Recommendations Recommendations for solo ascention, OP protagonists or unique cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Jirachier, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Jirachier

Jirachier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't want to make 3 separate threads but I'm asking for 3 different types of stories.

- Solo Ascention: Series(mostly chinese) where the protagonist gets stronger and ascends to higher realms, there are a lot of them but I want the ones where the protagonist surpasses everyone and moves on to the next place on his own, without any friends of romantic interest, none of the tropes where his friends also appear hundreds/thousands of chapters later and were actually being trained by some secret master or awakened some hidden talent that allows them to maintain relevance.
    Examples: Desolate Era, Lord Xue Ying, Swallowed Star(It's fine if he's keeping his family/friends/etc with him by giving them pills to breakthrough and stay alive).

- Overpowered protagonists: I'm mostly talking about series where the protagonist is one of the strongest/THE strongest from the START or at least early on(this is important, a lot of people consider series where the MC becomes OP at the end as OP series, I'm not talking about those).
    Examples: Swordsmeister of Rome, Kuroki Eiyuu no Ichigeki Musou, Main Character Hides His Strength

- Unique cultivation technique/unique innate ability: Most cultivation series are mostly just about protagonists learning techniques and skills that have always existed and are already perfected and they usually abandon them for better techniques later in the series, I'm asking for series where the protagonist sticks to ONE technique throughout the entire series that only he is using and has some special benefits compared to other techniques, either that or protagonists with some special constitution innate talent that will be the main reason for their strength for the entire series.
    Examples: Stellar Transformation, Seeking the Flying Sword Path, The Nine Cauldrons

2. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same author as STFSP and LXY also wrote and finished Archean Eon Art (mtl somehow got it as Blue Essence Chart).

His main thing is painting which remains relevant until the end. Tl of it was already somewhere in the middle back when I read it ( got impatient and finished the series in mtl), but it seems the tl is done as well at IET's standard 700+ chapters.

4. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Despapa69 likes this.
  5. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The path towards heaven
    Mc is op always

6. PeepoMrFool