Immortal(updates stopped) and Legend of Futian(read this a few years ago when it was newly translated, reading it again atm).

As for other novels I have read that aren't on my list nor mentioned above, at the top of my head: White Robed Chief, Path Towards Heaven. I've also read novels by Fengling Tianxia, I've read them years ago and they probably have alot more translated chapters by now but I'm a bit hesitant to read them again as I've read somewhere about the blatant racism in said novels.

I mean, the novels are from China, written by a Chinese author, meant to be consumed by Chinese readers so in hindsight, China number one , everyone else is trash, is fairly understandable. This also happens with all of KR novels I have read which is why I tend to avoid them as most of them are of the "modern" genre.

Which brings me to an important point, If you have read this far-thank you for your time and patience, please do not recommend anything "modern" or any novels that uses the history and/or background of modern Earth. It's a lot harder to maintain my suspension of disbelief when confronted with reality. I also would rather not get into the hurly burly of modern politics.

Also, please no BL, no Female MC either. This isn't me being a bigot, I'm a straight male and I can't put myself in the shoes of a Female MC nor a gay one.

Sorry about the long post, I did not really come in here with a plan, I'm just winging it. Anyways, although I feel like I've missed a lot more, I think it's safe to assume that I've covered enough.

2. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
  3. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    Read that a while ago, I stopped when it stopped updating. Probably won't be reading it again until it is complete.

4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhu Xian and Heaven's Shadow by the same author

5. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    From time to time, I end up on the profile of Zhu Xian, Though I never really read it yet. I feel like it's the same with Way of Choices where if you read it you have to commit 100% to truly enjoy it and thus far, I'm having cold feet.

I'll give it a try when it is completed, if it already is, maybe down the line when I feel like it. Thanks anyway.