Spoiler My Legend Still Exists in the Cultivation World

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by JadeBunny, Aug 3, 2018.

1. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-legend-still-exists-in-the-cultivation-world/
    chapter link: https://wintertranslates.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/mlse-chapter-01/
    Description

A hundred centuries ago, Daoist Jing Yuan died from lightning. A hundred centuries later, he comes back to life, but discovers that the stars have shifted and the world has transformed by leaps and bounds.

Marketplace: Selling herbs for 10 coppers each, alleviates fevers and detoxifies, reduces swelling and relieves pain.

Jing Yuan: Isn’t this the main precious herb used for Foundation Establishment Pills?

Auction house: Advanced level cultivation method starting at 30,000 spirit-stones!

Jing Yuan: Isn’t this the trashiest cultivation method you could find anywhere on the streets?

Art gallery: “The 100 Influential Figures of the Cultivation World”

Jing Yuan: Aren’t these my good friends A, B, C, D and old enemies 1, 2, 3, 4?

Bookstore: “Jing Yuan: A Biography“, “Memoirs of Jing Yuan“, “An Intro to Daoist-Master Jing Yuan’s Legendary Life“, “Honored Master Jing Yuan Teaches You How to Guide Qi into the Body“, “The Seven Habits of Founder Jing Yuan”

Jing Yuan: ?? Isn’t this me? Wait, when did I gain seven habits?

The companions he once journeyed with have long passed away, and not even 1/10 of the of the formerly glorious cultivation legacies remain. Yet, in this world without him, his legend still exists. This kind of feeling, is a bit embarrassing…

Associated Names
    修真界依然有我的传说

This just came out and I'm super curious about the future developments. It is also the newest teaser by Winter Translates. I want to know who is the ML and the relationship developments or history between the 2.
    @alexfilia

yfndsh, ahsudole, mereumsama and 6 others like this.
  2. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    saw the synopsis for this novel, really excited for any spoilers on it

3. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    *Quietly add to my reading list*

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    This was already on my reading list but I have yet to get around to it...

I think I only skimmed the ending for this one -- HE and I think ML is a sword cultivator.

5. Prying Fan

Prying Fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Reads description* "oh...." *Remembers that its a BL novel* "Oh yes!!! cant frickin wait!!"

6. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    wow this sounds pretty interesting

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is MC uke or seme?

Neelambori likes this.
  9. BadAllDay

BadAllDay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read it, sounds good!

10. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shizun i didn't get the poke QAQ

11. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    now?

@scriptor @winter-t @LaDyViL @Sakhyu @cici @SnowTime @MoMoePom @SummerX
    @kiara8 @readerz @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @ludagad @Luen @DarkBlue @Yuslia @clear @dustmite @smr85 @lalalyly @iampsyx @HesheFell @Kailyria20 @Shizun @Misaki Yata @Haigi @XD @xiin @PKitty @insteadofdeath @Victuuri @ShenHua @Corensi @vsukio @-kiai- @Kleep @ChuChi @Cohran @azure_sea @mereumsama @Hatchy @jadelin @Neelambori @Ami @Shizuka15 @NerdExpress @Popipopipoi @kumquatsjingleheimer @Nokiyoh @K-ralara @MikotoP @purple_mangosteen @Taida07 @Matthew9999 @Hasr11 @Rilise

@missycin @Skyelyne @blaze27 @dontwanttotell @Miri-Bell @Ezralva @DJdragone @leva @CrazedCookies @Leir @Selax @Regalia1896 @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @Nokita @maya_sov @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @pcheshire @Loriel @byebye @Vi.M @Raneday @LavenderBlizzard @psychobee @theragingpanda @Ease @LiYao @SmilePlease @li.king24 4 @Zhen_Qing

@ferrelrose @cheerydandan @Raizendeville @aNonYm0U5 @Rabbitanairy @foxymirage @LiYao @Boinkers @Khysylia @UpInTheAir @Food food @Ashie @Lisstr @blues86 @rainbowturtle @GD2318 @ahsudole @imsodone @Wildelily @Dayong9909 @Haruka1409 @WagKalimutan @GinDole @Tintl @veihakase @DeanRae @haweii @Sasakira @etern @MidnightKaito @michoux @jyuuxvii @xilainia @Fieyy-Qa @JadeBunny @Levanta @Storymonster @Ash Astin @solomaize @Ninjagal @EveningWind @Silver_Moon789 @Yukki576 @Juria @Lunnear @KazeYuki @waraa @misminor @Shigure Hakuya @LoneSoul @Grandia @YukiShiiro @ThePinkHotPot @curryninja @lifeisbittersweet @Shionismad @KuroBaraHime @shouahang58 @XiaoPingGuo @bitterblackrabbit @Ryss @Moocakey @324722 @AaronKing @Cian-Chan @clear @alexfilia

pcheshire, alexfilia and clear like this.
  12. clear

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shizun yep! it's working now!

