LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. lekxman22

lekxman22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is scared of D mostly bcs even though shiro is a god. D can squash her like a bug so yeah she wont think about killing D for some time.

2. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Shun offers himself to the system like Wrath, is that going to destroy the hero system as well?

Also, what are the chances that after everything is over D puts Shiro in charge of this Star?

3. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Shun sacrificed himself and Sariel didn't immediately appoint someone new, Shiro would probably dismantle that part of the system, yes. Although at this point you could argue there's no real point anymore.

I'm hoping this story ends with D either dead or not in a position to force Shiro to do anything. But she might end up watching over the planet anyway given that she wants to be by herself and there's a nice little divine vacuum here now that all the angels and dragons are gone.

4. Kphone89

Kphone89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Shun's death will destroy the hero system.
    In WN main story 274 Hero Killing, Shiro was planning to actively remove the hero system after Julius died (when there were no heroes). Sariel interfered by using up energy and part of her own physical body so its unclear whether removing the hero system will do anything positive now.

I forget the chapter but D is expecting the surviving reincarnators (including Shiro) to return to Earth.
    D is less evil than people make her out to be. In Web Novel main story 218 Meido Appears, you can see D being a reasonable person (like any other human). Even before the reincarnation, D wasn't murdering Shinohara for being a noisy buzzing fly. Also, D may be the Goddess of the Underworld, but she's only a self-proclaimed Worst Evil Goddess. She probably proclaimed herself that to prevent others from worshiping her and to avoid doing work.
    While searching for this reference, I noticed the word mother came to mind for Shiro thinking of Meido. I didn't commit it to memory before because it seemed unimportant.

Gods aren't suicidal maniacs like Sariel. I feel most gods would either kill the cancerous group or all of humanity before it reaches that point, and that's what the dragons tried to do.

Wannabe-shutin likes this.
  5. chaos500

chaos500 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously Dude, you should reread the novel because D is evil, she says she's an evil goddess herself, because she's willing to do horrible things just because she wants to have fun.

seriously, if she wanted to, she could save the planet without having to resort to the system, she basically created the system where people had to constantly kill themselves at the risk of their souls being destroyed just because she thought it would be more fun.

6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Torturing people for thousands of years until their souls are ground into dust is just a funny joke, where is your sense of humor, bud? Ha ha, I laugh every time.

7. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean blame those people for not meeting the quota. They're the ones that wasted the MA, they're wasting it still.

8. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    Before D showed up:
    • Humanity began human experiments. Sariel did not interfere. EVIL (Evil Goddess as well)
    • Humanity discovered MA energy.
      The dragons warned humanity not to use it, but they used it anyway. EVIL
    • Sariel sat by and did nothing as humanity actively tried to kill the planet (and thereby killing off themselves). EVIL (Evil Goddess as well)
    • After the dragons tried to solve the problem (by killing humanity), Sariel interfered. Evil Goddess
    • After the dragons left, Sariel decided she "didn't want to continue to watch over humanity" so she tried to kill herself by using the humans wish for her to sacrifice herself for the planet. EVIL (Evil Goddess as well)
      If she had tried to kill off people who knew how to acquire and use MA energy, all papers about it, and all MA energy technology before sacrificing herself, I wouldn't phrase it like this.
    People keep insisting D is evil, but the facts show Sariel and her treasured humanity are evil.

I hereby proclaim myself a God. Do you believe me?
    If you do, I guess she's an evil goddess. pffffffffft

I'm pretty sure I've said stuff before?

9. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One does not negate the other. Opposing one evil does not make you good...

D is evil, acting for her own amusement. But not mustache twirling cartoon evil.

Sariel is not evil, she is only just above an automata, and has programed responses/values she can not override. Your before D reasons for calling her Evil are so out of touch with the story it is not funny.

Humans though, ya greed and hatred runs through them. But the dragons warning is not a valid reason to call them evil, as the dragons were entitled arrogant jerks, and did not explain WHY it was a bad idea.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare they not stop Potimas from using MA energy. Those monsters. If only there were were someone on the planet who was capable of doing that. I guess it's all Gyurie's fault. Damn, Gyurie, why didn't you stop Potimas? It's not like there was a near omnipotent deity that expressly forbid you from doing so!

Also I guess that means I deserve to be tortured forever because my car uses gasoline instead of being a purely electric car or riding a bike to work. We should all burn in hell for our anti environmental sins.

11. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read my quote of my previous post? It pointed out that she saved the world, created monsters (after humanity avoided fixing the world), and granted peoples wishes.
    I'm not saying she's good, just not the true evil people insist she is.
    When D created the system, humanity stopped using MA energy because they could get their wishes granted through the system. If D had just restored the planet (to the point before the dragons took the majority of the MA energy), humanity would continue to drain it for their personal use and end up in the same situation, and D would likely be called to fix the same fucking problem.