13. Yuuzuro

Yuuzuro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers?

14. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed through the entire novel (wow it was super long...), so feel free to shoot any spoiler-y questions my way!

This novel is definitely extremely high cultivation, with heavy focus on the different cultivation stages, really long timelines (time scales of centuries and millennia), and tons of different factions/worldbuilding. Unfortunately, the gigantic cast and huge world means we don't really get that in-depth of a look into the side characters.

I'm usually a plot person, but the sheer number of detours/side stories made my eyes glaze over at times (especially since Chinese isn't my native language and all). The story took a while to get going, and the main plotline isn't super super compelling.

I basically kept reading purely for the main pairing: the MC and ML are great characters with a really sweet and loving dynamic.
    MC is Jing Yue (previously widely known as Jing Yuan in his last life). He was basically one of the founders of "modern-day" cultivation, and while his new reborn body basically has to start cultivation over, he advances at a frankly "ridiculously overpowered" pace because of his previous experience lol. His personality is an interesting combination of both warm and cold (warm to those he cares about especially his disciples, ruthless to everyone else especially those who get in the way of his cultivation). And of course he's brilliant and badass.
    ML is Qin Yanzhi. He's probably the most powerful sword cultivator and also a once-in-a-generation talent. He starts off as somewhat on the stoic side since he's of course devoted to the path of the sword, but he gets quite attached to Jing Yue and opens up a lot more.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  15. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    to steal a line from Attica:
    i also skimmed through the entire novel (and wow it wasn't only super long, it was super dense with plot)~
    :blobcheeky:

i'm not sure i can go through the whole thing again (so i won't be translating it) but here's what i remember because it was genuinely really good and worth reading. please correct me if anything is wrong here, because i read the whole thing in one gulp and didn't take notes... :blobfearful:

Legends is set in a really structured cultivation world (kinda like how there's casual fantasy vs high fantasy, this is definitely high cultivation lol) world with tons of characters, a vast universe, multiple planes, lightning tribulation, magical artifacts, and so on.

It's infused with hints of modern/amusing elements to lighten it up. these things don't detract from the plot but rather make it a bit easier to read and acts as hilarious ways to lighten up the mood. a lot of the light-heartedness comes from a baby blue phoenix called 叽叽 aka Chirpy, who is also the reason behind MC's rebirth.

Cast of characters -
    MC - Jing Yue (shou)
    His cultivation speed is OP because he's done it all before. In his past life, he was more a jack of all trades type cultivator who knew a bit of everything because his skill with the sword was only so-so. In his new life, he has decided to follow the sword path and try to finalize his ultimate sword move (which he failed at in the last life, and it was this lightning tribulation that killed him off). HOWEVER, even though his cultivation goes up by leaps and bounds, he still has to cultivate his way back, and for the first half of the story, he's actually quite weak in the grand scheme of things.
    In his previous life, he had three disciples. I forgot the first, but the second one was "Yi Wang" (forgetfulness), a supreme sword cultivator who left his methods to "Yi Ye" (one leaf), the third disciple.

ML - Qin Yanzhi (gong)
    He is actually the reincarnated soul of MC's second disciple, Yi Wang
    The current most promising sword cultivator in the current cultivation world. He is really strong and able to fight people in cultivation realms above his, but he's also not the strongest in the world when the story starts. He's the sect leader for the top sword cultivation sect, and acting school head for the Academy that MC later attends :blobowoevil_horns:
    He doesn't speak much, but he does like to wear different robes all the time (random tidbit lol). He's completely devoted to his sword, and his sword has already developed a sword spirit despite the fact that most people in his cultivation realm haven't even developed their sword consciousness.

Chirpy - 叽叽 :blobReach:
    The blue baby phoenix that helped MC come back to life. The blue jade that MC had in his past life actually contained Chirpy, so when he died originally, the jade (and Chirpy) helped nourish his soul so that he could return. When Chirpy is introduced, she actually tries to act like a system (like in those transmigration novels) because she thought it would be fun. Chirpy is the main element that induces a touch of modern-ness in the novel, because her hobby.... is to read romance novels (imagine all the het and BL romance webnovels on NU, but in bound book form. they're sold in stalls and markets in this world :aww:). she teaches MC slang, and they use casual modern references/terms when they converse, which lightens up the mood significantly, using terms like 'white lotus' or referring to typical romance plotlines and debating whether or not they're occurring with the people around MC.

Yi Ye - One Leaf
    One of the few remaining people who are still alive from MC's era. He is MC's last disciple from the previous life, and is still around~ He's now the super-ancestor for the sect that MC had established back then, the Cold Cloud/Hanyun Sect (寒云宗)He's the one who gives Yi Wang's memoirs and stuff back to MC after they're reunited.

Major events, and plot -
    - Overarching plotline starts pretty soon, the demonic cultivators are on the rise and infiltrating back into the world and causing chaos. The schemes and plots directly influence ML/MC, and they get dealt with at the very end.

- After MC comes back into the world, he rejoins his old sect and becomes ... an honorary disciple of himself. The very top level of Hanyun Sect actually know his true identity, but it would be too earth shattering, so they decide to make him the 'person fated to inherit the original sect leader's legacy' instead. This makes him Yi Ye's honorary martial brother, and a running gag in the story is how Yi Ye always accidentally calls him "Master" instead of "Martial Brother" and has to change his address method halfway through.

- First arc is when he enters the sect and starts to fix up the internal politics that have made it into a mess from the inside. Instead of staying at his peak to cultivate high above others, he joins one of the factions and begins to straighten up the 'corruption' that has started to take place. Basically there are three factions, the 'commoners' faction, the 'cultivation families' faction, and the 'powerhouse'(??) faction. MC joins the 'commoners' faction and proves through his actions that they're spending too much time jostling for power and not enough time focusing on their cultivation. After he fixes this, the sect rep and their power level begins to rise again. Though they were always 1st, it was unstable... later on they solidify their position again.

- After the sect politics are fixed, the sect holds a grand gathering to celebrate the acceptance of MC as the sect's founder's fourth disciple. This is where MC and ML meet for the first time, and also where the ultimate enemy first makes a move. The enemy attacks, and ML uses his sword to deal with it - MC is fascinated by the beauty of his sword strike, ML is surprised at how calm and collected MC is for a supposed youth. but that was it... ah, my BL heart :blob_teary:

- There's the required 'Academy' arc, MC goes off to an Academy that has been set up for cultivation youths that all sects would send their younger disciples to... There's a test at the start, MC is originally exempt because he was from a big sect, but after some provocation he decides to be equal and does it anyway.. during his test he revisits his enlightenment with the ultimate move that caused his death in his past life. ML, who is the current head of the Academy, shows up and knocks him out of his trance, stopping the lightning tribulation that would've killed him again... MC ends up in his embrace~ ML takes note of how MC felt in his arms, and MC takes note of his ML's scent but again nothing happens...:blob_teary:
    MC chooses to take 'Sword Cultivation' as a major and 'Rune Making' as a minor. But the sword teacher was urgently called away into closed cultivation because they wee about to power up, so ML steps in as the instructor instead.. ML is impressed by how devoted MC is to learning and trying to understand the sword, and gradually warms up to him.

- During the academy thing, MC also uses his great insight to improve some existing runes and make money. One of these is used to attract beasts so they can be tamed... this causes ML to find MC because he wants to catch a beast and make a pill for his father for his birthday. SO the two of them travel together to try and catch this fox and make a dan... there isn't enough time to bring MC back to the academy, so they both go to ML's family instead, where the ML's father, who is old and ill with bad eyesight, mistakes MC for ML's lover/companion. once again, nothing happens...:blob_teary:
    BUT, you do get to see the beginnings of how ML and MC interact together, it's easy and comfortable, no stress and no drama even though they might be thinking completely different things in their heart. They seem to be more of the 'quiet companionship' type than 'talking about everything and anything under the heavens'. I guess as cultivators, they all have their own secrets and thoughts.

- ML is called away on sect business. On the way back from an event/trial with a bamboo dimension (where MC wins, of course, and obtains a life-saving bamboo essence) MC and his fellow students (and instructors) get attacked by the ultimate enemy and get sealed into a space that has nothing but spirits that want to devour them. MC comes up with an array that allows them to hold on, but it all seems hopeless... until ML's sword strike cuts the space apart and saves them. After they're out and trying to continue the journey, the attackers come back. They're too powerful - ML sacrifices himself in order to kill the strongest enemy and tells everyone else to flee.