An automata would follow their orders to the best of their ability.
    Sariel's original orders should be preserving the planet and protecting primitive lifeforms (not humans). In the beginning, humans may have been primitive but after their development, they would've ceased being classified as such. Her disregard for the planet and its primitive lifeforms in favor of humanity being the supreme creature is proof enough that she stopped being an mindless automaton.
    After things went bad, she never sent a request for help to her creator. I'd say this is proof she knew she opposed her orders. As a sentient life form that had long been freed from her programming, there's no way she can avoid being labeled evil.

Also, being an automated machine does not prevent one from being classified as Good/Neutral/Evil. Think of all the times where machines get called evil because they can kill people, destroy planets, etc.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  12. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the only reason any humans (Potimas) continued to use MA energy is because D forbid Gyurie from doing anything to stop him. "Stop hitting yourself, humanity!" No other humans continued to use that energy.

Also wowwww now you're calling Sariel evil. Because she tried to protect people. Honestly, are you trolling? You're defending D torturing people for thousands of years and making things worse at every possible opportunity but then attacking Sariel for the vicious crime of ignoring her species' normal MO and trying to actually help people. Sariel is an idiot, she isn't evil.

13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Gyurie was forbidden from interfering, because he's outside the system. When you're in an mmo you need to get players to level up and deal with the gold farmer, that's causing the lag, not have the admin in charge go over to his address and destroy his computer. That doesn't fix the problem or keep the investor entertained.

Kphone89 likes this.
  14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The defenses Potimas possesses are way beyond the capability of any human nation to deal with. If it wasn't, Dustin absolutely would have tried. His basic mooks are as strong as Alaba, his elite mooks one shot a queen Taratect and one of his secret weapons was designed to handle Gyurie.

Forbidding Gyurie from stopping him is the same as giving him complete free reign. Even Gyurie probably could not have done it alone. The only being that could even contribute meaningfully while still being inside the System was Ariel, who is implicitly the strongest being to ever BE in the System. And even she was barely able to deal with one of Pottymouth's superweapons, let alone the fleet, which was so powerful even Shiro would have been hard pressed to deal with it through brute force.

It was not possible for humans in the System to actually stop Potimas. Did D know that? Probably, but let's assume she didn't. Thing is, if that's the case, then she didn't care, which is just as bad. She knowingly threw billions of souls into purgatory via trickery and then blocked their hopes of escape. Does she bear sole responsibility? Of course not, but she bears a lot. That is why she is officially the secondary instigator to Potty's primary position.

15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Dustin would not have tried, he isn't that kind of politician. Also, Potti had thousands of years to build that fleet, and those weapons. Gyurie was the only one barred from interfering, but he had and army of Sariel followers, and had been raising imitation dragons, all of which could have been sent after potti's compound. He also had the option to deal with him before Sariel made her sacrifice, but chose to go ask D for help instead.

If billions of souls had thrown themselves at Potimas' barrier, they would eventually take it down, and all the people dying there would have aided the system in repairing damage.

16. Kphone89

Reading List:
    Link
    • Sariel allowed human experimentation on babies and children. This includes the torture of those innocent newborn babies. This is a high-ranking EVIL act.
    • Sariel looked the other way when humans began draining the MA energy for the planet, and the first drains were used for said human experimentation. This is an EVIL act.
    • Sariel chose to allow humans to destroy the world by using the MA energy indiscriminately. This also means she's letting one non-primitive lifeform end the lives of all other creatures, including primitive lifeforms on the planet. This is an EVIL act.
    • Sariel fought against the "planet's guardians" (true dragons) for the EVIL humans. This is an EVIL act.
    • Sariel agreed to end her life without trying to purge the EVIL groups or remove the EVIL (MA energy burning) knowledge and technology from the world. This is an EVIL act.
    • Sariel redirected an attack cause by her people to the one who granted her wish. This is an EVIL act. (note: be careful what you wish for.)

Potimas development was slow. It was easy to kill him when the system was enacted and it wasn't impossible to bypass the barrier.
    It's exactly because the system was put in place that the other humans stopped using MA energy-which is what I said in the post you quoted.

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    She altered her programming to just protecting humans, she can't really protect them from themselves without harming some, so she doesn't save any that aren't able to ask her directly for help.
    Those weren't the guardians of anything, those are just dragons squatting on a planet with no official guardian. They were freeloaders that only got involved when it affected dragons.
    She protects humans for own barely understood emotional reasons. Her sentimentality prevents her from doing more than giving them a firm talking to.
    Wasn't her wish. Her wish was to give her life to save those people, and Gyurie went to D to keep her from getting it, she even added more of her power to the attack launched at Gyurie when she redirected it to D, speeding up her death.

18. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah not even gonna say that much. Suffice to say I will stop arguing about this now.

19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You, quite frankly, do not understand what constitutes an evil act.
    None of those examples actually work as being an evil act on Sariel's part.

however since you called the Dragon's the planets guardians, you also obviously did not read the story. The dragons stole most of the planets energy,

20. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you just trolling since D is definitely evil. All of her actions are self-centered. In story she is a wild card that can do great acts of good or evil simply because what is most beneficial to her(most entertaining) can be both beneficial or harmful to the other factions involved.