- MC considers that ML's previous saving him from the lightning tribulation during the Academy test (and something else, i forgot now) is an act of kindness he must repay, so he leaves the group and goes to find ML to use the bamboo essence on him. They're still in danger though, so MC uses a dangerous array and teleports them elsewhere

- This starts the arc that really develops their relationship. Their physical bodies are still on the same plane, but their souls have been split into a lower plane. The physical bodies are aware of what's happening in the lower plane, but the lower plane versions of themselves only believe that they have completely shifted over. This arc is kinda hilarious because ML is sent down as a baby :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: that MC then raises. MC's very proper but he's definitely more casual and less guarded around baby-ML, and lowerplane!ML starts to develop feelings of wanting to stay close to MC forever... they're trying to cultivate so that they can 'fly up' back to the higher plane. MC starts another mini-sect here, thinking that once they fly up, his sect can take over this plane and consider it part of their territory. Meanwhile, wounded ML and MC in the original plane wake up and ML feels awkward while MC finds it funny... while they're recuperating, they get to watch as the lower plane versions of themselves go about their lives in fast forward pace (time moves differently).
    At the end of this arc, ML realizes his feelings and asks MC to become Dao Companions. MC isn't sure and says he has to think about it. he's not concerned about gender, but he wants to be certain before he commits (it's actually very sweet) :blobmelt: Also, from all the clues, he's begun to realize that ML might be related to his second disciple, and he still has secrets~ ML is aware about MC having secrets, but he's ok with it.

- They finally kiss for the first time in Chapter 130 during the monster beast/clan arcs. The kiss surprises MC, but it was necessary because they were trying to make a peeping tom believe that MC was actually sleeping with some people that the owner of the place they were staying at had sent over (so it wasn't because they finally got somewhere... sigh :blob_teary:)
    BUT, after the kiss where ML went a littttle bit overboard, ML apologizes for taking advantage. They quietly stare at each other, and MC says, "I'll continue to think about it." and ML goes, “你想,我等。” "You think about it, I'll be waiting."

- Stuff happens, and they finally get together at around Chapter 150, but in between you see some cute scenes of ML taking opportunities to show/tell MC how much he cares, like suddenly speaking up and telling MC when he started liking him, etc.

- The grand finale happens; it's been confirmed that ML's (Yi Wang's) peak technique involved reincarnation and rebirth. This is also why it was so important that Yi Ye had given Yi Wang's things to MC~ Yi Ye, ML, and MC join together to make an ultimate final attack against the ultimate enemy. MC uses his ultimate move that caused lightning tribulation, and between the three of them and Chirpy, they defeat the enemy and disappear from the world, but show up again as youths a few decades later with a little blue bird on one of them's shoulder.

note: I probably missed a whole ton after 150 but i got totally overwhelmed by plot by the time they got together :blobwhistle: feel free to fill in the gaps~
    I didn't go into the sword spirits or why ML/MC figured out exactly why ML was the reincarnated version of his old disciple. Didn't go into the 'my disciple is my lover' taboo thing either, because MC wasn't actually caught up about it. To him, ML is very different from his old disciple, even if they're the same soul, they were different people. At some point, ML had a conversation with MC about why he was different from the other people whose heart was only filled with the sword, saying that others might only have the sword in their hearts, but ML also had MC there. (他只有剑,我还有你 - ch177)
    :bloblove:

The extras don't really explain exactly what happened in the ending... but it does show that MC/ML's sex life is very much inspired by Chirpy's little smut books :blob_blush:

@Zhen_Qing ping~ :cookie:

Peachiii, DemFeels, yfndsh and 13 others like this.
  16. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing a revival~
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @rottenmushroom801
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

scriptor, Queue, Selax and 9 others like this.
  17. Gossymer

Gossymer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this seems more like a high cultivation novel with a side of BL (which is the opposite of how it usually goes, lol).

Do we get a decent amount of interaction between MC and ML though? Been burned lately by fantasy novels with MM relationships that are basically just a tease (blink and you miss it)

18. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah. not right at the start but once they meet up for the academy arc, they're pretty much together most of the time. and you can see hints of relationship progression, there's no dogblood or unnecessary drama. it's very... tacit.

CrazedCookies and Gossymer like this.
  19. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    How does mc's sect find out who he is?
    Also does the rest of the world find out later too?

20. enliven

enliven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sect's celestial beasts roared and bowed towards Bluecloud Summit (where he was 'tested') as well as it's Jadecloud Bell rang indicating an auspicious person to the sect was 'born'.

Only the higher ups of the sect (including his three past and present apprentices) along with the leaders of a Buddhist sect and a dragon clan know.

alexfilia likes this.